ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application filling query: payment by debit card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rainbow123
Newly Registered

application filling query: payment by debit card

Post by rainbow123 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi

I read in the Tier 1 main applicant form on page 5 it is mentioned as:

Debit card - Delta, Maestro (including Solo).

I have VISA debit card. If should be fine i think.

Can some one confirm please ?

Thanks.

Another question related filling the application.

Question C6 where the applicant need to provide the passport details.

I have two passports stapled together. One current passport and second one the expired old passport.

But I used only the current passport to get entry clearance.

Do I have to provide details of both the passports ? or only the current one is enough ?

Thank you.

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: application filling query: payment by debit card

Post by longshift » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:32 pm

rainbow123 wrote:
I have VISA debit card. If should be fine i think.
Can some one confirm please ?

This is from personal experience. Bank don't gurantee debit card payments. I mean, there is an anti-fraud measure in place which can decline any suspicious transaction. Anything which is out of ordinary. If you research more you will see lot of this guys whose application comes as invalid have their payments declined. Now even if you call your bank in advance, some of the banks don't take prior notifications like lloyds and barclays and the anti-fraud thing is random automated service so they don't have a say on it. In a nut-shell Debit card payments are not guranteed payments. I used to think they were but they are not. And if you need peace of mind, use banker's draft. Rest is upto you my friend.

Another question related filling the application.

Question C6 where the applicant need to provide the passport details.

I have two passports stapled together. One current passport and second one the expired old passport.

But I used only the current passport to get entry clearance.

Do I have to provide details of both the passports ? or only the current one is enough ?

Both. Thats why they have section for previous passports.
Thank you.

rainbow123
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow123 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The details mention that if the applicant pays by cheque, he should
also provide the cheque guarantee card.

If I am paying by Banker's draft, do I still need to provide any kind of guarantee for having sufficient fund ?

I am filling the form right now and have few other doubts,
if you can advice on these that will be great.

-----------------------------------------
J8. Please tick the relevant boxes to confirm all documents being sent as evidence of previous earnings claimed:

Official tax document generated by the tax
authority or the applicant’s employer, showing
earnings upon which tax has been paid / is to
be paid in a tax year (eg. P60 in the United
Kingdom )
--------------------------------------

For the tax document, I have P60 for the financial year 2011-2012 for which my tax was NIL. and I have not paid the tax for the year 2012-2013

So can I leave this un-checked ?
My company balance sheet indicates the tax to be paid for this year.

L6 Select what supporting evidence has been sent to confirm the applicant’s degree:
Original degree certificate
Original academic transcript

This was proved during the first application. So I am not checking any options here. The case worker should not consider my application
not complete for not answering this question. Should I write here explicitly that it was proved during first application ?

Thanks again.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:08 pm

rainbow123 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

The details mention that if the applicant pays by cheque, he should
also provide the cheque guarantee card.

If I am paying by Banker's draft, do I still need to provide any kind of guarantee for having sufficient fund ?

Cheque gurantee card is only needed if you are paying your application fees by cheque at PEO. for postal application you don't need cheque guarantee card.

Banker's draft is more like cash in the form of cheque. When you get a banker's draft the money from your account goes straight away so it cannot fail for insufficient funds as you cant get it if you don't have funds. Since its kind of pre-paid no need of any identification at PEO.

I am filling the form right now and have few other doubts,
if you can advice on these that will be great.

-----------------------------------------
J8. Please tick the relevant boxes to confirm all documents being sent as evidence of previous earnings claimed:

Official tax document generated by the tax
authority or the applicant’s employer, showing
earnings upon which tax has been paid / is to
be paid in a tax year (eg. P60 in the United
Kingdom )

You don't have to tick all the boxes here. Only tick the boxes relevant to your applications. If you are sending payslips and bank statements then just tick those boxes. No need to tick other boxes.
--------------------------------------

For the tax document, I have P60 for the financial year 2011-2012 for which my tax was NIL. and I have not paid the tax for the year 2012-2013

So can I leave this un-checked ?
My company balance sheet indicates the tax to be paid for this year.

L6 Select what supporting evidence has been sent to confirm the applicant’s degree:
Original degree certificate
Original academic transcript

This was proved during the first application. So I am not checking any options here. The case worker should not consider my application
not complete for not answering this question. Should I write here explicitly that it was proved during first application ?

Section L is to prove English Language requirement. If you read it properly right at the beginning it states as below:

Select how the applicant would like to claim points for English language:

National of a majority English speaking country Go to question L1

English Language Test Go to question L3

Degree taught in English Go to question L4

Applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General)
migrant, or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has
previously satisfied the English Language requirement
Go to question L7 - This applies to you and hence you have to jump to question L7. L6 doesn't come in the picture

Thanks again.
Just a word of advice friend. Don't rush to fill the application. Read it thoroughly first. Many of the questions will clear on its own. Good Luck with your application.