ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ext- Refused /12 months period earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ELD
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Ext- Refused /12 months period earning

Post by ELD » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:15 am

Dear Moderators,

I am hoping you may be able to advise.

I put in person application following an immigration lawyer's advice that I can show 13 payslips in a 12 months period. He had similar cases using the same route and were successful.

This is however being refused by UKBA with the exact same reason. I have an opportunity to put in an appeal.

My questions are:

1. What is the definition of 12 months earning ? Is it 12 months' work ? Or as long as payments were credited into the bank during a 12 month period?

2. What do you think of the chances of successful appeal?

I look forward to your advices. Many thanks in advance !

bestprint
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Ext- Refused /12 months period earning

Post by bestprint » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:43 am

there are 52 weeks in a year. and if a company pays 4 weekly then there can be 13 payslips in one year.
My company pays 4 weekly and last time i applied for my tier 1 and showed my 13 payslips with in one year and all were accepted.

ELD wrote:Dear Moderators,

I am hoping you may be able to advise.

I put in person application following an immigration lawyer's advice that I can show 13 payslips in a 12 months period. He had similar cases using the same route and were successful.

This is however being refused by UKBA with the exact same reason. I have an opportunity to put in an appeal.

My questions are:

1. What is the definition of 12 months earning ? Is it 12 months' work ? Or as long as payments were credited into the bank during a 12 month period?

2. What do you think of the chances of successful appeal?

I look forward to your advices. Many thanks in advance !

ELD
Newly Registered

Post by ELD » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:15 pm

[quote="bestprint"]there are 52 weeks in a year. and if a company pays 4 weekly then there can be 13 payslips in one year.
My company pays 4 weekly and last time i applied for my tier 1 and showed my 13 payslips with in one year and all were accepted.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Could you please give an example of 4 weekly pay?

My company pays on every 23rd of the month, and if it falls on a weekend/ bank holiday, then we get pay earlier.

In my situation, I showed 23/6/2011 - 22/6/2012 with 13 pays slips and it was refused.

private1
Newly Registered

Post by private1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:25 pm

ELD wrote:
bestprint wrote:there are 52 weeks in a year. and if a company pays 4 weekly then there can be 13 payslips in one year.

My company pays on every 23rd of the month, and if it falls on a weekend/ bank holiday, then we get pay earlier.

In my situation, I showed 23/6/2011 - 22/6/2012 with 13 pays slips and it was refused.
If you get pay on every 23rd of month and the 1st payslip/income you counted of23/06/2011 with your income period of also starting from 23/06/2011 then the HO decision is CORRECT as that pay is for the last month so you can not count that

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi,

The key thing is do you qualify for the extension with only 12 slips and not 13?

I agree with the previous poster, you should show salary for June to May (inclusive) and not June to June (inclusive)

Kind Regards

email257525
BANNED

Post by email257525 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:52 pm

U count the pay period/working period yourself

23 06. 22 07
23 07. 22 08
23 08. 22 09
23 09. 22 10
23 10. 22 11
23 11. 22 12
23 12. 22 01
23 01. 22 02
23 02. 22 03
23 03. 22 04
23 04. 22 05
23 05. 22 06

The above is whole 12 months, if you hvd included 23 05 to 22 06 on the very top then it becomes 13 months pay

Hope it is answered

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:13 pm

private1 wrote:
ELD wrote:
bestprint wrote:there are 52 weeks in a year. and if a company pays 4 weekly then there can be 13 payslips in one year.

If you get pay on every 23rd of month and the 1st payslip/income you counted of23/06/2011 with your income period of also starting from 23/06/2011 then the HO decision is CORRECT as that pay is for the last month so you can not count that
Totally Agree. Your pay on 23/6/2011 is for June 11. And so on. So you claimed earning from June 11 to June 12. It should have been June 11 to May 12.

You have no one to blame but your agent. He should have not suggested you to go forward with your application. And its common sense too.

I am sorry for what has happened. But don't go with appeal, you will only waste your time. My suggestion is to apply again with 12 month pay if you are eligible. And have time in your visa.

Tier1immigrant

Post by Tier1immigrant » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Right of appeal is not given to people who have visa remaining, so he would have run out of his visa. Does that mean ELD will have to leave this country and everything he has established here over the course of time?

ELD
Newly Registered

Post by ELD » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:56 pm

[quote="Tier1immigrant"]Right of appeal is not given to people who have visa remaining, so he would have run out of his visa. Does that mean ELD will have to leave this country and everything he has established here over the course of time?[/quote]

You are right. I can't put in a new application as the existing visa has run out. And you rightly ask the latter question - I would be interested to learn if it matters to UKBA, but I doubt so.

Allow me to ask another question. What about a bonus for the period of work which was paid after the defined period, will it be counted as part of the earnings?

private1
Newly Registered

Post by private1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:59 pm

ELD wrote:
Tier1immigrant wrote:Right of appeal is not given to people who have visa remaining, so he would have run out of his visa. Does that mean ELD will have to leave this country and everything he has established here over the course of time?
You are right. I can't put in a new application as the existing visa has run out. And you rightly ask the latter question - I would be interested to learn if it matters to UKBA, but I doubt so.

Allow me to ask another question. What about a bonus for the period of work which was paid after the defined period, will it be counted as part of the earnings?
No it can not be counted as it is paid after the period

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:34 pm

ELD wrote:Allow me to ask another question. What about a bonus for the period of work which was paid after the defined period, will it be counted as part of the earnings?
If the bonus payment was for a period that's not within the 12 month period you are claiming points for, you can't.

I.e. from my interpretation of the rules, what's relevant is when you earned the income & not when you were paid. I mention this as I know sometimes bonuses are paid at the end of the year in a seperate payslip. If this happens you will need evidence to support the claim that the bonus payment is for the specific period in question.

The key for income to be considered towards your points is that, they must have been earned within the 12 month period you are using towards your previous earnings.

ELD
Newly Registered

Post by ELD » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:01 pm

If the bonus payment was for a period that's not within the 12 month period you are claiming points for, you can't.

I.e. from my interpretation of the rules, what's relevant is when you earned the income & not when you were paid. I mention this as I know sometimes bonuses are paid at the end of the year in a seperate payslip. If this happens you will need evidence to support the claim that the bonus payment is for the specific period in question.

The key for income to be considered towards your points is that, they must have been earned within the 12 month period you are using towards your previous earnings.[/quote]

Thank you for your reply and to all the others.

Perhaps I am in the situation, I would like to think one can argue on the basis where how much you were paid during the period of time.

Are there anyone who had an appeal experience? Is it possible to provide new documents at the appeal ,i.e. for example bonus with letter of support?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:18 pm

ELD wrote:Perhaps I am in the situation, I would like to think one can argue on the basis where how much you were paid during the period of time.
That's a rather strange way of putting it. You will need to know or find out whether that income was earned during the 12 month period in question or not. Theres no perhaps about it. Note that the amount you were paid does not matter (though obviously it would need to be sufficient for the purposes you require it for here), I.e different people get paid bonuses that range from one end of the spectrum to the other and these amounts vary vastly depending on many factors, such as performance, industry sector, length of employment etc...

ashazhang
Newly Registered

Post by ashazhang » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:32 am

Tier1 - not allow to provide new documents at the appeal

h222
Newly Registered

Post by h222 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 pm

Although You have submitted 13 months salary but if your points completes in the latest 12 months then Case worker cannot reject it as He will consider the lastest 12 months salary.