ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved - Limited Company Director, Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avijendr

ILR Approved - Limited Company Director, Croydon PEO

Post by avijendr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:31 pm

I applied for ILR yesterday at the PEO, Croydon. The whole process including biometrics(I was taken twice as the system had some problem) took less than 2 hours.

These were the list of documents I supplied:

1. Letter from accountant confirming that I am sole director which shows, gross/net profit, tax, dividends, salary with dates (She was interested in this)
2. Payslips (Signed By the Accountant).
3. Dividend vouchers (Signed By the Accountant).
4. Personal Bank statements (12 months) - Salaries/Dividend taken marked with a pink marker
5. Business Bank statements (12 months) - Salaries/Dividend taken marked with a pink marker, tax paid with a fluorescent marker
Make sure you stick corresponding dividend vouchers and salary slips together with the personal statements and business statements as she made me do it there as it would make her life easy.
5.a An index spread-sheet, which shows salary/dividend drawn, which date, for which month, which personal statement, which business statement (She liked this and took it)
6. Company annual tax return (Last Financial Year).
6. Company tax return (Last three months as my tax year was for April - March).
7. HMRC corporation tax letter (I took for the last 3 years since company incorporation, though they were interested for only the previous Year)
8. 5 years P60 + P45 (She was very particular of the P60 & P45 during my time as a WP holder as well)
9. Life in the UK test result (She asked for this)
10. Masters certificate + Degree certificate (She didn't check this)
11. Passport
12. Previous Tier1 Biometrics (I returned this back to her)
13. VAT registration documents and VAT returns (She was interested in the vat returns)
14. Invoices on company letter head, stamped with company seal (She was interested in this)
15. Company incorporation certificate (She was not interested)
16. Absence record in a spreadsheet with Date-out, date-in, how-many-days-out, reason and finally total of how many days out. (She didn't ask me this)
17. UKBA points calculator (She didn't check this)

I had applied for my tier1 extension 8 months back, so I think that was one of the reasons why things were quite fast and easy for me there(Also I think that's the reason why they didn't cehck the previous corporation tax etc) They were more interested to check my salary slips, Dividend vouchers, P60's P45, Corporation tax, vat returns to make sure I am paying tax correctly. Also all dividends/salary should be reflected correctly on the personal/business statements

If you are going for a premium service, don't waste time writing covering letters, and page seperations and individual covering letters. They will never look into it.

If you are going to Croydon, make sure you got 45 minutes earlier. It takes 15 minutes for you to park your car there as there is a NCP parking nearby and you need to walk back from there. Then you have to be there 30 minutes before your appointment as it takes time for security checks, document verification, Payment etc etc.

I didn't use any agents (As I did for my previous tier-1). It's very easy don't waste money for any agents if your case is straight forward.

Contact me in this forum for any questions in this regard.

Thanks
Aneesh
Last edited by avijendr on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR Approved - Limited Company Director, Croydon PEO

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:35 am

avijendr wrote:I applied for ILR yesterday at the PEO at Croydon. The whole process including biometrics(I was taken twice as the system had some problem) took less than 2 hours.

1. Letter from accountant confirming that I am sole director which shows, gross/net profit, tax, dividends, salary with dates (She was interested in this)
4. Personal Bank statements (12 months) - Salaries/Dividend taken marked with a pink marker
5. Business Bank statements (12 months) - Salaries/Dividend taken marked with a pink marker, tax paid with a fluorescent marker
Make sure you stick corresponding dividend vouchers and salary slips together with the personal statements and business statements as she made me do it there as it would make her life easy.
5.a An index spread-sheet, which shows salary/dividend drawn, which date, for which month, which personal statement, which business statement (She liked this and took it)
7. HMRC corporation tax letter (I took for the last 3 years since company incorporation, though they were interested for only the previous Year)
8. 5 years P60 + P45 (She was very particular of the P60 & P45 duing my time as a WP holder as well)
9. Life in the UK test result
10. Masters certificate + Degree certificate (They didn't check)
11. Passport
12. Previous Tier1 Biometrics
13. VAT registration documents and VAT returns (She was interested in the vat returns)
14. Invoices on company letter head , stamped and sealed (She was interested in this)
16. Absence record in a spreadsheet with Date-out, date-in, how-many-days-out, reason and finally total of how many days out. (She didn't ask me this)

I had applied for my tier1 extension 8 months back, so I think that was once of the reasons why things were quite fast and easy for me there(Also I think that's the reason why they didn't previous corporation tax etc) They were more interested to check my salary slips, Dividend vouchers, P60's P45, Corporation tax, vat returns to make sure I am paying tax correctly. Also all dividends/salary should be reflected correctly on the personal/business statements

If you are going for a premium service, don't waste time writing covering letters, and page seperations and individual covering letters. They will never look into it.

If you are going to Croydon, make sure you got 45 minutes earlier. It takes 15 minutes for you to park your car there as there is a NCP parking nearby and you need to walk back from there. Then you have to be there 30 minutes before your appointment as it takes time for security checks, document verification, Payment etc etc.

I didn't use any agents (As I did for my previous tier-1). It's very easy don't waste money to any agents if your case is straight forward.

Thanks
Aneesh
Congrats mate. sound you were well prepared. for the invoice
14. Invoices on company letter head , stamped and sealed.

what it mean by stamped and sealed ?

Can you describe your case like did you enter late or you had >90 day absence as you didnt Tier 1 Extension 8 months ago ?

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:43 am

Very well organised ..Congrats
8. 5 years P60 + P45 (She was very particular of the P60 & P45 duing my time as a WP holder as well)
Clarification please on Point 2 - Payslips I get it on a blue colored small slip (printed) from accountant , is it still needed to be signed by accountant ?
Point 3 - Dividend vouchers are normally printed in our Company letter head rite ? Is it to be signed by our accountants ? rather than us ?
Point 8 - I do not have P60 - for 1st year , I included Company letter ( was on WP) , while switching to Tier 1 G . Hope same is sufficient for ILR ?
P45 - I do not get P45 and my WP employer is not interested in giving me that . Not sure is this a serious issue ?

Please air your views on above , and senior members please help.

avijendr

Post by avijendr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 pm

ryan2020 wrote: Congrats mate. sound you were well prepared. for the invoice
14. Invoices on company letter head , stamped and sealed.

Can you describe your case like did you enter late or you had >90 day absence as you didnt Tier 1 Extension 8 months ago ?
Thanks Ryan. Regarding your questions:
Sorry for misleading, I had all my invoices stamped with my company seal. I don't think this is necessary I just did it.
I got my WP valid from 3/Jul/2007. I entered the country on 23rd August 2007. I switched to Tier-1 on 20 April 2009 (Where there was still work permit for approximately 3 more months), because of this when that tier-1 expires I'll have still 3 months more before I can apply for ILR. So I extended my Tier-1 (on December 2011) before the previous Tier-1 expired.

Again clarifying your point, I was never out of the country for more than 90 days at any point of time.

Hope I answered your questions. Please feel to ask if any thing is unclear.

Regards
Aneesh

avijendr

TO Raju

Post by avijendr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Dear Raju,

Please find my answers for your questions:
Clarification please on Point 2 - Payslips I get it on a blue colored small slip (printed) from accountant , is it still needed to be signed by accountant ?
Colour doesn't matter. I don't think it's necessary for the payslips and vouchers to signed by accountant as long as you have the letter from the accountant and they match. I was too cautious :).
Point 3 - Dividend vouchers are normally printed in our Company letter head rite ? Is it to be signed by our accountants ? rather than us ?

Again it doesn't matter. I had seen a lot of fellow members in this forum who printed the salary-slips/Dividend vouchers in their company letter head.
Point 8 - I do not have P60 - for 1st year , I included Company letter ( was on WP) , while switching to Tier 1 G . Hope same is sufficient for ILR ?
She was very particular about this. You need to have P60/P45 definitely while you were in WP and for the claim period. If you don't have this I'd suggest you to get the employment history from HMRC (Your accountant should help you)
P45 - I do not get P45 and my WP employer is not interested in giving me that . Not sure is this a serious issue ?
Are you still with that employer? If so you don't need it. It's given oly when you leave an employment. Again as I mentioned if you get your employment history that's all you need. You don't need any thing else.

Please refer to this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58599

Hope I have answered all your queries. If not please feel free to ask any questions here.

Note- My accountant is an awesome guy. He helped me with all account related stuff needed for my tier-1 as well as for my ILR. If anybody needs an accountant please contact me and I'll give them his details. He'll reduce his fee if you give my reference.

Regards
Aneesh

avijendr

Got Biometrics Today

Post by avijendr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Just an update guys. I just received my biometrics. It's less than 48 hours!! So fast. Awesome service!!!!
Last edited by avijendr on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Re: Got Biometrics Today

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:34 am

avijendr wrote:Just an update guys. I just received my biometrics. I't less than 48 hours. So fast. Awesome service!!!!
Congrats mate and thank you very much for answering all my queries.If possible please upload the Accountant letter with some details ,So that we all can get benefitted .
kind regards
Raj

avijendr

Post by avijendr » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:
avijendr wrote:Just an update guys. I just received my biometrics. I't less than 48 hours. So fast. Awesome service!!!!
Congrats mate and thank you very much for answering all my queries.If possible please upload the Accountant letter with some details ,So that we all can get benefitted .
kind regards
Raj
Please see this which I posted when I did my tier-1. This is the same letter I had given.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 pm

avijendr wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:
kind regards
Raj
Please see this which I posted when I did my tier-1. This is the same letter I had given.
Sorry,did u miss a link or something ? or did I miss the letter in this thread ? please clarify

avijendr

Post by avijendr » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:23 pm

Sorry missed the link earlier:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 421#567421

regards
Aneesh

eskayravi
Newly Registered

Dividends shares

Post by eskayravi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:13 am

Hello,

Can anyone help me with my below query.

Myself and my wife are holding 50% shares each. But I transfer amounts from Bus/Company account into my personal a/c which is not a Joint account with my wife. So do I know to show her share how she receives or if I say pls consider 50% of total amount transferred into my Personal a/c then it's ok. She got her personal a/c but never transferred dividends as shares formally? Again if this is mentioned by Accountant then will this be accepted? Or do I need to something else?? Please help me as I am planning to apply sometime next week sooner. Many Thanks.

mrzeal
Newly Registered

ILR - questions reg. Ltd company documentation

Post by mrzeal » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks a bunch Aneesh for all the details. I am also Director for Ltd company and attending Croydon PEO in September 2nd week.
I have a few more questions mainly focused around the limited company related documentation.

1) Whom should we address the accountant letter To:
found your template! - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 421#567421
but I still want to ask below questions to be sure

2) I get self-bill/invoices generated by the agent (the recruitment company between me and the client I work for) with my company name/address listed as: Supplier
It's the formal weekly invoice I get with the agent's letter head

Do I still need to show something with my company letter head?

3) Company annual tax return: The first financial year end for my company was April-2012 and I am getting the formal bound copy from the accountant for that. (as this is my first time am assuming this is the same one which we are going to submit to HMRC before Dec-2012?)

4) Company tax return (Last three months as my tax year was for April - March).
Same situation for me; could you elaborate what exactly we should ask accountant here? is it like a partial tax calculation? will this not be covered in the main accountant letter with all the 12 months details?

5) HMRC corporation tax letter -- may be I am getting mixed up here, please bear with me.
Is this another letter accountant should generate? how is this different from the company tax return?

6) VAT registration documents and VAT returns
I have done all VAT payments online... so if I take the pdf download from HMRC site and print them is it ok?

7) Payslips & Dividend vouchers (Signed By the Accountant).
Dividend advise is on accountant's letter head every month - the format includes details of how much PAYE tax I need to pay to HMRC etc.

I get formal Payslips similar to any major company payslip - the greenish colour bakckground with all relevant columns in the shape/size of a M&S voucher.
There is no place for stamp/signature

Do I still need to get the payslips/vouchers stamped/signed by accountant?
Again I am thinking these documents are double confirmed with the accountant letter?

PS: I keep hearing 'employment letter' as part of checklist and I was always wondering how do we create relevant letter for Limited company.

Nice to know that its not relevant in our case from your checklist.

Many Thanks again for patiently answering everyone's questions here. This is invaluable.

avijendr

Re: Dividends shares

Post by avijendr » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:17 pm

eskayravi wrote:Hello,

Can anyone help me with my below query.

Myself and my wife are holding 50% shares each. But I transfer amounts from Bus/Company account into my personal a/c which is not a Joint account with my wife. So do I know to show her share how she receives or if I say pls consider 50% of total amount transferred into my Personal a/c then it's ok. She got her personal a/c but never transferred dividends as shares formally? Again if this is mentioned by Accountant then will this be accepted? Or do I need to something else?? Please help me as I am planning to apply sometime next week sooner. Many Thanks.

Sorry I don't know about this. Please start a new thread rather than hijacking as this is a totally different issue.

mrzeal
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - questions reg. Ltd company documentation

Post by mrzeal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Most of my questions are more or less answered after reviewing Aneesh's earlier answers and documents.

Also, I found this doc which gives guidance on different situations very helpful
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

For the Set-O form itself, it seems they do change the version regularly; so always download it fresh from the ukba site after clearing browser cache! am still debating in my mind whether I should print double-sided or not... for now leaning towards single-sided as it could be easy for the HO officer to review.

Congrats again Aneesh on the happy ending including biometric card.
Many Thanks again for all the information share here.

Will post my updates here or open a new thread depending on the type of info.

mrzeal
Newly Registered

Good news!

Post by mrzeal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:42 am

Hi Aneesh, All,
Just a quick update to note that I got the OK for my PR... just waiting for the cards...

I will provide the details in another thread shortly.

Thanks again for the admin folks and the wonderful support and information provided by Aneesh and other fellow members.

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Aneesh,

I am applying for ILR next month and started preparing my application.

I was working with a company but started working on contract using my limited company from Jun, 2011 to June, 2012.

Now I am again back to perm employee. I am going to use Oct, 2011 to Sep, 2012 for my earnings.

My accountancy firm is giving me these letters below

1) Reference letter with breakdown of earnings
2) Certificate of Incorporation
3) Payroll Breakdown spreadsheet
4) Dividend Breakdown spreadsheet
5) Stamped paid Payslips
6) Stamped paid Remittances
7) Stamped Dividend Vouchers for each dividend paid
8. Stamped paid Invoices

but I am not sure on Company tax returns as you had listed in points numbers 6, 7,8 .

Can you please confirm if they are mandatory to get? And what else will I need?

8. 5 years P60 + P45 (She was very particular of the P60 & P45 during my time as a WP holder as well)

Many thanks if someone can reply urgently please! For July, Aug.Sep 2012 I will get perm employee letters and sal slips

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Can someone please reply to my above queries?

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:09 pm

anyone please , reply!!

Gyaak
Newly Registered

Re: TO Raju

Post by Gyaak » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:56 am

avijendr wrote:Dear Raju,

Please find my answers for your questions:
Colour doesn't matter. I don't think it's necessary for the payslips and vouchers to signed by accountant as long as you have the letter from the accountant and they match. I was too cautious :).

Again it doesn't matter. I had seen a lot of fellow members in this forum who printed the salary-slips/Dividend vouchers in their company letter head.
She was very particular about this. You need to have P60/P45 definitely while you were in WP and for the claim period. If you don't have this I'd suggest you to get the employment history from HMRC (Your accountant should help you)
Are you still with that employer? If so you don't need it. It's given oly when you leave an employment. Again as I mentioned if you get your employment history that's all you need. You don't need any thing else.

Please refer to this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58599

Hope I have answered all your queries. If not please feel free to ask any questions here.

Note- My accountant is an awesome guy. He helped me with all account related stuff needed for my tier-1 as well as for my ILR. If anybody needs an accountant please contact me and I'll give them his details. He'll reduce his fee if you give my reference.

Regards
Aneesh

Hi Raju,

I urgently need an accountant. Could you please link me up? So sad to say that I went for a PEO apptmt yesterday as self employed (subcontractor), but the case worker want an accountant's letter & a letter from my contractor who provides me with summary statements, showing that they pay tax on my behalf (contractor is refusing to assist). I called inland revenue and they have confirmed the contractor regularly pay my tax

Very confused!!!

I was made to take my Biometrics. All my documents are with them and the case worker says she need those to letters

nilparikh
Newly Registered

Post by nilparikh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:43 pm

THanks for informative post, I have question for previous ILR applicants or anyone who know certain answer,

I filed all VAT, HMRC and Company house return electronically, so that means, all electronic print out would be enough.

Thanks,
Nilay.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:49 pm

nilparikh wrote:THanks for informative post, I have question for previous ILR applicants or anyone who know certain answer,

I filed all VAT, HMRC and Company house return electronically, so that means, all electronic print out would be enough.

Thanks,
Nilay.
I think we don't need these as these are not the proof of income but keep these for references, when I got tier 1 extension I gave

1) personal bank statement,
2) accountant letter
3) dividend voucher
4) payslips
and it was approved without a glitch and we need again all these for ILR as well.
so all these are enough, but kept other things for refereces

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 pm

avijendr wrote:I applied for ILR yesterday at the PEO, Croydon. The whole process including biometrics(I was taken twice as the system had some problem) took less than 2 hours.

9. Life in the UK test result (She asked for this)
10. Masters certificate + Degree certificate (She didn't check this)
11. Passport
12. Previous Tier1 Biometrics (I returned this back to her)
14. Invoices on company letter head, stamped with company seal (She was interested in this)

I had applied for my tier1 extension 8 months back, so I think that was one of the reasons why things were quite fast and easy for me there(Also I think that's the reason why they didn't cehck the previous corporation tax etc) They were more interested to check my salary slips, Dividend vouchers, P60's P45, Corporation tax, vat returns to make sure I am paying tax correctly. Also all dividends/salary should be reflected correctly on the personal/business statements

I didn't use any agents (As I did for my previous tier-1). It's very easy don't waste money for any agents if your case is straight forward.

Thanks
Aneesh
I think we don't need these as these are not the proof of income but we should keep these for references, when I got tier 1 extension I gave

1) personal bank statement,
2) accountant letter
3) dividend voucher
4) payslips
and it was approved without a glitch and I think I need all these again for ILR as well.

I had other documents as well but they were kept in the bag