ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

13 August PEO experience Solihull (with IT Problems)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seepsaba
Newly Registered

13 August PEO experience Solihull (with IT Problems)

Post by seepsaba » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:22 am

Many thanks to everyone on board for all the helpful posts and prompt replies to my queries. Got my ILR yesterday at Birmingham Solihull. It all went smooth otherwise, except a short stressful and anxious break when the IT system went down for about two and half hours. The staff apologized and assured they'll get it fixed within one hour to go ahead with biometrics , it however took over two hours, but once fixed, the rest of the paper work was much quicker and it almost took half an hour for the whole application process.
The staff were very polite and friendly. I was only asked to provide LIUKT and two evidences of my earnings, the case worker didn't even bother to match or count the salary slips and bank statements. I also offered my P60 and employer letters but was told they don't need it. I had a very detailed folder including all the earning and absence details, covering letter to expalin finger print issue, many letters from employer, but they didn't look at any thing at all and my meeting with case worker last only 7mins. Payment by Visa card went fine and there was no issue around visa card not working etc.( Ihad instructed HSBC and they had placed a note in their system to let go the payment). I was given an approval letter saying my BRP would arrive in post in 7-10 working days.
So I would strongly reccomend Solihull to anyone interested in using same day service.
In terms of ILR qualification, I am employed with university as a lecturer, was short on income by 900 GBP so had to take some consultancy work to cover the shortage, the case worker were satisfied with my earnings and they didn't ask any thing about why and how of self employment, or HMRC or accountant letters. I was away from the UK for about 134 days during five years with max 71 days absence in single visit. Alsthough i would have completed my five years by date of entry on 31 august, and by date of visa on 14 june, had valid leave until nov this year, i wasn't asked anything on this
I want to point out one cautionary point for those using HMRC employment history letter, Please check the dates, tax code and amounts very carefully, as the letter that I got was full of mistakes, i only happened to check it by chance at last minute and it had all wrong dates of employments, wrong tax codes and discrepant amounts of money, i didn't use it for my purpose anyway.
So it all went well, but its not end of journey, have to sort out my husband's visa now, please do extend your help like you did for my ILR .
In the meanwhile if anyone have any questions please do let me know.
Cheers

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Congrats seepsaba

dont worry ur husbands Visa will be just fine.

Is it an extension (FLR)?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Congrats. Atlast you got your ILR. I have told you there is nothing to worry about.
The question is... to be or not to be....