ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Schengen visa for Tourism(NetherlandsEmbassyLondon)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Indian_bwoy
Newly Registered

Applying Schengen visa for Tourism(NetherlandsEmbassyLondon)

Post by Indian_bwoy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:27 pm

hi, I have a passport issued in 2000 from India and it's 20 year valid passport. I have an appointment with Netherlands Embassy London. I have UK Valid Visa until 2014, Employer Letter, Payslip and decent Bank Statements.

:evil: Today, I got to read below :-We can only endorse visa in passports which have been issued during the past 10 years (not extended). If your passport is older than 10 years please apply for a new passport

I have already brought my tickets, insurance and hotel :-( has anyone been in the same situation with them? please advise at your earliest. the apponitment is approaching :x .

x

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:33 am

When is your appointment? Are you the family member of an EU citizen with whom you will be travelling?

Indian_bwoy
Newly Registered

Please help on next steps!

Post by Indian_bwoy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:26 pm

it was today. They refused to accept the application when case worker was collecting my documents.

I am not the family member of an EU citizen with whom I will be travelling.

I plan to apply new passport next week. Do you know many days it will take?

http://hcilondon.in/passport.php
[Question]Can Indian nationals who had been issued Passports with 20 (twenty) years validity also apply for a new Passport?

[Answer]Yes. It is in the interest of the applicant to get a new 10 year Passport as the Government of India has dispensed with the issue of 20 years Passport in accordance with extant rules.

x