ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 pm

HO sends you a letter saying "If you havent already received the BRP, you should do in the next 10 days or so". Also the letter states the FLR(M) has been granted
kiwi87 wrote:does anyone know what comes back with the documents and passports? how do you know that you will receive a biometrics letter?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:20 pm

No after Biometrics you application is assigned to a caseworker, who will contact you if he needs further information, you dont need to do anything but just wait.
I have provided a fax number on one of the eaarlier posts. I was given this number by the person I called to expedite the process.

Just requesting preferential treatment will not get you anywhere unless you can provide compassionate reasons as to why they should process your application before the applicants who have been waiting since Feb and before.
highly skilled wrote:Hello again everyone,

I have a quick question regarding process / flow of documents. After you have enrolled your biometrics are the documents and the biometric card the only things that we are waiting for? To be precise, are there any more application forms (another application for the actual biometric card perhaps?) that we have to complete?

Also with regad to the number to fax documents to - what number have people used to fax their requests for return of sponsor's passport?

Thank you very much!

badger111

Post by badger111 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Have all of you registered for council tax as soon as you have arrived to UK or?

rockstar1
Newly Registered

Re: biometrics letter

Post by rockstar1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Dsin wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:Question for you more experienced folks out there...

It's been nearly 6 weeks since my application was received and my payment taken, and while I received my acknowledgement letter, no biometrics letter yet.

Most cases on here seem to show the biometrics letter comes within 1-4 weeks, but I do see where in some cases it's 6 weeks and some even much longer.

My current situation is that my husband will need to travel to France for work in September. I was told to request his passport back no later than 20 working days prior to when he'll need it, but I'm afraid to request it back just yet because without my biometrics letter, I know they've not yet even inputted me into the system, nor assigned me to a caseworker.

If I request his passport now, I'm afraid they'll have to ask for it back and this will cause even more delay to the lengthy process. I've got another few days to hold out before the 20-working-day mark. It's a bit of a long shot.

I wonder if it's worth sending a letter to the UKBA address on the ack. letter, or the fax number, and inquiring about my biometrics letter and if its been lost in the post, or if it will be generated soon? I don't want to request his passport back too soon, but I also can't wait forever. Not sure what to do :-/
Hi there,

Just a quick update - my husband received his biometrics letter in the post today :D I know we still have a long wait but at least it feels like we have moved a step forward.

We're off to enrol his biometrics at the post office today so will post on here if we have any difficulties in doing so.

Hope this means your letter will also be arriving soon :D

Our dates are:

Applied online & payment taken: 10.06.12
Acknowledgement letter: 22.06.12 (dated 20.06012)
Biometrics letter: 04.08.12 (dated 01.06)
Biometrics enrolled: hopefully today!
I have sent my application on 12 June, got acknowledgement letter on 28 June, and biometrics 06 August, Just enrolled today so lets see who will get the reply first as I can see we both are in the same line :) Good luck!

rockstar1
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) Waiting times

Post by rockstar1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:27 pm

highly skilled wrote:
Dsin wrote:
highly skilled wrote:Hello everyone,

Joining You all in anxious waiting! My wife has submitted her application for FLR (M) based on my ILR on 26th June and we have received our aknowledgement letter on the 3rd of July (dated the 29th June). Nothing since then! Although we were told that biometrics letter arrives within 2-3 weeks of application (evident through some of the timelines in this forum as well!), we have not received anything to date.

I guess my question to everyone is - has anyone on this forum who has applied on or around 26th June received a biometrics letter? Have you had any further developments or tried to follow up on this? Any advice?

Thank you very much!

Our timeline would be:

Application submitted: 26 June 2012
Acknowledgement received: 3 July 2012 (dated 29 June 2012)
Biometrics letter: waiting
Documents: waiting
Biometric permit: waiting
Hi there,

We applied on 10th June and received the biometrics letter on 4th August (dated 1st August). I guess that means they are now sending out letters for the June applications so hopefully your letter will be on its way soon.

Fingers crossed :D
Hi Dsin - thank you for your update! Yes, indeed hopefully this means that ours is on its way. It seems however that the real wait can come after the biometrics are enrolled? Based on the posts in this thread they can go into months?!

We will need our passports by 4th of September, so seems like we may be in a bit of trouble?

Thanks!
I got my biometrics letter on 6 august and done it today, I had applied on 1 June. so I believe you will get your biometrics letter soon within 1-2 weeks. finger crossed. !!

hellostarry
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M

Post by hellostarry » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:48 pm

[quote="Dsin"][quote="2222"]Congratulations Dsin,

But how come I applied before you (27 February) Visa type: FLR (M)
From - Tier 4 and I am still waiting!! ?? lucky you!! :)
Hope mines will come through soon.[/quote]

Hi there,

We haven't got our visa yet, it was hello starry who got it. They did get it through quickly though - although four months is still a long time to wait so I'm sure they were equally frustrated at times.

You're nearly at 6 months - hope you will be chasing them as soon as we get to 27 th August :D

Good luck with it all :D[/quote]

Hi Dsin, thanks for your kind words and yes, it was a pretty long wait. Got many support from the nice people here so we're here to support now! Just be patient and it will come through.

Hi 2222, i read in some other forums that they have a lot of backlog. And it seems that they took in over 3000 applications only in March (while over 1000 in other months), so there will be possible delay. Hope to hear good news from you soon!

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:52 am

Hi guys,
Today I Spoke to ukba
After waitin for 35 min in the que.
Lady who answered the phone was nice n polite
I askd her 3 q's
First , update on my app as its been more than 6 months.
The only info she could give is - your app is still with ukba and yet to be decided. No other info could be given.
Second,Asked her bout change of corresp add, which she said i can fill the same form online as change of address and no need to send it by post.
Third, british citizen can request passport back at anytime without affecting the application.
So she advised to carry on waiting. So unfortunately my wait will carry on even after 6 months are over.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4 

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:58 am

called ukba today (only 20 minutes on hold! wow!) to request my passport back (as the sponsor of my partner). been over 5 months now...
I asked if this is the standard waiting time at present, all he could say was that the 'standards' for FLR(M) are '65% within 4 weeks of biometrics, and no upper limit for the remaining 35%'.
I think we all know that 4 week suggestion is nonsense :(

Let's hope that bobobo's theory regarding sponsor passport requests is valid, fingers crossed....

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:07 am

badger111 wrote:Have all of you registered for council tax as soon as you have arrived to UK or?
Yes, I assumed this was one of the things they would easily check with the local council. Anyone else?

highly skilled
Newly Registered

Post by highly skilled » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:15 am

Phoned UKBA about the request for return of sponsor's passport which I sent in mid-July requesting my passport back. They never sent it by the date I needed it and I had to miss my business trip. I now have another trip coming up at the end of august. They have received my request, but have not done anything about it yet. Their suggestion was to wait:)

Jmurphy
Newly Registered

Everyone fighting alone

Post by Jmurphy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:39 am

Hello Everyone,

Keep discussing your cases only...nothing will happen.. it's my time line, my problem, my husband missing foreign trip...etc etc..numerous calls to HO..standard response..come back on this forum share the sad story and carry on posting.. is anything changing ? answer is big no ?

Answer is join together and raise a common question like the way HSMP Judicial forum was formed.. and than only some action will be taken..otherwise keep on posting your sob stories ..LOL

badger111

Post by badger111 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:19 pm

kid13 wrote:
badger111 wrote:Have all of you registered for council tax as soon as you have arrived to UK or?
Yes, I assumed this was one of the things they would easily check with the local council. Anyone else?
Yes, well as I said we haven't registered me as we thought it wasn't necessary until they give me a permit to stay. But Council has phoned us 10 days ago to say that UKBA has contacted them, and we will of course pay. We weren't going to avoid anything, just thought it wasn't necessary.

Do you think that is good news? The fact that UKBA has contacted them. Are they close to sending me documents and BRP soon? I have been waiting for 22 weeks.

nholler
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by nholler » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:14 pm

In our case, my landlord covers all the bills in the flat i.e. council tax, gas, electric, water and this is specified in the tenancy agreement and confirmed in emails from landlord which we've included in our application so hopefully this won't be a problem.

The UKBA want proof that the applicant is living in the property so I've includeded bank statements for both individual and joint accounts, phone bills etc so should be okay - I hope.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 pm

badger111, I'd say that's a bloody good sign! Looks like they're actually doing something with your application, and it's not languishing at the bottom of a pile somewhere :)

badger111

Post by badger111 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:31 pm

kid13 wrote:badger111, I'd say that's a bloody good sign! Looks like they're actually doing something with your application, and it's not languishing at the bottom of a pile somewhere :)
You are right about that. I just hope that means they are actually going to finish dealing with it and send me everything very soon. They have phoned us on 30th of July btw.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:46 pm

badger111, why did they call you?

kuzey50
Newly Registered

Post by kuzey50 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

bobobo wrote:No after Biometrics you application is assigned to a caseworker, who will contact you if he needs further information, you dont need to do anything but just wait.
I have provided a fax number on one of the eaarlier posts. I was given this number by the person I called to expedite the process.

Just requesting preferential treatment will not get you anywhere unless you can provide compassionate reasons as to why they should process your application before the applicants who have been waiting since Feb and before.

I have a quick question regarding process / flow of documents. After you have enrolled your biometrics are the documents and the biometric card the only things that we are waiting for? To be precise, are there any more application forms (another application for the actual biometric card perhaps?) that we have to complete?

Also with regad to the number to fax documents to - what number have people used to fax their requests for return of sponsor's passport?

Thank you very much!

Hello again,

I am about to write a letter to request my application to be looked at supported by evidence that we both need to travel asap. Can anyone advise on how to write that letter? How should I start it, and how should I tell them that I need "preferential treatment" without being rude?

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

rwatanabe
Newly Registered

Post by rwatanabe » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:42 pm

little update on my application

Date applied/docs sent: 21/06/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 22/06/2012
Date payment taken: 28/06/2012
Date received ack. letter: 29/06/2012 Dated 27/06/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 09/08/2012 Dated 06/08/2012
Date biometrics appointment Birmingham Post Office: 11/08/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:
Biometric Card Received:
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: PSW
Last edited by rwatanabe on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kuzey50
Newly Registered

Post by kuzey50 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 pm

kuzey50 wrote:

Thank you very much!

Hello again,

I am about to write a letter to request my application to be looked at supported by evidence that we both need to travel asap. Can anyone advise on how to write that letter? How should I start it, and how should I tell them that I need "preferential treatment" without being rude?

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Also, I will be faxing the letter but I don't know what the fax number is. All our letters were sent from the Sheffield office. Thanks

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:25 am

22 weeks waiting time and still ne news!!!

My time line:

From - Tier 4 (Valid till 30th Sep 2012)
FLR M applied on 27th February
Payment out of the bank: 29th February
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on 16th March
Biometric completed in Glasgow office on 28th March
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting !!!

I am just wondering, may be the delay due to my current Tier 4 Visa still valid till 30th Sep 2012??? Any advise guys??
I am hoping to hear something soon, as I really need to go and see my family for Eid Ramadan!!!!!!!

waitwaitwait

Re: FLR M

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:22 am

2222 wrote:22 weeks waiting time and still ne news!!!

My time line:

From - Tier 4 (Valid till 30th Sep 2012)
FLR M applied on 27th February
Payment out of the bank: 29th February
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on 16th March
Biometric completed in Glasgow office on 28th March
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting !!!

I am just wondering, may be the delay due to my current Tier 4 Visa still valid till 30th Sep 2012??? Any advise guys??
I am hoping to hear something soon, as I really need to go and see my family for Eid Ramadan!!!!!!!
You and me are in similar situation.
I applied on 08/02/12 and I am switching from tier4 too. My Tier4 visa doesn't expire until mid October. I don't think expiry date of our tier4 visa has got anything to do with the decision. It just depends if it has been allocated to a caseworker or not as there are plenty of applications which might be in thousands but caseworkers are in few numbers so its taking a while for the applications to be decided.
Hope for the best.

badger111

Post by badger111 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 am

kid13 wrote:badger111, why did they call you?
To tell us that UKBA has phoned them to confirm my partner's address, and to tell them that I have been in the country since January. So I was hoping that means they are going to send me everything back soon...but you never know with UKBA...

highly skilled
Newly Registered

Post by highly skilled » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:52 am

kuzey50 wrote:
kuzey50 wrote:

Thank you very much!

Hello again,

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Also, I will be faxing the letter but I don't know what the fax number is. All our letters were sent from the Sheffield office. Thanks
The fax number to fax your urgent requests to is: 01142072536. I got it from a person I spoke to at UKBA. Just be polite in the letter and outline your situation clearly, politely, but strongly. Stated in bold that you are not looking to withdraw your application, but would appreciate urgent treatment if it is possible. Both post and fax the letter so that they definitely get it. And do follow up in about 10 days after sending by calling the number and choosing return of documents option.

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Just to update on our progress, biometrics letter received today.

We made our application on 26/06/12 and received our acknowledgement letter on 05/07/2012.

So our wait time for biometrics letter was:

6 weeks, 3 days from date of application.
5 weeks, 1 day from date acknowledgement letter received.

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi all,

Finally got my biometrics letter today, mailed the day after we called to request my husband's passport back - funny that!

I'm wondering about my surname though. Because we got married in May and had little time to get the application in before the 9 July law change date, I didn't have time to change my surname to my new married name on my passport.

So the passport they have of me has my maiden name, therefore they sent the biometrics letters in my maiden name.... but not Miss. They put "Mrs" with my maiden name.

I just called up and spoke to a chap who said that was fine, that they put the visa in whatever name is on your passport, and that when I travel I just have to book travel in my maiden name, until I change my passport - and then apply for a new bio card.

Has anyone else had this situation? He said it was nothing to worry about, that's just how they do it. Just wanted to check!

Payment taken: 22/06/12
App rec'd: 25/06/12
Ack. letter dated: 28/06/12
Biometrics letter dated: 7/8/12
Biometrics letter rec'd: 10/8/12
Date biometrics enrolled:
Date docs received:
Date BRP received:
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: PSW