ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Debit Card info in Tier 1 extension application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

applicant39
Newly Registered

Wrong Debit Card info in Tier 1 extension application

Post by applicant39 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi,

I applied for Tier 1 General Extension on 8th August 2012 which reached Durham on 9th August 2012. I was expecting the payment to be taken out on 10th August. But then I realised yesterday that my debit card was lost and I had to cancel that card on Thursday. The bank has issued me a new card with a new number but the old details that I used in my application form are now invalid. I asked the bank if they can authorise the payment from UKBA with old details and they said they cant.

The Tier 1 general form states that the application will be invalid if the payment is not cleared and application will be returned back to the applicant which is fine but my leave to remain expires on 27th August 2012 and I'm not sure if I can make a fresh application outside that time.

Does anyone know if I can call the home office hotline to get the payments cleared over the phone?

If I get my documents late can I apply a fresh application after my leave to remain has expired?

I am also considering the Super Premium service but to use that service I must get my documents back.

Does anyone have an idea if the same application can be considered for Super premium service without being returned to me?

Please help as I am getting really anxious over this and have spent a few sleepless nights already.

Thanks in advance.

applicant39
Newly Registered

Post by applicant39 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm

I have confirmed it with my bank (Lloyds TSB) and they said the payment was requested by UKBA but was declined as my card was cancelled.

I have read many related posts with some suggesting to send the payment page again with new card info. I'm really not sure what to do. I'm getting very worried about the whole situation.

As I have mentioned earlier I'm ready to spend £6000 and get the visa sorted but is there a way I can request my documents any early as my visa expires on 27th August 2012?