ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discussion on child ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran22
Member of Standing

Discussion on child ILR

Post by imran22 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:07 am

Hello members,

I know that you can skip child born in UK from the ILR application and apply the citizenship directly using MN1. I have also seen many posts where members have done this.
The reason for my post is to ask two questions

• The worst case scenario if I do not apply for my child’s ILR what can go wrong?
• I do not have any travel plan but what happens if I do have to travel due to some unforeseen reason.

Does anyone had any bad experience who opted for not applying the ILR and regretted it?
I would be grateful for this help as I am quite confused what to do. I would like to save £700 by not applying ILR for my son but on the other hand I do have concerns above.

Thanks

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 am

Its up to you waht to decide..better to apply for citizenship as it cost £550 only.The ILR fees is more than this...

You can take your baby along with you but he/she wont be able to enter the UK unless he/she has vaild visa or british passport...

mr_danny

Re: Discussion on child ILR

Post by mr_danny » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:46 pm

imran22 wrote:Hello members,

I know that you can skip child born in UK from the ILR application and apply the citizenship directly using MN1. I have also seen many posts where members have done this.
The reason for my post is to ask two questions

• The worst case scenario if I do not apply for my child’s ILR what can go wrong?
• I do not have any travel plan but what happens if I do have to travel due to some unforeseen reason.

Does anyone had any bad experience who opted for not applying the ILR and regretted it?
I would be grateful for this help as I am quite confused what to do. I would like to save £700 by not applying ILR for my son but on the other hand I do have concerns above.

Thanks

MN1 section 1(3) is a childs right, ie once any parent get an ILR the child will be granted citizenship

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for your replies

I understand it’s a right and I also understand that if we have to go outside the country then my son will not be able to return. But in worst case scenario if we will have to go what procedure I have to follow to get him back. Can the certificate and passport be obtained from the home country?

I am sorry for asking weird questions but I just want to weight up the £700 saving against the possible inconvenience I could have to face if I don’t apply the ILR.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:18 pm

for few hundered pounds if you want to take lots of headache you can...

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:17 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:for few hundered pounds if you want to take lots of headache you can...
Are you suggesting that I should include the child in my ILR application?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 am

nope I am saying apply for your ILR and then apply for citizenship for your child..

twon2is7
Newly Registered

Post by twon2is7 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:30 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote: You can take your baby along with you but he/she wont be able to enter the UK unless he/she has vaild visa or british passport...
I am curious about this point. do they enforce this? what are the logitistics of parents returning to the UK with ILR (or even Tier 1) permits and a six month old baby? Do thhey let the parents in and refuse the baby? or deny entry for the whole family even tough the parents have leave to enter?

Has this situation been tested? any reported cases?

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks for your advice. One last question if in the unlikely event that we need to go to home country. Can I apply for MN1 by coming back leaving the child behind and once I receive the certificate then we apply for the passport in our home county.