ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 cos unrestricted requested waiting time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

funky22
BANNED

tier 2 cos unrestricted requested waiting time

Post by funky22 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 pm

hi all,
my employeer did request an additional cos for me which i am currently on T1 post study and have worked here for over 7 month .

looking at the time it take for UKBA to approve the certificate i came across this article
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 20ceaf818a

it mentioned that UKBA will reject any additional request if the person has more than 60 days on their currect visa which i am currently on T1 and have around 7 month.

does this mean our request will be rejected ? is the above statement true?

how long generally does it take to assign a certificate

Thanks

funky22
BANNED

Post by funky22 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:33 pm

anyone ?

funky22
BANNED

Post by funky22 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:00 am

I really appreciate if anyone can help me with this, if not i will have to seek solicitor advice.

if it is something you know please do let me know

Hrin
Newly Registered

Post by Hrin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am

hi it usually takes around 1 week to get the CoS, assuming your employer already has a sponsorship license and used the sponsorship management system to apply for 1 for you. I don't see why it would get rejected because usually at the stage of requesting for the CoS, the system doesn't question about the person you are applying the certificate for. Only when you are allocating the certificate, it asks for the details of your job title etc, but even then, the certificate number is assigned immediately after you fill up the form. UKBA makes the decision after they receive your tier 2 visa application and evaluate your salary requirements etc and decide whether to use the assigned certificate for you or not

funky22
BANNED

Post by funky22 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:34 am

thanks very much Hrin, lots of thanks

i got worried because on the link posted earlier it was mentioning that it can take few month and if your visa has more than 60 days left then you will be rejected

i guess that is for extension of tier 2 and for switching to this category from another category there is no limit such as as above and can switch anytime, correct?

in regard to assinging an additional cos that is great if they can do it within a week

Thanks once again

sha23

please clarify

Post by sha23 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Hrin wrote:hi it usually takes around 1 week to get the CoS, assuming your employer already has a sponsorship license and used the sponsorship management system to apply for 1 for you. I don't see why it would get rejected because usually at the stage of requesting for the CoS, the system doesn't question about the person you are applying the certificate for. Only when you are allocating the certificate, it asks for the details of your job title etc, but even then, the certificate number is assigned immediately after you fill up the form. UKBA makes the decision after they receive your tier 2 visa application and evaluate your salary requirements etc and decide whether to use the assigned certificate for you or not
hir u sure, present time lines are 1 week? ppl in the forum recently have got it in 7 and 12 weeks, ech and david1955. They have mentioned it on other thread. my employer has applied on 27th July and I am waiting too in case of a fresh application.

sakar
Newly Registered

Post by sakar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi Funky22,
i have been waiting the unrestricted cos from july. Its already been 3 months and my solicitor is saying that UKBA is taking long to process. What si your status now? Does it take such long to issue unrestricted cos.

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:11 pm

sakar wrote:Hi Funky22,
i have been waiting the unrestricted cos from july. Its already been 3 months and my solicitor is saying that UKBA is taking long to process. What si your status now? Does it take such long to issue unrestricted cos.
Hi,
I have been waiting from july 20. Please guys update with time line if any one recently got unrestricted cos.

sha23

continue on this thread...

Post by sha23 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:08 am

Dear All,

please continue discussions on unrestricted cos here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=108309

So that we can have one place for all common discussions...

regards