ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea spouse application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

efimmike

eea spouse application

Post by efimmike » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi everyone,
I came to the uk as a student and i am now on the post study work visa which is expiring soon. I got married to an EU national in June in London and i posted my document on the 9th of July, the documents were delivered the the next day, 10th June just when the new changes got into effect. Because of the new changes i have some concern about my application. My concern is;
My wife has been in Uk for almost 9 years and she is permently employed and was earning £1300/month after taxt until when she had a child with her privious boyfriend (they were not married) she is now working on week ends( part time) because she has to look after her son and her salary is £850/month after tax. I am working full time and earning £1500/month after tax. I decided to attach my pay slips to my wife's because we live together in a one bedroom flat and most of the bills re paid by me.
My first concern is, do i stand a chance of getting the visa due to the above mentioned limitations? Also, i have not received any letter after one month to confirm that they have received my application.
What should i do next.
Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: eea spouse application

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:11 pm

efimmike wrote:Hi everyone,
I came to the uk as a student and i am now on the post study work visa which is expiring soon. I got married to an EU national in June in London and i posted my document on the 9th of July, the documents were delivered the the next day, 10th June just when the new changes got into effect. Because of the new changes i have some concern about my application. My concern is;
My wife has been in Uk for almost 9 years and she is permently employed and was earning £1300/month after taxt until when she had a child with her privious boyfriend (they were not married) she is now working on week ends( part time) because she has to look after her son and her salary is £850/month after tax. I am working full time and earning £1500/month after tax. I decided to attach my pay slips to my wife's because we live together in a one bedroom flat and most of the bills re paid by me.
My first concern is, do i stand a chance of getting the visa due to the above mentioned limitations? Also, i have not received any letter after one month to confirm that they have received my application.
What should i do next.
Thanks
What nationality is your spouse? You state that she is still working.
What new rule changes? There should be none that affect your application.

You are supposed to get an immediate acknowledgement in the form of a certificate of application.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:17 pm

[quote="efimmike"]Hi everyone,
What should i do next.
Thanks[/quote]

The new UK Immigration changes does NOT applies to you as you're married to EEA national.

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:41 pm

zubby007 wrote:
efimmike wrote:Hi everyone,
What should i do next.
Thanks

The new UK Immigration changes does NOT applies to you as you're married to EEA national.
My wife is Polish national and the changes i am talking about is that the eea spous should earn at least £18.000 per yr. my concern is my wife has been earning that amout when she was working full time because she is now nursing her son she is working part time and earning £850/month.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:47 pm

efimmike wrote:
My wife is Polish national and the changes i am talking about is that the eea spous should earn at least £18.000 per yr. my concern is my wife has been earning that amout when she was working full time because she is now nursing her son she is working part time and earning £850/month.
Does it mention any of that here?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:45 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
efimmike wrote:

please fellow this link;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ement1.pdf

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:19 pm

efimmike wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
efimmike wrote:

please fellow this link;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ement1.pdf
Does not apply to your case.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:21 pm

THIS is relevant to you. Don't worry about categories that are not relevant to you.

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:41 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/

THIS is relevant to you. Don't worry about categories that are not relevant to you.
@ EUsmileWEallsmile; Thank you very much for your reply.