ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - work permit 5 year completion confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brij4134

ILR - work permit 5 year completion confusion

Post by brij4134 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:45 am

Dear senior members

I am new member for this forum but in fact reading everyday since more than month.

I have 5 year straight work permit which will finish on 29th November 2012. Some more details for my work permit and family as below:
Work permit approval – 25th October 2007 (25/10/2007) (I wan in UK on student visa with my wife as dependent)
Entry clearance received stamp date – 29th November 2007 (valid up to 29/11/2012) (applied in India for me and my wife)
Enter in UK with my wife on – 7th December 2007 (07/12/2007)
Daughter 1 – Indian citizen born in UK on 11/02/2008 and has same length of leave to remain as mine (i.e. 29/11/2012)
Daughter 2 – born in UK on 05/06/2012 and has no any current leave to remain. Did not apply Indian passport for her as of today.

I would like to apply ILR for me and my wife only with premium service after 10th November and before 15th November 2012. As I know my both daughters are eligible for British Citizenship after our approved ILR. So I will like to apply with MN1 for my both daughter before my Daughter1 current leave will expire (i.e. 29/11/2012) after we get our approved ILR.

My question is
I recently met one solicitor and he is saying anyone can apply ILR after 4 year and 11 month but subject to they would have at least 5 year length of valid visa and he is advising me I would have valid visa up to 07th December 2012 to finish my qualifying period of 5 year. He said I need to get extension of current work permit to become eligible for ILR.

I want to mention that I am only work permit holder in my company and company do not have certificate of sponsorship at the moment because whey they applied it was not in the process to get this certificate of sponsorship for employer. So please senior members or any one who can assist me about I need to get extension or I can apply after 10th November 2012 for our ILR. If I need to apply extension then we need to get Certificate of Sponsorship for my employer?

For our ILR application - current minimum wage requirement, Life in UK for me and my wife, number of days outside of UK – these all issues are satisfied with requirements.

Please this is very kind request to senior members to guide and advise me to solve the above query. It is highly appreciated and thanks in advance to reply me. Once again thanks and hope other members will get useful information as well.

Brij

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR - work permit 5 year completion confusion

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:35 am

My views, in blue
brij4134 wrote:Dear senior members

I am new member for this forum but in fact reading everyday since more than month.

I have 5 year straight work permit which will finish on 29th November 2012. Some more details for my work permit and family as below:
Work permit approval – 25th October 2007 (25/10/2007) (I wan in UK on student visa with my wife as dependent)
Entry clearance received stamp date – 29th November 2007 (valid up to 29/11/2012) (applied in India for me and my wife) = 5 yr leave = GOOD.
Enter in UK with my wife on – 7th December 2007 (07/12/2007) = entered within 3 months of Entry Clearance, good.
Daughter 1 – Indian citizen born in UK on 11/02/2008 and has same length of leave to remain as mine (i.e. 29/11/2012) = can apply for registration as British Citizen with MN1 after your ILRDaughter 2 – born in UK on 05/06/2012 and has no any current leave to remain. Did not apply Indian passport for her as of today.= can apply for registration as British Citizen with MN1 after your ILR

I would like to apply ILR for me and my wife only with premium service after 10th November and before 15th November 2012. Based on the above information you have given, and if you meet all applicable qualifying criteria, you can apply during the 28 days before your current leave expires, As I know my both daughters are eligible for British Citizenship after our approved ILR. So I will like to apply with MN1 for my both daughter before my Daughter1 current leave will expire (i.e. 29/11/2012) after we get our approved ILR.

My question is
I recently met one solicitor and he is saying anyone can apply ILR after 4 year and 11 month but subject to they would have at least 5 year length of valid visa and he is advising me I would have valid visa up to 07th December 2012 to finish my qualifying period of 5 year. his 'knowledge is incomplete' taking into account the details you have given here so far about your circumstances. He said I need to get extension of current work permit to become eligible for ILR. DITTO

I want to mention that I am only work permit holder in my company and company do not have certificate of sponsorship at the moment because whey they applied it was not in the process to get this certificate of sponsorship for employer. So please senior members or any one who can assist me about I need to get extension or I can apply after 10th November 2012 for our ILR. If I need to apply extension then we need to get Certificate of Sponsorship for my employer?

For our ILR application - current minimum wage requirement, Life in UK for me and my wife, number of days outside of UK – these all issues are satisfied with requirements.

Please this is very kind request to senior members to guide and advise me to solve the above query. It is highly appreciated and thanks in advance to reply me. Once again thanks and hope other members will get useful information as well.

Brij
Also read other posts here, and some on sticky above.

Good luck
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

brij4134

Re: ILR - work permit 5 year completion confusion

Post by brij4134 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks for your reply. So I will able apply after 10th November and before 15th November 2012.
I will let the update after I will have outcome of application.
Thanks

wpilr_nov12 wrote:My views, in blue
brij4134 wrote:Dear senior members

Entry clearance received stamp date – 29th November 2007 (valid up to 29/11/2012) (applied in India for me and my wife) = 5 yr leave = GOOD.
Enter in UK with my wife on – 7th December 2007 (07/12/2007) = entered within 3 months of Entry Clearance, good.
Daughter 1 – Indian citizen born in UK on 11/02/2008 and has same length of leave to remain as mine (i.e. 29/11/2012) = can apply for registration as British Citizen with MN1 after your ILRDaughter 2 – born in UK on 05/06/2012 and has no any current leave to remain. Did not apply Indian passport for her as of today.= can apply for registration as British Citizen with MN1 after your ILR

I would like to apply ILR for me and my wife only with premium service after 10th November and before 15th November 2012. Based on the above information you have given, and if you meet all applicable qualifying criteria, you can apply during the 28 days before your current leave expires, As I know my both daughters are eligible for British Citizenship after our approved ILR. So I will like to apply with MN1 for my both daughter before my Daughter1 current leave will expire (i.e. 29/11/2012) after we get our approved ILR.

My question is
I recently met one solicitor and he is saying anyone can apply ILR after 4 year and 11 month but subject to they would have at least 5 year length of valid visa and he is advising me I would have valid visa up to 07th December 2012 to finish my qualifying period of 5 year. his 'knowledge is incomplete' taking into account the details you have given here so far about your circumstances. He said I need to get extension of current work permit to become eligible for ILR. DITTO

Brij
Also read other posts here, and some on sticky above.

Good luck
:lol: