ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Data protection subject access form DAT1" Request

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tipper27
Newly Registered

"Data protection subject access form DAT1" Request

Post by tipper27 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:56 pm

After making my application in the last week of April 2012 (SET M) and having my Biometric info taken on the 3rd of July, I thought that all that was left to do was to to wait patiently for the decision, was I wrong?

Today I recieved a letter..

I am writing about your application for settelment in the UK.

One if the requirements for settlemant is that an applicant is expected to be of good character. To this end I would ask you to complete the data protection subject access form (DAT1) which is available from the following address... The address is police headquarters in Northern Ireland (Where I reside)

Has anyone else had a request for this? What is the reason? Should I be worried? I don't have a criminal record.

Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:28 pm

I went through the process for my visa extention .I lived in NI. Just sent the filled up form to PSNI with 2 identity and a cover letter mentioning the HO reference number.

tipper27
Newly Registered

Post by tipper27 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Somudro wrote:I went through the process for my visa extention .I lived in NI. Just sent the filled up form to PSNI with 2 identity and a cover letter mentioning the HO reference number.
Many thanks for the reply..

"2 identity" ? I'm not sure what you mean by this?

I saw reference number mentioned in the letter - But I can only see "case number" is this what they mean?

tipper27
Newly Registered

Post by tipper27 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok.. I just recieved the form from the police today...

It is asking for 2 forms of id which show you address!

Don't these people realise that I have send my passport etc to Immigration plus since I have moved here I have also changed address?

Have anyone else had a similer problem?

tipper27
Newly Registered

Post by tipper27 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:30 pm

I need some help with this please!

Can anyone else who has returned a DAT1 form please tell me what ID proof that they sent?

I have just had my my application returned because the "current address id was insufficient"

I sent them a copy of my "korean passport id page" which luckily I had made multiple copies of. " a copy of my marriage cert which had my current address on it (although 3 years old) ) and " the UK Border letter " ???????

I dont have any other form of proof except some phone bills and bank stuff and a letter from the tax office, everything else I sent to the ILR application.

Would a phone/bank letter be ok? Any suggestions?

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:21 pm

What I attached for my case (DAT1) are:

1. Photocopy of the passport
2. Photocopy of the GP (NHS) card

Additionally:
1. Photocopy of the home office letter where my address is available.

tipper27
Newly Registered

Post by tipper27 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Somudro wrote:What I attached for my case (DAT1) are:

1. Photocopy of the passport
2. Photocopy of the GP (NHS) card

Additionally:
1. Photocopy of the home office letter where my address is available.
Many thanks for the reply :) In the end I sent a phone bill and a tax letter after a phone call to the police section involved.. I was assured that this would be ok, fingers crossed