ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many cohabitation documents and how far apart?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran22
Member of Standing

How many cohabitation documents and how far apart?

Post by imran22 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Hello members,

Is there any recommendation on how many documents should be required to prove cohabitation? I remember seeing a reference in the past about having documents from six different sources but the new form only says the following

“please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.”

Also does the term “should cover the whole period” means a document at least for every month?

Thanks

xolile
Newly Registered

Post by xolile » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi,
Is this for set m? I would advise based on my experience from Glasgow PEO earlier this week. You should go with as many documents as possible. I did not have documents in joint names but I had about 18 documents spanning the last two years addressed to us individually. I handed everything to the CW and he merely took the ones that suited him. My documents were mainly 2-3 months apart.

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:32 pm

What types of documents will prove cohabitation?

I've recently changed our electricity account to be joint.

I suppoe they will want more than this?

Ged

Post by Ged » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:07 pm

I remember seeing a list that includes these;
Council tax correspondence, NHS correspondence, all sorts of utility bills, mortgage correspondence, building society correspondence, credit card statements, bank statements, home office correspondence, DVLA, TV licence correspondence will do.

Some people asked for letters from their local GPs, and paid for it. Some people claim they included all sorts of junk mail. My understanding is that you should include as many items as possible from the first list of proofs, and if you feel it is insufficient do your best with alternative paperwork. In addition to that, if the letter was not written to you both at the same time, they can be separate letters written to you in the same address in different times.

The official line on SET(m):
"6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together during the past 2 years." Your situation should be similar to this.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention my query was regarding SET(O)