ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Croydon 08-AUg (HSMP + Tier1) 200+ day absense

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happy_IRL
Newly Registered

ILR success @ Croydon 08-AUg (HSMP + Tier1) 200+ day absense

Post by happy_IRL » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Guys,

I would like to thank you all for your advices on this website and God bless whoever created internet. This is much better than hiring a lawyer. I would specially like to thank xyz123 and sushdmehta for the FAQs for IRL threads. This was sooooo useful that I decided to give back by sharing my experience.

Here is my story:

Got my initial HSMP stamp on the 05/09/2007
Got extended under Tier 1 until 05/09/2012
Applied for ILR exactly 28 days before which is today
Got my appointment 42 days ago
Absences: 185 holidays+ 16 work trips + 6 unpaid holidays while switching employment

I submitted
All passports (2),
2 Photographs,
Completed SET(O) form,
3 employer letters ( for work absences from UK, personal annual leave confirmation, salary confirmation )
P60(5 years),
Copies of Salary slips(12 months) on company header and signed by HR as my company recently move to an online system,
Bank statements only for last 12 months,
Life in UK letter
HSMP and Tier 1 approval letters

My appointment was at 8.10! Got there at 7.20 and they opened the door at 7.25. I was allowed in and by 7.35 I had passed the security checks. They sent me to window 12 where my application form , passports (I had 2) and appointment reference number was requested. The lady asked me if I had an absence of more than 90days in one go and I said no. She then registered me and gave me a number(002). I then went to the 1st floor to pay. Payment made by credit card and it all went fine. All was done by 7.48. I was then sent to wait on the red seats on the opposite to be called for biometrics. They started working at 8AM. My number was called at 8.04 and I went to counter 8. She looked at my application form, registered me and send me to enrol my biometrics. By 8.24 all the biometrics were done and I proceeded to the 2nd floor.
On that floor they started calling people at 8.55 and my number was called at 9.05! It was a lovely old Asian man. He went through my docs and by 9.40 asked me if I had given everything. I had a nice spreadsheet with all the absences and he said he would go through the docs. He proposed for me to go out and come back but I said I would wait. I sat right in front of him and he started his work. As he left his window open I saw him going away a number of time, discuss my case with other colleagues and also a senior CW. At 11.30 he called me and showed me a paper with my name, DOB, address and asked to confirm if they were correct. He then said he’s granted me the IRL… Can’t explain how relieved I felt after months of sleepless nights and hours on internet!

Once again big thanks to all the contributors and any questions please let me know. Btw I might not be always online but I will try to answer as soon as I can...Good luck to all of you

leo_sangha

Re: ILR success @ Croydon 08-AUg (HSMP + Tier1) 200+ day abs

Post by leo_sangha » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 pm

congratulations Happy !!!

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:20 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Please do kindly keep us updated on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR success @ Croydon 08-AUg (HSMP + Tier1) 200+ day abs

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 am

hI happy,

congrats on ILR. every one is waiting for that relief felling after months of sleepless nights and hours on internet!

don't know how much we have to wait.

vinaybanda
Newly Registered

Biometric fees

Post by vinaybanda » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 am

Hi

Congrats for your ILR.

Could you please let me know if you have filled Biometric application form and a fees for the same along with the fees for Set(O) has been paid.

If you dont mind could you please let me know how much was the total fees paid along with 1 dependent.

thanks
Vinay

happy_IRL
Newly Registered

Post by happy_IRL » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Thanks a lot guys. my BRP card arrived today i.e 2 days after I applied which is pretty good.

@vinaybanda: I paid a single fee (no dependants) of £1377 and it did include everything

Good luck to all of you in the future

TKMDN
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric fees

Post by TKMDN » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 am

vinaybanda wrote:Hi

Congrats for your ILR.

Could you please let me know if you have filled Biometric application form and a fees for the same along with the fees for Set(O) has been paid.

If you dont mind could you please let me know how much was the total fees paid along with 1 dependent.

thanks
Vinay

Including 1 dependant you need to pay £2066.00