ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 +EEA4 Documents required.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varna1983

Post by varna1983 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 am

Jambo wrote:Did your wife ask about her application or your application? The 6 months is only relevant to the non EEA national. The regulations require the HO to issue the EEA national the PR confirmation ASAP (the legislation actually uses that term).

Asking for her passport back might trigger the issue of the CoA. Worth a try.

Hi jambo and thnx for ur activity on the forum, however i wanna discuss this issue abput the legislation regarding eea applicants. The term asap means actually nothing as asap is not a definitive term and can mean anything from 1 day to 6 months! I have written to an MP who also wrote to HO and they replied that they r dealing with all applications within 6 months...therefore there is a deficiency in the legislation as the asap term is not certain and basically HO are abusing people based on the power granted by the asap specification..:(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:31 am

Reading the legislation again,it is interesting that the directice uses the term "immediately" with regards to Residence Certificate (EEA1) but "ASAP" for PR confirmation (EEA3).

However, regardless of how long it takes, it should not really have a real impact on the EEA national life. Just ask for your passport back. Legally, the HO is not required to issue a CoA for PR application (the logic I presume is that the RC should still be valid).

presido007

Post by presido007 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:34 am

varna1983 wrote:
presido007 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I was really hoping that you were posting back to say all is well and that you had everything!
LOL....you can imagin how fustrated this can be, this guys don't have any empathy, they dont care and they are very rude on the phone. I have sent 8 emails and 4 letters and no respond to any of my letters or emails. I have now lost count how may times I call them and they keep telling me to wait until 6 months before I call them. what is the point calling them after 6 months to request for COA?
I am in the very same situation so i understand u very well and a friend of mine who made the very same application and documents like me got her pr in 3 weeks and im already waiting 4 months!!! Bizaaaarrreee...:(
When did your friend made her application? have you called HO? have you received your COA? because it seems people that apllied since March have not heard anything back from HO.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:40 am

Jambo wrote:Reading the legislation again,it is interesting that the directice uses the term "immediately" with regards to Residence Certificate (EEA1) but "ASAP" for PR confirmation (EEA3).

However, regardless of how long it takes, it should not really have a real impact on the EEA national life. Just ask for your passport back. Legally, the HO is not required to issue a CoA for PR application (the logic I presume is that the RC should still be valid).
Jambo, am a little bit confused, what do you mean by, Legally, the HO is not required to issue a CoA for PR application, do you mean for EEA National (EEA3)?

varna1983

Post by varna1983 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 am

presido007 wrote:
varna1983 wrote:
presido007 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I was really hoping that you were posting back to say all is well and that you had everything!
LOL....you can imagin how fustrated this can be, this guys don't have any empathy, they dont care and they are very rude on the phone. I have sent 8 emails and 4 letters and no respond to any of my letters or emails. I have now lost count how may times I call them and they keep telling me to wait until 6 months before I call them. what is the point calling them after 6 months to request for COA?
I am in the very same situation so i understand u very well and a friend of mine who made the very same application and documents like me got her pr in 3 weeks and im already waiting 4 months!!! Bizaaaarrreee...:(
When did your friend made her application? have you called HO? have you received your COA? because it seems people that apllied since March have not heard anything back from HO.

My friend applied in March(end) and got it in 3 weeks, I dont need Coa as i am an EU national...EEA3 application...and yeah Jumbo, the legislation for RC is very clear as to timeline stating precisely- the word immediately whereas for PR the term asap is "very clear"....:( i have called last month for my passport return and after 4 weeks(im not exadurating) and several calls and email and faxes i received it back just last week without PR...so this was the other complete joke by HO. I filled a complain over d email since i had to travel on a business trip abroad and couldnt cuz of them messing around with my pass..demanding for compensation for my ticket, etc but as of today there is no response whatsoever...however im not gonna leave things like that and will sue them no matter what as im so frustrated by their missbehaviour....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

presido007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:Reading the legislation again,it is interesting that the directice uses the term "immediately" with regards to Residence Certificate (EEA1) but "ASAP" for PR confirmation (EEA3).

Jambo, am a little bit confused, what do you mean by, Legally, the HO is not required to issue a CoA for PR application, do you mean for EEA National (EEA3)?
No. EEA national are never issued a CoA. They are just issued with the residence document. For non EEA national, the directice only requires the HO to issue a CoA for RC application not PR Confirmation (although they do issue it for PR confirmation also).

presido007

Post by presido007 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Finally, after three and a half months of waiting for CoA, I have sent five emails, three recorded delivery letters to HO and more than fifteen (15) phone calls to HO. then two complaint letter to their complaint dept and also sent copies of the complaint to SOLVIT, then two days later I received a reply from SOLVIT for more documents from me, which I sent to them, after a week, I received my CoA today, dated 26/06/2012. and a special delivery card left by the postman because I wasn't at home when he came, that there is a parcel I need to sign for. I suspect it might be our passports. or just my wife's passport as we have requested for her passport to be returned for more than four weeks, and she had to call so many times and they kept requesting it each time she calls them.

anyway, the goodnews is that I have now received my much awaited CoA and with the right to work.

special thanks to JAMBO and EUsmileWEallsmile, you guys are wonderful, I think, you have used your well broaded knowledge to help so many people on this forum. THANK YOU

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:01 pm

I am really pleased for you. I wish you all the best! Take care!

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I am really pleased for you. I wish you all the best! Take care!
Thank you, i appreciate it. I will keep you guys updated when I recieve my PR.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Today, the post man delivered my wife's PR dated 26/06/2012. Am sure they will send mine soon.
Am not sure if because I wrote a letter to complain to HO or because I sent a letter to Solvit that made HO to respond within a week I complained. Anyway, it doesn't matter now because I have CoA and my wife's PR.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 pm

I have a quick question, when EEA3 PR is issued by HO, does that mean EEA4 PR is sure?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Well, nothing is certain in life but you should be fine.

For you to qualify for PR Confirmation if one was granted to the EEA national depends on:

1. You prove your identity.
2. You prove you are a family member.
3. You haven't been away for more than 6 months a year.

Not very difficult to prove (which makes you wonder why it takes them so long to decide...)

presido007

Post by presido007 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Jambo wrote:Well, nothing is certain in life but you should be fine.

For you to qualify for PR Confirmation if one was granted to the EEA national depends on:

1. You prove your identity.
2. You prove you are a family member.
3. You haven't been away for more than 6 months a year.

Not very difficult to prove (which makes you wonder why it takes them so long to decide...)
you are right Jambo, nothing is certain in life, things can change at anytime. I have been wondering why it takes HO 6 months to verify all these conditions 1. your identity. 2. you are a family member. 3. You haven't been away for more than 6 months a year.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:04 pm

It doesn't. It's a matter of priority. They are probably under staffed and have other more urgent applications to deal with (ones who are closer to the 6 months mark).

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Now that my wife has uptained PR can we now register my baby that was born three years ago as British citizen?

second question, does that mean, after we register her as a British Citizen we can then apply for her British Passport immidiately or do we still need to wait for a number of years before we can apply for her British Passport?

Because, I was looking to register her as British citizen and apply for her British Passport immediately, but I dont understand how the system works on registeration of babies born in uk by non British parents as British citizen.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Registration is applying for British citizenship. Full stop. If granted, the child is Brtish citizen. There is no more stages to take. You can apply for a passport the day you recieve the approval.

See Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Children.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Jambo wrote:Registration is applying for British citizenship. Full stop. If granted, the child is Brtish citizen. There is no more stages to take. You can apply for a passport the day you recieve the approval.

See Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Children.
thanks Jambo, I appreciate it.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:45 pm

I came back from work and I saw a letter from HO, I thought they sent me a letter to request for more documents, only to discover it was CoA. why will HO send me CoA twice, they sent me the first one last month and today they have sent me another CoA.
What could this mean? are they confused or what? can they not see it on there system that they have sent me CoA before? or could this mean they will send my PR soon?

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

presido007 wrote:I came back from work and I saw a letter from HO, I thought they sent me a letter to request for more documents, only to discover it was CoA. why will HO send me CoA twice, they sent me the first one last month and today they have sent me another CoA.
What could this mean? are they confused or what? can they not see it on there system that they have sent me CoA before? or could this mean they will send my PR soon?
Perhaps the initial caseworker no longer works there. It shows they perhaps haven't got a decent system afterall.
Be good.

wanyora
Newly Registered

Post by wanyora » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:53 pm

any luck? i have been waiting for 5 month.EU need to sit and review this waiting time.skilled worker regardless of where they come from will walk to home office and come out them their indefinite yet EU have to wait for ever. I wish some one know how frustrating it is to wait.what do they do with the papers all this time?

varna1983

Post by varna1983 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:29 pm

wanyora wrote:any luck? i have been waiting for 5 month.EU need to sit and review this waiting time.skilled worker regardless of where they come from will walk to home office and come out them their indefinite yet EU have to wait for ever. I wish some one know how frustrating it is to wait.what do they do with the papers all this time?
I will tell u what- they r so incompetent and ignorent, yet non educated banch of africans deciding on cases they havent got a clue of...

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:06 am

wanyora wrote:any luck? i have been waiting for 5 month.EU need to sit and review this waiting time.skilled worker regardless of where they come from will walk to home office and come out them their indefinite yet EU have to wait for ever. I wish some one know how frustrating it is to wait.what do they do with the papers all this time?
I am still waiting, though september 17, 2012 will make it exactly six months I have been waiting for my EEA4 PR. it is really fustrating as I can't go on holiday. I have already waited for five months, I will wait for the remaining one month if nothing happens, I will be on the phone calling them four times a day, everyday until they send my PR to me. it has been a very stressful and agonising wait.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:18 am

varna1983 wrote:
I will tell u what- they r so incompetent and ignorent, yet non educated banch of africans deciding on cases they havent got a clue of...
WOW! you need to becareful with your language, that is a whole CONTINENT that you have just insaulted. I know you are fustrated with the process, so am I and am from africa, so I will not use those words, "non educated bunch of africans" there are many people from different backgrounds that work in UKBA and that include people from Asia, America, Europe, Africa etc, and they all work for UKBA not as African representatives.

I wonder where you got this fact from.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 am

presido007 wrote:
varna1983 wrote:
WOW! you need to becareful with your language, that is a whole CONTINENT that you have just insaulted. I know you are fustrated with the process, so am I and am from africa, so I will not use those words, "non educated bunch of africans" there are many people from different backgrounds that work in UKBA and that include people from Asia, America, Europe, Africa etc, and they all work for UKBA not as African representatives.

I wonder where you got this fact from.
well said, sir!

BTW - I'm sorry you are still waiting. Hope to read your good news soon.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Guys, my eea4 PR arrived today, issued on 25/08/2012.

goodluck if you are still waiting.