ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FINALLY!!! The London Times has picked up our cause!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LondonBlonde

FINALLY!!! The London Times has picked up our cause!

Post by LondonBlonde » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:12 am

This is a really good sign for us all. The London Times has published a story on our worthy cause and appears to have done a fantastic job covering the main problems with retrospective changes to HSMP.

THE ARTICLE - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 28474.html

I suggest we write to the editor (Anthony Browne) to thank him for his continued effort.

comment@thetimes.co.uk (attn: Anthony Browne)

Also, Damien Green (shadow immigration minister) for the following quote:

“Thousands of people who came in good faith with the skills we need are being sent back again. As a country, we have broken faith with people we want. The Government has acted stupidly, going against the economic interests of the country and natural justice.”

Damien Green's email: greend@parliament.uk

And finally Andrew Dismore, Labour MP for Hendon, for the following quote:

“There is a strong objection to retrospective application of the rules — the decision that the new rules will apply to people who have already come to the UK expecting to be able to settle here permanently after four years. That is utterly unfair.”

Andy Dismore's email: andrewdismoremp@parliament.uk

LondonBlonde

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:10 pm

hope this continues...

Spear

Post by Spear » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 pm

This is the best news I've heard since the start of December. The stories described in the article are really sad. The Times did a good job. I hope those who caused all this hardship to migrants and embarassment to the UK Government will not be so stubborn so as not to admit their error and reverse the unfair retrospective policy.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:42 pm

Spear,

You are wrong,

The attitude of British, British policy makers is always of a sort of "You must understand that we are always correct and what ever we do, our actions, beliefs are always correct."

I am always unable to understand their "You must understand" attitude.

Another article which I read on timesonline today was related to poor NHS services describing the bad health of NHS, but still the attitude is "You must understand".

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:52 pm

Yea i strongly agree with Sjgul
I did heard that Britishers are ecentric people but now i have practically learnt the lesson that they are not only ecentric but unreliable.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:08 pm

Yes, generally brits are not too concerned about foreigners. It's a mystery to most of them how you can come here and work without being an asylem seeker or an EU passport holder.

That said, this article is the first sign I have seen that the public might take an interest in our situation. And that has to be good, yes?

LondonBlonde

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:01 pm

Yea but unfortunately things are portrayed differently. I would advice you to read a recent publication / report of Immigration watch. They claim immigrants are contributing only 4 pence a week to UK economy. They didn't categorize the different segments of Immigrants but obviously even the general public would think of HSMPs as useless.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:37 pm

I saw the same report about low economic contribution on the nightly news. The story was covered around the whole Polish population explosion, so didn't appear directed at skilled immigrants.

Whenever the public hears 'skilled immigrants', they think doctors and nurses, (not techs, engineers or entrepreneurs). This article is the first reference I have seen portraying skilled immigrants correctly. Too bad it's around this negative news of many getting ejected from the country due to retrospective changes to the rules.

LondonBlonde