ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to calculate COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monu1234
Newly Registered

How to calculate COS

Post by monu1234 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello,

As per current Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer, if one needs to apply for long term visa i.e. 3yr and further extendable 2 years(60 mnths in total) the minimum salary should be 40000 pound per annum. As many indian cmpnies pay indian salary + allowances to their employee so how the cmpny reach feagure of 40000 pound,is this figure inclusive of taxes paid by employer to Uk govt.

lets say one's indian salary is 10Lakh INR anually (equivalent to 11764 pound at conversion rate of 1GBP = 85 INR) and employer pays 22800 pound anually to individual as allowance in UK so total indivudal gets is 11764 + 22800 i.e. 34564. Now i want to know do i have to add taxes also that employer pays in above figure when calculating COS amount or is it that employee should get 40000 in hand salary?

Thanks,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm

the gross salary must be minimum £40k.

From the guidance:

70. It may be paid in the UK or abroad. If you will be paid abroad in a currency other than pounds sterling, the salary amount entered on your Certificate of Sponsorship will be based on the exchange rate published on www.oanda.com on the day the Certificate of Sponsorship is assigned.

monu1234
Newly Registered

Post by monu1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks for your reply...as per my understanding Gross salary equals to salary in hand + taxes paid to government, if that is correct then one need to add taxes paid in UK for calculating total gross salary and if it is greater then equal to 40000 then long term visa. Am i correct?

Also do you have any idea as how much will be gross if someone is getting 22800 in hand?

Thanks,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:33 am

monu1234 wrote:Thanks for your reply...as per my understanding Gross salary equals to salary in hand + taxes paid to government, if that is correct then one need to add taxes paid in UK for calculating total gross salary and if it is greater then equal to 40000 then long term visa. Am i correct?

Also do you have any idea as how much will be gross if someone is getting 22800 in hand?
see paragraphs 362 and 363 of the sponsor guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

monu1234
Newly Registered

Post by monu1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks for your help again but sadly document do not tell how 40000 pound be calculated i.e. does it include taxes that employer pays to Uk govt?

Thanks,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:12 pm

monu1234 wrote:Thanks for your help again but sadly document do not tell how 40000 pound be calculated i.e. does it include taxes that employer pays to Uk govt?Thanks,
Taxes that either you or your employer pays have absolutely nothing to do with your gross salary. See also paragraphs 222 and 223 in the guidance (link in previous post)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 pm

if u getting around 22400 per anum here in hand, then the gross will be around 28.5 if it helps..
although i dont think they will give u a figure of what u will get after taxes.. the salaries are always mentioned as gross.. if ur company is saying u will get 22500 in uk, it means before tax.. or it should be that way..

abhinavpuk
Newly Registered

Re: How to calculate COS

Post by abhinavpuk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:20 am

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have a very specific query on how the CoS amount is calculated for a Tier 2 ICT Visa.

Following are my details:
CoS Required : 1 Year
Role : Business Analyst
UK Allowance : 1950 * 12 = 23400
Indian Salary : 769,663
Exchange Rate as of 05-Sep-2014 on oanda.com : 99.0538
Indian Salary (Converted to GBP) : 7770
Total UK Component : 31170 GBP
My organisation's Visa Processing Unit is saying that I am not meeting the salary requirements meant for a Business Analyst.

I have already been to UK from 2012-2013 on a 1 year CoS and have already completed the cool off period in July 2014.

Can anyone please advise if there are any specific salary requirements for the role of a Business Analyst and what is the gap amount that is stopping it and whether it can be met if the GBP rate goes down a bit.

Thanks in advance,
Abhinav P.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:48 am

if the SOC code for the job is 2135 (ask the company) the min. appropriate salary is £31,200, see the codes of practice:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_V0_6.pdf
This would be sufficient for T2 ICT Short Term Staff (max stay 1 year) but not for T2 ICT Long Term Staff for which the requirement is min. £41,000

abhinavpuk
Newly Registered

Post by abhinavpuk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 am

Hi Manci,

Thanks for the quick response. Based on the document that you shared, I confirmed that the minimum amount required for the role of a Business Analyst in 32,000 GBP. However, based on this, I have the following queries:

1) Is the process and logic mentioned in my previous post the correct way to calculate the UK Salary Allowance or some other logic is being used to calculate the UK Salary. If it's correct then my current UK Salary comes out to be 31,170 GBP having a shortfall of just 30 GBP and per my understanding this shortfall can be met if the Pound goes down by another 30-40P.

2) Are the taxes and the medical insurance amounts added on top of the figure of 31,170 GBP or they can be added to makeup for the shortfall.

Thanks in advance,
Abhinav P.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:12 am

You need to verify the SOC code the company wants to use for the job. Job title less important than job description which should be a close match to what is in the codes of practice

read paras 44-51 in the guidance to see what allowances can be added to the salary:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

abhinavpuk
Newly Registered

Post by abhinavpuk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi All,

I have a query which I am facing while filling the online Visa application form. I know this is not the correct thread, but I couldn't find another forum where I could raise this query.

The issues is as described below:
I had been to UK on a Tier 2 ICT Visa from Aug 2012 to Jun 2013, and now after completing my cool off period I am reapplying for a Tier 2 ICT Visa. While applying, the application asks if I had undergone any treatment with the NHS. Me and my spouse had registered ourselves with the NHS. Following are the details:
1) Abhinav : I had registered myself with an NHS center but did not take any treatment.
Question 1: What should I mentioned in the answer (Yes on No) for the medical treatment taken from NHS.
Question 2: If we select yes, it asks for the treatment start and end dates. What should be provided for the start and end dates.
Question 3: What if I moved from one NHS center to the other NHS center at two different locations.

2) My Spouse : My spouse was being treated for a skin problem and Diabetes.
Question 1: If we select yes, it asks for the treatment start and end dates. What should be provided for the start and end dates and for which disease. We don't have the exact dates on when the treatment started. So which disease should be mentioned and what should we mention as the start and end dates.
Question 2: What if I moved from one NHS center to the other NHS center at two different locations.

We both have our NHS Registration Numbers with us.

Request you all to please post a reply on priority.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhinav P.