ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visiting different country using schenghan visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dec03ec

visiting different country using schenghan visa

Post by dec03ec » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 am

Hello,

I have a question on Schenghan Visa, I got a schenghan visit visa from Finland Embassy with two entries, can i use one entry to visit other countries like brussels, netherlands ??

Or I should always enter finland then go to other countries ?

Can i go to netherlands and come back to UK without touching finland ?

thanks for your suggestions.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:57 am

You don't need to enter the schengen area through Finland for both of your visits.

I presume you mentioned your intended travel plan when you applied for your visa, in which case you will be able to enter those schengen states independently with the two entries you have been granted.

dec03ec

Post by dec03ec » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:33 pm

cs95tdg wrote: I presume you mentioned your intended travel plan when you applied for your visa, in which case you will be able to enter those schengen states independently with the two entries you have been granted.
I have not mentioned about the other countries in my travel plan, Now i changed my travel plan and wanted to visit other countries without going to finland. when i contacted the embassies of other countries through email, i did not get straight forward answer, they say i may be questioned, may be allowed or sent back.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:09 am

Are you a family member of an EU citizen with whom you will be travelling?

If not, then it makes sense to visit the country which issued your Schengen visa. Finland!

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:03 am

The basic thing about Schengen is that all Schengencountries trust eachother with respect to bordersecurity and immigration control. Unless it explicitly says otherwise, a Schengenvisa is valid for all Schengencountries.

It is very common that you enter the Schengenarea via a country that is not your final destination, e.g. an intercontinental flight to a big hub like Paris or Frankfurt and a connecting regional flight (within the Schengenarea) from there to your destination. Or if you take a ferry from the UK to France and from there travel by car to Spain or Germany, etc.

Finland is a bit difficult; it has no land borders with other Schengen countries except in the far north, and you will most certainly face some tough questions why you chose Finland to issue your visa, but I think it is unlikely you will be refused entry, if you have a credible reason for changing your travel plans.