ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income Proof for Self Employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

piro
Newly Registered

Income Proof for Self Employed

Post by piro » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:20 am

Hello All,

As I am finalizing the documentation for tier 1 general application, I wanted to get an expert view on the points that I am going to claim for my earnings.

Here is my scenario,

I am an analyst programmer running my own software company. I have an office setup, employees that include programmers and office staff. The source of my income is the IT services (software development and maintenance) that I provide to local and foreign clients.

Since I fully own my company (no partners/directors etc), I use a bank account with my name as the main business account for my company and handle the accounts literally myself.

I plan to claim points for the period Oct 1st, 2009 - June 30, 2010 (9 months).

What I have as proof of income is

1. Personal Bank Statement from Oct 1st, 2009 - June 30, 2010 with all the credit payments highlighted. These payments came from foreign and local clients.

2. A letter from a chartered accountants company signed and stamped by a chartered accountant confirming the gross and net profit of my company from Oct 1st, 2009 - June 30, 2010. They also confirm that the company is wholly owned by me. Here is how they show the details

Particulars Amount

Foreign Receipts xxxxxx
Local Receipts xxxxxx
Gross Revenue (Total) xxxxxx
Operating Expenses xxxxxx
Profit xxxxxx
Tax Paid xxxxxx
Net Profit xxxxxx

The net income they show is sufficient to claim 45 points. The foreign receipts and local receipts corroborate with the credit amount in my bank account.

3. Tax return for the financial year starting July 1st, 2009 and ending June 30th, 2010 signed and stamped by the tax authority. The claim period of 9 months is part of this financial year. The return was filed with my name and tax number showing my business name too in the specified column.

4. Company accounts statement for the financial year starting July 1st, 2009 and ending June 30th, 2010 (same as tax return) showing the profit and loss account, balance sheet and other relevant details in standard accounting format for the full financial year. The claim period of 9 months is part of this financial year. This document is also signed and stamped on every page by a chartered accountant representing a chartered accountant company (same who wrote the letter). I also have signed this document as chief executive of my company.

I don't have invoices as such that's why I did not attach any invoices.

Please confirm whether or not the above mentioned proofs are sufficient to claim the points for earning?

Thanks for the patience to read my post :). I really appreciate and hope it will be useful for many people like me.

Looking forward.

Piro

sreblog

Re: Income Proof for Self Employed

Post by sreblog » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:03 am

Hi ,

Can you please let me us know if you were sucessful with the documents you mentioned.

I will be submitting following documents only
1.HSMP letter
2.Tier 1 extension leter
3.Passport
4.Bank statements of my company
5.Dividents only and no salary slips

regards,
sreblog

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Can you please let me us know if you were sucessful with the documents you mentioned.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.