ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form - Sending Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dazzy999
Newly Registered

MN1 Form - Sending Passport

Post by dazzy999 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi,
I guess I should be asking this question from the HO :

Does any one know Why is it that Parent's Passport with ILR is not listed as the required document ? I am sure that it must be needed.

Do they really not need it or have they made a mistake in not including it in the form ?

Glc

Post by Glc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:33 pm

It's really odd that they did not clearly specify that important bit in the guide but yes, you need to send your passport with ILR stamp together with your MN1 application. Even the lady i spoke to from NCS find it quite odd.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 am

When you read the guide, you feel that it was written for British citizens registering their children (under the various categories). ILR holders were not on the authors' mind for some reasons (although I suspect they are the majority of MN1 applications).

dazzy999
Newly Registered

Post by dazzy999 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks