ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted - 7 August, Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashokbrt

ILR granted - 7 August, Croydon

Post by Ashokbrt » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Success story in bullet points:

WP for a year and half+ Tier1 + Tier 2 for the rest.

Same employer through out.

Dependants are also in the UK for the last 4 yr 11 months period.

One dependant over 18 yr.

Two slots of appointments with 10 mins in difference

Two ticket numbers issued

Two numbers used for the payment

Merged into one while registering for biometrics

Biometrics in a single group

Didn't manage to meet the so called Case worker as the application form with supporting documents for both (myself and my 18 yr old son) submitted at customer service window (IT failure for a couple of hours mid-day)

Called back at 4pm and everything handed back with letters about BRP.

Photocopies of the following documents are kept: (a number of other documents were not used, I deduced this based on photocopies of other documents returned.)
- 5 years P60s for husband and wife, 10 in total
- last council tax bill (2012 annual bill) only
- My 3 months payslips
- Water bills for the last two years
- gas bills for the first three years
- supporting letter for my son
- employer's letters (job continuation, salary above required and authentication of the online printouts of payslips)
- 3 months bank statesments (joint account with wife)
- 3 months bank statesment for my 18over son
-His university enrollment letter with our address on it
-His payslips, a couple
-Driving licences, BRP andpassports
-Letter from the council about application for school travel for my son, from 2007
- Birth certificates, not the UK though, for all of us
- Travel summary sheet for personal leaves, less than 180 days
- Confirmation of my official trips and reasons for each single individual trip
- All the pages of all the passports
- Cover letters, for two different SET O forms

I had a bunch of other documents also submitted, both originals and photocopies, but apparently theyw were not used in the decision making.

I also had, as a back up, 5 years full documents in a separate bag which I didn't submit.

As they didn't even asked me what I've submitted and neither they called me on any issue, I assumed that the documents used (based on the list of photocpies missing in the returned set of documents) were more than enough for the decision.

Happy to answer and share more if that helps.

Once again, thank you guys, this forum is the best place where you can benefit each other by sharing each other's experience. For sure, I found it very helpful in preparing my case and being successful. Many thanks.

Cheers,
Ashok
-
Last edited by Ashokbrt on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

hpat

Re: ILR granted - 7 August, Croydon

Post by hpat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 am

[quote="Ashokbrt"]Two slots of appointments with 10 mins in difference

quote]

Congrates for your ILR.
Just wondering why you need to book 2 appointments.
Have you entered dependents in same application (SETO).
I need to book PEO appointment as well with one dependent in Cardiff but on online system it's available for one but with one dependent is not available. So if I can book 2 appointments, would I be able to merge it when at PEO?

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

hpat wrote:
Ashokbrt wrote:Two slots of appointments with 10 mins in difference

quote]

Congrates for your ILR.
I need to book PEO appointment as well with one dependent in Cardiff but on online system it's available for one but with one dependent is not available. So if I can book 2 appointments, would I be able to merge it when at PEO?

Thanks
Because the OP has one dependent over 18 yrs age who needs to apply on own SET(O) form, hence the second appointment/ticket.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Ashokbrt

Post by Ashokbrt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:08 am

hpat wrote:
Ashokbrt wrote:Two slots of appointments with 10 mins in difference

quote]

Congrates for your ILR.

Thanks
Thanks.

In my case one of my dependants is over 18 yrs of age. He needed to fill a separate form, they would treat him as a different fully mature case if you apply separately. However, if you book two appointments on the same day [or in the same envelop in the case of postal application], they would draw upon main applicant's evidence and things would be a lot easier for him.

Let me warn you about the UKBA telephone advice. Earlier I had booked appointments for the full family. Then, while surfing this forum, I found that I must have two different appointments because of my son being over 18. I called back the UKBA for advice on whether I need to re-book two appointments or my single apointment [for all of us] would suffice. The UKBA guy suggested that in theory I should have two appointments, but if having a yet another slot booked is difficult and my case is urgent I may try to explain my situation to the case worker. I thought long and hard and decided not to take the risk. Fortunately I could find two different appontments for the next time with time difference of 10 mins between them. Had I gone with their advice and went with only one appointment, I would have definitely landed with problems, and would have no other way than to apply by post, a disaster luckly avoided!!

So if you have dependant over 18, you must book a separate appointments for a safe game. You can always find exceptions where they might have allowed that to happen. I can say this because we saw two different personnel on that day. The first lady who registered our detail was not flexible, and less experienced. Whereas the other who called my son was quite clear and was ready to fight/explain our case internally. So, my siincere advice would be to book two appointments, unless the risk of delayed decision is not big for you and your family.

Cheers,
Ashok

Ashokbrt

BRP recieved

Post by Ashokbrt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Just to update on BRP:

PEO Croydon appointment on the 7th.

BRP recieved on the 9th by 10 am. Having first hand seen their IT mess and heard all those scary stories about thier processing timelines, I'm nicely surprised by their efficiency this time.

Good luck to you all and hope you'd also have things processed very quickly.

Cheers,
Ashok