ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after RLMT ?!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hshokouhi
Newly Registered

What happens after RLMT ?!

Post by hshokouhi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Hey Guys,

I hope its not a duplicated post, I really tried to find my answer but just got more confused with different scenarios :shock:

Currently I am on Tier 1 General and my visa expires on end of October but I don't enough point for extention and my employer is happy to sponsor me, they are eligible to issue the COS and started the RLMT last week (3 more weeks to go), they posted the advert on Jobcentre and jobserve and they used the correct code and everything, but my question is about the next step, because they haven't done this before they are not sure what to do next ! do they need to provide any supporting documents to HO about RLMT before issuing the COS ? or after 28 days they just logon to the system and request for a new COS ?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 pm

When the sponsor assigns a CoS they have to confirm on the online Sponsor Management System (SMS) that the RLMT has been carried out and provide the details (dates, reference numbers, etc).

They are prompted to do so. If your sponsor is licenced they should be familiar with the SMS. The user manual is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary