ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 am

I would say 'Awaiting consideration' implied waiting on the queue for a CW to handle while 'Active consideration' implies it is lready with a case worker but might be taking a bit longer to decide. My thought........

Bash

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 am

Bash1oo wrote:I would say 'Awaiting consideration' implied waiting on the queue for a CW to handle while 'Active consideration' implies it is lready with a case worker but might be taking a bit longer to decide. My thought........

Bash
i think u r right :(( makes me more worried n stressfull

skano
Newly Registered

current timelines

Post by skano » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 pm

useful stats, everybody can log these FOI requests for their own week or maybe even that particular day. But I believe it has to be generic and not your specific case for it to be considered as FOI

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 2.pdf.html

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: current timelines

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:05 am

skano wrote:useful stats, everybody can log these FOI requests for their own week or maybe even that particular day. But I believe it has to be generic and not your specific case for it to be considered as FOI

thanks skano..

which email addresses do i have to sent this request to. I have to send to Liverpool address.
can you help me please.
thxx

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:23 am

ryan2020 wrote:
skano wrote:useful stats, everybody can log these FOI requests for their own week or maybe even that particular day. But I believe it has to be generic and not your specific case for it to be considered as FOI

thanks skano..

which email addresses do i have to sent this request to. I have to send to Liverpool address.
can you help me please.
thxx
you need to raise the request through whatdotheyknow site. that will automatically goes to FOI team.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:14 am

thank you . i did it. let see when they reply. website saying the latest is 12 September ? will they reply on 12th September or what ?

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:16 am

ryan2020 wrote:thank you . i did it. let see when they reply. website saying the latest is 12 September ? will they reply on 12th September or what ?
They have to reply before sep 12th .

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 am

Krishnalvr wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:thank you . i did it. let see when they reply. website saying the latest is 12 September ? will they reply on 12th September or what ?
They have to reply before sep 12th .
ok thank you

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am

Guys ,

any reply from any body. so silent from 3days. any updates , any news regarding progress of applications

Krishna

yquestion26
Newly Registered

Post by yquestion26 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Afraid not on my front Krishna, been on holiday past couple of weeks(In the UK obviously due to not having a passport!).

4 months and counting this week from when PEO received my "further documents required" as countless chasers by phone, email and MP.

I've almost talked my MP into referring a parlimentary ombudsman complaint, hopefully this will be agreed to submit later this week.

I got bored one day on this forum and based on the posts of about 100 people, it seems the average time from "submitting further documents" to decision of application is about 22weeks for people applying for ILR. Given I'm still within the "average" process time and given my case seems to be a bit rarer than many others, I'm not holding my breathe for much at the moment :(

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:07 pm

no update from my side. still waiting.

people are quite don't know why .

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 pm

yquestion26 wrote:Afraid not on my front Krishna, been on holiday past couple of weeks(In the UK obviously due to not having a passport!).

4 months and counting this week from when PEO received my "further documents required" as countless chasers by phone, email and MP.

I've almost talked my MP into referring a parlimentary ombudsman complaint, hopefully this will be agreed to submit later this week.

I got bored one day on this forum and based on the posts of about 100 people, it seems the average time from "submitting further documents" to decision of application is about 22weeks for people applying for ILR. Given I'm still within the "average" process time and given my case seems to be a bit rarer than many others, I'm not holding my breathe for much at the moment :(
22 weeks i can't bear this much. already been 8 week of stress.i will not leave them . i will ask for refund of my money.

do i have to tell MP that i want to take complain to ombudsman ??
i heard ombudsman says first write to UKBA then come to us. they don't deal directly. what you say ?

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Mine is 17 weeks of waiting and still counting...........

Bash

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Response from ombudsman
The complaint

You complain about UKBA’s delay in processing your settlement visa and the service provided by them.

The Ombudsman’s role

Our role is to consider complaints that government departments, agencies or organisations in the UK have not acted properly or fairly, or have provided a poor service. The organisation being complained about should usually be given a chance to respond to a complaint and, where appropriate, try to put things right before we look into the matter. We normally expect a complainant to have made their complaint to the organisation concerned and to have had their final response before they bring their complaint to us.

Our decision and next steps

The Ombudsman values the local resolution of complaints, as this is usually the quickest and most effective way for matters to be resolved. From the information you have provided it does not seem that you have yet put your complaint to UKBA. We have therefore decided that we will not consider your case further at this stage.

You explain that your MP has contacted UKBA on your behalf, requesting that they expedite your application. I hope that as a result of your MP’s intervention you are able to quickly obtain the visa that you require.

If you wish to continue to pursue this matter via UKBA’s formal complaints process, you should first make a complaint directly to UKBA and await their response. Details of UKBA’s complaints process can be located on the following website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

If you remain unhappy after you have received the final response from UKBA, or if they fail to contact you after twelve weeks, you can then re-approach the Ombudsman.

To help your MP understand your complaint, you may wish to give him/her the following information:

an explanation of what the problem is;

a brief history of what happened, and when, including any replies to your complaint from UKBA;

copies of all letters and papers about the complaint; and

details of what you want to happen to put things right.

Having looked at your complaint, your MP will let you know the best way to deal with it. If your MP asks us to consider your case, we will look carefully at all the information you have provided and send you, and your MP, a reply telling you what we are going to do about it.

You also raise concerns that you do not understand some of UKBA’s policies and application process. The Ombudsman is completely separate from UKBA and therefore we cannot provide advice on UKBA’s processes. You may wish to raise these concerns directly with UKBA.

If you have any questions about what I have set out above, please get in touch with me using the contact details on this email.

Yours faithfully

Customer Service Officer
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Millbank
London
SW1P 4QP
Tel: 0300 061 4916
Email: phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk
www.ombudsman.org.uk

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Bash1oo wrote:Mine is 17 weeks of waiting and still counting...........

Bash
@yquestion26 and @Bash1oo

have you contacted your MP ?

Did they received any response from UK BA?

if yes , what is the response

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Krishnalvr, I contacted my MP four weeks (via letter) and got a response with a copy of the letter to UKBA inquiring about the status of my application. I check with my MP last week and she is yet to get a feed back from UKBA, i was adviced to wait for another two weeks after which they will start chasing UKBA for a response........so still waiting here.

Bash

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Krishnalvr

you need to complain to UKBA first then approach ombudsman

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:18 pm

ryan2020 wrote:Krishnalvr

I did already , no use no response

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:Krishnalvr

I did already , no use no response
as per email then you have to wait for 12 weeks to get reply from UKBA if not then you have to email ombudsman

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

lucky guys

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:35 am

today 4 people posted their experience and got ILR.

Its really frustrating me. I'm thinking i will stop viewing this website.

on the top ' I WILL NOT HEAR THE GOLDEN WORDS - MY ILR IS APPROVED'

I wish i can hear those golden words. Its a once in life time opportunity.

Sorry to depressed you guys. sorry

Krishnalvr

Re: lucky guys

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:38 am

UK BA Complaint team acknowledgement
17 August 2012

Dear Mr Venkata,

Thank you for your correspondence dated 14 August 2012. I am sorry you felt our
service did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Your letter has been referred to the relevant team so that they can provide a
response. They will aim to respond to your letter within 20 working days.

If you have not had a response after 20 working days please contact UKBA
Complaints Team at address above.

For other information about contacting the UK Border Agency, or further details about
the complaints process, please visit our website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov/contact

Yours faithfully

Complaints Team

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: lucky guys

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:45 am

Krishnalvr wrote:UK BA Complaint team acknowledgement
17 August 2012

Dear Mr Venkata,

Thank you for your correspondence dated 14 August 2012. I am sorry you felt our
service did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Your letter has been referred to the relevant team so that they can provide a
response. They will aim to respond to your letter within 20 working days.

If you have not had a response after 20 working days please contact UKBA
Complaints Team at address above.

For other information about contacting the UK Border Agency, or further details about
the complaints process, please visit our website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov/contact

Yours faithfully

Complaints Team
wait for 20 days and then write to OMBUDSMAN

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Guys

again Quite since from 3 days.

Any updates or any responses or any information

krishna

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:26 am

Krishnalvr wrote:Guys

krishna
nothing from my side.. yesterday i read a thread .. he got his ILR in 10 months on premium service. unbelievable.

i called to MP and her PA said we don't chase UKBA again for my application cause they will receive the same reply again and it take resources to do that.

He said as advised by UKBA wait so I have to wait.

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:39 am

ryan2020 wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:Guys

krishna
nothing from my side.. yesterday i read a thread .. he got his ILR in 10 months on premium service. unbelievable.

i called to MP and her PA said we don't chase UKBA again for my application cause they will receive the same reply again and it take resources to do that.

He said as advised by UKBA wait so I have to wait.
:-) , They are not serious about the immigrants who are paying genuine tax. they will always like ppl who are taking benefits , staying in council house with out work , with out tax etc.....