ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to find the exact date of application of Tier1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

win2010
Newly Registered

How to find the exact date of application of Tier1 visa

Post by win2010 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 am

I am applying for the extension of Tier1 visa. But I do not remember the exact date of the application of the original Tier1 visa. Is there any way to find out? I know the month I have applied. Is the exact date needed?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:48 am

The original application date is significant in determining which immigration rules apply to you. I.e. because they have changed over time (E.g. 31 March 2009 & 5 April 2010), you may be disadvantaged if you base your extension application on the incorrect rules. Take a look at the Tier 1 G extension form to understand further.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: How to find the exact date of application of Tier1 visa

Post by silent_warrior » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 am

win2010 wrote:I am applying for the extension of Tier1 visa. But I do not remember the exact date of the application of the original Tier1 visa. Is there any way to find out? I know the month I have applied. Is the exact date needed?
If you paid by credit card, you can find out the date your amount was debited.
Why do you need the date of previous application?

win2010
Newly Registered

Post by win2010 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:04 am

I need the date to fill in the extension form.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:11 am

win2010 wrote:I need the date to fill in the extension form.
Where does it ask you for previous application date?
If you are referring to the visa issue date, then it is already mentioned on your visa vignette for Tier 1 G.
As cs95tdg, the date when you actually applied is only significant in determining which rules apply for your extension

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 am

silent_warrior wrote:
win2010 wrote:I need the date to fill in the extension form.
Where does it ask you for previous application date?
If you are referring to the visa issue date, then it is already mentioned on your visa vignette for Tier 1 G.
As cs95tdg, the date when you actually applied is only significant in determining which rules apply for your extension
I agree with silent_warrior. I quickly scanned the application form with my eyes and I cannot see any question that asks for a previous application date. I know it sounds obvious to say "take it easy and go question-by-question", but please do.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:06 pm

cs95tdg wrote:The original application date is significant in determining which immigration rules apply to you. I.e. because they have changed over time (E.g. 31 March 2009 & 5 April 2010), you may be disadvantaged if you base your extension application on the incorrect rules. Take a look at the Tier 1 G extension form to understand further.
Yes, to confirm what the previous posters have stated. While the application date is required for what I have mentioned above, there is no question in the Tier 1 G application form which asks for this date. If the question you are referring to is "D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?", then as already mentioned this will be the "valid from" date on the original EC visa vignette in your passport.

win2010
Newly Registered

Post by win2010 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks guys for your inputs. I am rephrasing my questions with details and exact question numbers. Please help me with these and I bet I will not bother you guys more.
I have query about the following question in Tier-1 General From for extension.
D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?
Do I need to give this date when UKBA gave me Visa or the start date of Visa. I applied Visa someday between 24th June 2010 and 7th July 2010. I got Visa to my home on 8th July 2010. My Visa starts on 2nd September 2010. Which date do I need to enter for the above question?
I am also applying extension for my wife on the same day. In Tier-1 Dependent form, I have query for the below questions.
L3. Reference number of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:
L4. Date of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:
We both applied the Visa together and do not know the exact date when we did.(Applied between 24th June 2010 to 7th July 2010). Which date do I need to put here and what reference number do I need to put here.

win2010
Newly Registered

Post by win2010 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Anyone help please..

askhan
United Kingdom

hope this helps you

Post by askhan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:39 pm

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 pm

win2010 wrote:D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?
Do I need to give this date when UKBA gave me Visa or the start date of Visa. I applied Visa someday between 24th June 2010 and 7th July 2010. I got Visa to my home on 8th July 2010. My Visa starts on 2nd September 2010. Which date do I need to enter for the above question?
I am also applying extension for my wife on the same day. In Tier-1 Dependent form, I have query for the below questions.
L3. Reference number of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:
L4. Date of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:
We both applied the Visa together and do not know the exact date when we did.(Applied between 24th June 2010 to 7th July 2010). Which date do I need to put here and what reference number do I need to put here.
D3) I have already answered this question in my previous response. It's the "valid from" date in the initial tier 1 visa vignette in your passport.
L3) This would be the reference number provided in your initial Tier 1 G approval letter. If I'm not mistaken this is an optional field, so if you don't have this, then you can leave it blank.
L4) A suggestion has already been given by SilentWarrior in a previous response. I.e if there was no delay in the UKBA taking the initial application fee, then you could possibly use your old bank/credit card statement to make a close guess on what the actual date of submission would have been. Or see if you have a UKBA acknowledgement letter for that application, it should have a date on it. Another suggestion given is to make a SAR, which may contain the Application date in it. That's the best anyone will be able to say, as you don't remember or have a record of the date. If none of this is possible, you'll just have to make a best guess, or leave it blank if the form allows it.

rainbow123
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:26 pm

For L3 and L4 in the dependant's application, the application does not explicitly indicate they are optional. So if I leave these blank, because I do not know the dates, will that be fine ? will the application be considered incomplete ?

Similarly for H1 question also.

Can these be left bank if i do not remember them ?
Thanks.