ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed on tier1 general extension application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sriupr
Newly Registered

Advice needed on tier1 general extension application

Post by sriupr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:46 am

My visa will come up for extension during feb 2013 timeframe,i have enough salary to qualify for extension but i have following doubts
- Should i be working or in a job, when i apply for extension, coz my contract will end by the time i apply
- Another question is should i claim same points which i had claimed for my 1st tier1 application when am applying for extension

Thanks in advance for help

Regards

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 am

1) No you don't need to be working at the time of the application, so long as you qualify with the required points you will be fine.
2) The rules that apply to you for your Tier 1 extension PBS assessment will be the same as that, when you applied for your initial Tier 1 visa.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Advice needed on tier1 general extension application

Post by ScopeD » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:51 am

sriupr wrote:- Another question is should i claim same points which i had claimed for my 1st tier1 application when am applying for extension
Further to what cs95tdg said in answer to your second question, you need to score enough points to meet the minimum qualifying mark. For instance, if you are required to score 75 points (or 80 points) to qualify, you will need to generate enough points from your earnings to top the other categories in order to reach 75 (or 80) points. You may have scored more than the minimum required points in the initial application, but that does not mean you will be required to score the same number of points. As long as you reach the minimum qualifying mark, your application will be approved.

sriupr
Newly Registered

Post by sriupr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks for the replies cs95tdg and ScopeD
Appreciate your help

Cheers