ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish visiting visa from UK- Which postal service?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tony_franklin
Newly Registered

Irish visiting visa from UK- Which postal service?

Post by tony_franklin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello everyone,

So I'm applying for a visiting visa to Ireland from the UK (Yes, I need one) and was wondering which postal service it'd be arriving by?

I'll be shifting from my current flat by the end of this month, and I can redirect mails to a new address using the post office redirection service, but as far as I know they do redirect only royal mail stuff.

Do all the documents come back together in the pre-paid for special delivery envelope or do they come in 3-4 bits like visa offices normally do?

Thanks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Best bet is to phone the embassy and ask what procedure there is for change of address.

tony_franklin
Newly Registered

Post by tony_franklin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks for that. Yeah, I guess that'd be my safest bet. Apart from that, I do have a couple of questions regarding the visa application though:

1. I couldn't find the details of how much funds are required on the website. My family member in Ireland would be showing their funds to support me for the duration of the stay (1 month) but all I could find is a required £250 credit. (I did come across a site which mentions something in the lines of £180/day but I'm guessing that's for a tourist visa?)

2. Part 7 of the application questions details of current employment/ study. As I just completed a training course and am unemployed at the moment, how do I go about that? I do have a valid permit to remain in the UK till Dec 2013 and a passport valid for another 7 years.

Thanks again. And please, any help would be highly appreciated.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:43 pm

the fact that you are currently unemployed may show lack of evidence that you will return to your country after the expiry of the visit visa and you may overstay your visa in Ireland. That can go against you in issuing you the visa.

tony_franklin
Newly Registered

Post by tony_franklin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:57 pm

agniukas wrote:the fact that you are currently unemployed may show lack of evidence that you will return to your country after the expiry of the visit visa and you may overstay your visa in Ireland. That can go against you in issuing you the visa.
Alright. The plan was to visit my relatives in Ireland and then head back to my home country (instead of heading back to the UK- considering the current economic status here). Is there any work around to this or should I let the whole idea be?

tony_franklin
Newly Registered

Post by tony_franklin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:34 am

And can someone please guide me on part 1 of the above question?