ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1-immigrant

ILR query

Post by tier1-immigrant » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi,

If want to apply for ILR, do I have to be employed or self-employed continuously for last 5 years ? I am in UK for last 5 years on Tier 1 (General), but for few months in between I was neither employed or self employed.

If yes, could you kindly point me to exact immigration rule that says so ?

I could locate only 245CD which applies for HSMP.

245CD
(f) "Where the application is being made under the terms of the HSMP ILR Judicial Review Policy Document, the applicant must be economically active in the UK, in employment or self-employment or both."

It does not explicitly say anything on continuous employment of the Tier 1 Immigrant.

Can some one please clarify and point to any other references in UKBA site ?

Thank you.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 am

The reason you couldn't find an immigration rule for this is because there isn't one.

I.e. you do not need to be employed continuously throughout the entire 5 year period to be eligible for ILR.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:26 pm

you will have to proof and get enough points though for a 12 month period of employment.