ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work in Belgium(Brussells)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syedajmal
Newly Registered

Work in Belgium(Brussells)

Post by syedajmal » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:02 pm

I just received my HSMP approval. I do not even have my Entry clearance stamped on my passport. The idea was to fond a job and then go for Entry clearance. While looking for a Job I now have an offer for a 6-month contract in Brussels. The Employer is ready to apply for my Work Permit. Now I am in a dilemma if I should take this offer or wait and keep looking for something good in the UK. Appreciate your help if you could clarify a couple of questions and also offer your thoughts on my situation.

1, I have been told that I will be taxed in Belgium and pay Social Security there. Since my family will be living in the UK I am a little concerned as to how their Health Insurance will be taken care.

2, what are the first things that need to be done once I land there on my HSMP visa?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Work in Belgium(Brussells)

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:13 pm

syedajmal wrote:I just received my HSMP approval. I do not even have my Entry clearance stamped on my passport. The idea was to fond a job and then go for Entry clearance. While looking for a Job I now have an offer for a 6-month contract in Brussels. The Employer is ready to apply for my Work Permit. Now I am in a dilemma if I should take this offer or wait and keep looking for something good in the UK. Appreciate your help if you could clarify a couple of questions and also offer your thoughts on my situation.

1, I have been told that I will be taxed in Belgium and pay Social Security there. Since my family will be living in the UK I am a little concerned as to how their Health Insurance will be taken care.

2, what are the first things that need to be done once I land there on my HSMP visa?
I would suspect ur family can't come to UK if you are on WP in Belgium. Or have I misunderstood?

Steve

syedajmal
Newly Registered

Post by syedajmal » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:59 am

Well my plan is to enter the UK with my family on HSMP and then from there move on to work in Belgium while I simultaneously look for work in the UK. I believe that should not be an issue.

So I will be leaving my family in the UK and do a weekly trip to Brussels. Hopefully I should be bale to find something quick in the UK.

But since I am still not contributing to the UK system, will I be eligeble for any of the Health Insurance etc is my question.

And secondly is there a To-Do list, some kind of recommendations for a person to do once he enters the UK.

Thanks in advance

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:47 pm

syedajmal wrote:Well my plan is to enter the UK with my family on HSMP and then from there move on to work in Belgium while I simultaneously look for work in the UK. I believe that should not be an issue.

So I will be leaving my family in the UK and do a weekly trip to Brussels. Hopefully I should be bale to find something quick in the UK.

But since I am still not contributing to the UK system, will I be eligeble for any of the Health Insurance etc is my question.

And secondly is there a To-Do list, some kind of recommendations for a person to do once he enters the UK.

Thanks in advance
I dunno the rules but I can't see it happening!

Think about it, you get a visa to work in Country A and then go and work in Country B.

Maybe an expert who knows the rules applicable to HSMP can answer but it seems wrong to me...

Good luck anyway!