ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed from who had latest ILR approval

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shieldguy

Advice needed from who had latest ILR approval

Post by shieldguy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 am

I had appointment on 13 Aug, I fill in the SET(O)form and had all documenst defined in it, now someone on this forum tell me I need to have last 5 years P60, in which I missing the current one as employer havent sent it to me and one more, so I had just 3 p60, now whats should I do,

I have 5 years pay slips but just couple of them are missing and same with bankstatements,

Those who recently get ILR approval please advice me what should I do now

Thanks

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:16 am

Well P60s are not a must every case is different from another.

In my case they didn’t ask for anything other than Life in the UK test results, 12 months bank statements and payslips. I had my 5 yers P 60s ready in case .
So if you don’t have those so don’t worry. Be confident and ready with what you have got.

Well other might can chip in if they have different stories .

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 am

As you will see if you search this forum and look at the FAQ, P60's are not a must. It just depends on the case worker who handles your case on the day; some ask for them and others don't. You might want to take a look at the suggestion given under the following thread on requesting HMRC to fax your employment history to you. If this isn't possible, just take what you have with you, I don't see it being a huge problem.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=110129

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Advice needed from who had latest ILR approval

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:28 am

shieldguy wrote:I had appointment on 13 Aug, I fill in the SET(O)form and had all documenst defined in it, now someone on this forum tell me I need to have last 5 years P60, in which I missing the current one as employer havent sent it to me and one more, so I had just 3 p60, now whats should I do,

I have 5 years pay slips but just couple of them are missing and same with bankstatements,

Those who recently get ILR approval please advice me what should I do now

Thanks
In your case,
PEO date is Aug 13, Monday, with no time to do anything different P60/HMRC_wise.

But one thing you can do is have total faith in yourself, and be confident.

You have rest of the zigsaw pieces. I would suggest, and you may have already done that, is to organize your bank statements, payslips and any P60 in chronoLOGICAL order. This will give the information, to a very big extent, that you would need to give.

One invaluable advice I got from my boss is (who also got his ILR early this year), is not so much what paperworks you have, assuming you have the required ones, but importantly, how you PACKAGE it. A lot of it is presentation also. This is a psychological strategy, to have a favorable feel on your case by the CW on the outset. Impress the CW with what you have, without ever getting into what you don't. Remember, if they don't ask for it, you don't be the first one to mention it.

Also found this after my initial response to you
shieldguy wrote:Hello guys I had listened to advice given to me here and called HMRC they say they will try to fax me my employment hostory by fax

I hope if caseworker ask for the p60 then this fax can help me put his mind to rest, what I am also doing is that I have all my last 5 years bank statements I will show in the bank statement that I had received the salaries for last 5 years

Good luck with your appointment. Keep us posted on the outcome.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks for the advice I am feeling much better and confident as I can have a HMRC employment history fax as P60 alternative to show to them if they ask about it.

mghe

Post by mghe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi sheildguy,

I had the payslips and the p60s, the case worker took only the payslips and didnt even bother about the p60s.

Good luck!!!
Be calm on the appointment.