ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is school transport considered as benifit?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shace

Is school transport considered as benifit?

Post by Shace » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 am

Is school transport considered as benifit? and will this affect my ILR application

My Son will start schooling next month; the school is 2.5 miles from my home,
I applied for the school, I didn’t ask for any transport but Council is providing transport
Since I live more than 2 miles from the school

I will apply for ILR in a year or so, and don’t want to make a mess of that!!! Have anyone had a similar situation? Still not sure whether school transport is treated as benefit or Not? Any advice much appreciated

Shace

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:14 am

Please see the following link for details on what is considered to be a public fund under the immigration rules:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Additionally, this post would be better placed, under the claiming benefits forum.

Shace

Post by Shace » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am

Thank you for your promt reply, i have posted this again in benifit section, also read the link that you have send... looks like transport dosent fall into benefit still have to make sure...thank you anyway!!!!