ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SUCCESS, PEO CROYDON (07/08/2012)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TKMDN
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS, PEO CROYDON (07/08/2012)

Post by TKMDN » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Friends,

I'm totally a new member in this forum. But to be honest i always read the post in this forum, which is really helpful for all of us. Even from the time of my Tier1 Extension i was using this forum.It was around 3 years ago. And now let me say for the last two three months i used to visit the forum every day....So now thought of sharing my experience.I was having the appointment at Croydon PEO on the 7th of Aug 2012.
My appointment was at 09.55 am. Me and my spouse went reached there by 08.45 am.The friendly security officer let us in by 09.00 and after the security checks we went near the counter, waited in the queue for around 25 mins, got the ticket number and then we went to the first floor to make the payment. After making the payment we waited for the Biometric records to be taken. It was very quick, ticket number was called, a British lady (very very friendly), checked the passports and application form and told us to wait for the Biometric records to be taken. It was all done within 15 mins. During this time my only concern was about the technical and IT issues and from morning onwards i was praying, there should not be any IT issues. After taking the Biometric records, we waited for a long time, we were just wondering and thought that our number has been called, anyway after a long wait what i feared happened, there was an announcement that "We are facing some IT problems, please cope with us until get sorted.Sorry for any inconvenience caused". I was so much worried....Then after 40 minutes they started calling the ticket numbers. And fortunately mine was also called within the first 10. It was around 01.30 pm. The beautiful Asian lady asked for the documents and she checked all the documents provided and told me that she got all the documents needed and told me to wait for an other 2 hours. Again went back to my seat. exactly after 40 minutes my number was called and the lady told me that "Your application for ILR has been approved, BRP will be sent within 7 days...." Oh....that was soooooooo...you know how we feel that time...And now waiting for BRP.I don't know how long should i wait for that....

Any way i am thanking all the senior members of this forum for the wonderful and helpful posts they've made and still making.

Thanks a lot......
Last edited by TKMDN on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Re: ILR SUCCESS, PEO CROYDON (07/08/2012)

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Congrats m8, Can you please tell us the EC clerance data , any switches , what form you used , no of dependands , Documents submitted , no of absences etc please

TKMDN
Newly Registered

Post by TKMDN » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:18 pm

First entered Uk in 2007, Septemper as an HSMP holder. Was working with the same employer since then. Got extended in 2009 Sep. Form SET(0) was used. One dependent.
Documents submitted:
Covering letter
SET(0) form
Life in UK Certificates
Employer letter.
12 months bank Statements
12 months payslips
5 years P60.
Cohabitation Documents

and photocopies of all documents except Application form.

I got less than 180 days and no 90 days in one go.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks
Last edited by TKMDN on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:07 pm

TKMDN: Are you sure you entered the UK in 2008 and not in 2007 as you don't complete 5 years if you came in 2008 ?

TKMDN
Newly Registered

Post by TKMDN » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Ohhhh sorry linkers.....It was a big mistake from my side..it was on sep 2007 ...I've corrected that...Thanks for pointing that....

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:46 pm

No problem TKMDN :)

TKMDN
Newly Registered

Post by TKMDN » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi friends, i got the BRP today....Thanks
Good luck to all of you.Wish you, all will have the possitive results

vinaybanda
Newly Registered

Biometric Application form

Post by vinaybanda » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi

Congrats for your visa.

Have you filled in Biometric Application form along with SET(O)?

Do they charge separate fees for Biometric?

thanks
Vinay

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 pm

vinaybanda: the section for biometrics is a part of set(o) form and the fee you pay for set(o), also covers biometrics (you don't have to pay a separate fee for biometrics).

TKMDN
Newly Registered

Post by TKMDN » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:31 am

Yes as linkers said, it is part of the set(0), no extra form or fees.
But, they will ask you to sign in a form, just as they want that sign to be included in the BMcard, thats it.