ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:20 am

King2be98

Just to clarify, some of us received emails from the BHC in Islamabad stating that the processing time now is 29 weeks for 100% of applications (12 weeks for 95%) due to high volume of applications. I’m currently on my 24th week now but yes I haven't actually passed the 24 week mark but to answer your question specifically, I think only 2 people on here have gone past the 24 week mark and are still waiting (a feb applicant who’s still waiting and someone who applied on 01/03/12) there maybe more, who knows.

Me personally, I’m expecting a response back around the 29 week mark now as I don’t expect anything more from the BHC that’s processing my wife’s application
Last edited by hashim10 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 am

just to clarify no one has gone over the 24 weeks guidline yet!!! and inshallah wont

the sister that applied in febuary is on her 117 working days and will definetly hear by next week

if you want me to add you to the timeline just inbox me

inshallah we will all hear gud news soon :D

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Post by S.dawood49 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Leila.. How do u know some of you lot got a email stating its changed to 29 weeks ??... Or is it just you that's got that email ?.. Please could impost that email so I can see ....

Applied 19/03/12
Under process 02/04/12
Still waiting 97 days today (excluding holidays)

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:56 pm

S.dawood49

Check page 11 of this thread for my email and emails to other members from BHC stating that they aim to process 95% of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 29 weeks.

By the way, i'm also from Leicester.

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:20 pm

im not sure why they have stated 29 weeks because another memeber contacted there mp ad he said 24 weeks
also i got an email and 7/08 saying that it is 24 weeks, others saying 27 weeks and some saying 29 weeks

so it must depend on each individual case but over all no one has gone over 24 weeks

just hope for the best

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Post by S.dawood49 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Where bouts u from in Lesta b ??...

On the website (ukba) it says 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 ...
This is their website ..Service standards
We have service standards for processing UK visa applications in Pakistan. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date; and
95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.

Let's just are what happend.. If anyone that applied in march gets a reply please inform me jzk ... Wasallamz

Applied on 19/03/12
Under process 02/04/12
Been 97 days (today) excluding holidays..
Still waiting ...
Just remember Allah tests those who he loves ..

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:08 pm

well myself and another brother here got responses last week stating the 29 week waiting period whilst another sister was told 27 weeks. It is however just a waiting game as has been previously mentioned our time is defo near. I’m not far from Hamilton.

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Post by S.dawood49 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Oh ok brother hasim ... So far I haven't got any email n hope I dot even receive one !!... Am not far from u b !!.. Lool .. Live next to goodwood area .. Small world hey!!..

Applied 19/03/12
Under process 02/4/12
97 days .. Excluding holidays ..
Waiting ... And trying to keep sabar!...

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 pm

very small world bro
Last edited by hashim10 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Post by S.dawood49 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Yo b ... Ur scaring me now !!... Lool .. Make Dua inshallah.. which is ur local masjid ??.. Masjid Ali ??..

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Check your email bro, we’ll chat more there as mods will get mad….

Fais123
Newly Registered

Post by Fais123 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Walaikum asalam bro... quick question, did you get lawyers to prepare your documentation and fill in your form on your behalf or did you prepare the documentation all yourself before submission...

Your the first lahorie applicant ive come across who's spouse applied in april and has been granted their visa . Congratzzzz
Thank You Hashim! I hired a lawyer to assist me with the application. He made certified photocopies of my father's and my passport and he also made a certified photocopy of my degree certificate. My lawyer also made a Statutory Declaration document for me and my father where I declared how and where I met my wife, details about our marriage, how we were keeping in contact while we were apart, and our future plans together. My lawyer also made me a check list for all the supporting documents that were required. My father was acting as my wife's third party support that's why his certified copy of his passport and Statutory Declaration were required.

For accommodation I included a Housing Inspection Report and a Statutory Declaration from my father in which he declared that he would allow me and my wife to stay at his property rent free.

For my finances I included 6 months savings account and 6 months current account Bank Statements showing savings of £14,000 and my father included his pension pay slips and Bank Statements.

munchies27

salaam all

Post by munchies27 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Salaam guys, hope ur all gud.

Well just to let u all know i recieved a response from my MP, he forwarded the email that the UKBA sent him. It states that they are aware that at the time my husband submitted application, their service standards were 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks.
however as the changes came into effect on 09/07/12, we got caught up in the mad rush.

The email states that i should have a decision made by the 04/09/12 and anytime before then my hubbys docs n passport should be RFC. so basically anyone who applied in March we are all looking at around the same time scale. maybe as King bro says its prob sent back in a batch.

I am happy as the email wasnt a standard automated reply, it was sent directly for me.
No one would believe who my MP is!LOL :)

Just praying now Insha'Allah we get a good outcome. if anyone wants to see a copy of the email, plz PM me.

Allah Hafiz

*Allah Knows Best* [/code]

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:44 pm

thats excellent bhai which shows that they are still dealing with all applicants within 24 weeks

i applied 1 day after you so hope that i hear soon too inshallah

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 pm

how long does the uka have to reply to your mp?
my mp sent a letter on the 17 july and i havnt heard anythng yet
:roll:

ali1122
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa under process

Post by ali1122 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Peshawar_khan wrote:Applied 26/03/2012.

Still Under Process:(

I hope March Applications bundle is not lost....Documents do get lost at BHC Islamabad occasionally.
May Allah grant visas to all my brothers & sisters including my Dear wife :)
if u gets any update pls let me know. cuz i applied on same date : 26/03/2012 (islamabad)

Elisha
Newly Registered

Post by Elisha » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:29 pm

I think mirpur has seen the quickest turn around time but it maybe that the volume of applications submitted were less in mirpur than other centres!
Good luck guys hopefully all march applicants will hear very soon

App submitted 29/03/2012
Forwarded to BHC 13/04/2012
Visa granted 21/07/2012
Passport collected 27/07/2012
Centre mirpur

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 pm

95% of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 29 weeks.

I find the above statement that 95% of applicants will be dealt with in 12 weeks - very dubious to say the least.

UKBA is a shambles, I've written a letter to my Mp, asking her to table a motion for a parliamentary enquiry.

Theresa May...Pffft, everything she touches seems to stop working.

Application Submitted at Gerrys Islamabad on: 14/05/2012
Forwarded to OC on: 14/05/2012
Under Process at BHC on: 25/05/2012
Ready For Collection:
Passport Collected:
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

Peshawar_khan
Newly Registered

Post by Peshawar_khan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 am

king2be98 wrote:Ok let me make this clear once again for all you guys. You ask the same questions every single day without actually reading previous posts.

There are two main decision making posts for Pakistani applicants. Based on statistics, the majority of Pakistani applications are handled in Abu Dhabi as there are more resources available to work on applications. Some are now processed in Islamabad.

It is evident, that they have sent the applications in batches to Abu Dhabi and will return them in batches back to Pakistan. So there is little to argue about or worry about, because you will all (that's the March bunch) receive news at the same time to collect. It doesn't mean you will all get VISAs or you will all get refusals, it quite simply means, you'll get your answers at the same time.

It has happened before and IT WILL happen again. So stop fussing about it and technically speaking, if they haven't gone over 24 weeks, then none of you should be complaining. They did state and continue to state, you have 24 weeks to get a response, but they try to respond within 3 months. So 24 weeks, how many of you have gone past 24 weeks? Zero.
I have sent an email to Abu dhabi and they said my application is processed in Islamabad,Please contact BHC Islamabad for further inquiry.
All march applications are processed in Islamabad.
Applied: 26/03/2012
Under Process in Islamd:10/04/2012

mr.lonely
Newly Registered

Post by mr.lonely » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 am

I thought so as nobody can know this where the applications, they won't tell to anybody else. So how king2be98 knows??? you can't give any delay reason, atleast they tell you straight what the issue is for delay in BHC.

TCup
Newly Registered

Post by TCup » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:42 pm

The whole time thing is really weird. You just don't know when they call you to collect the passport.

Looking at the timeline spreadsheet we can all guess when we think they'll get in touch or status be changed but to be honest no one knows.

Here is my wife's timeline.

Submitted passport LHR: 18/05/2012
At Islamabad BHC: 31/05/2012
Visa given and collected: 15/08/2012

I didn't expect it till the 2nd week of Sept at the earliest - guestimating from the timeline spreadsheet.

I prepared all my documents reading posts and peoples experiances from this site so thank you!

Dshah

Post by Dshah » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 pm

king2be98
- thin ice -

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject:
The backlog has been building up since last year Nov when the law changed from 21 yr olds to 18 yr olds. The Olympics doesn't help either. We may start to see things return to normal in 3 months when we're wll past Olympics and also the Law changes. Hopefully no other major changes in law take place to prevent a surge of applicants. Either way with £820 a single application and multiple every day, they should have more than adequate staff to deal with it.

I wonder where the £800 goes anyway, it's a farce.

king2be98 wrote:Ok let me make this clear once again for all you guys. You ask the same questions every single day without actually reading previous posts.

There are two main decision making posts for Pakistani applicants. Based on statistics, the majority of Pakistani applications are handled in Abu Dhabi as there are more resources available to work on applications. Some are now processed in Islamabad.

It is evident, that they have sent the applications in batches to Abu Dhabi and will return them in batches back to Pakistan. So there is little to argue about or worry about, because you will all (that's the March bunch) receive news at the same time to collect. It doesn't mean you will all get VISAs or you will all get refusals, it quite simply means, you'll get your answers at the same time.

It has happened before and IT WILL happen again. So stop fussing about it and technically speaking, if they haven't gone over 24 weeks, then none of you should be complaining. They did state and continue to state, you have 24 weeks to get a response, but they try to respond within 3 months. So 24 weeks, how many of you have gone past 24 weeks? Zero.

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:27 am

TCup wrote:The whole time thing is really weird. You just don't know when they call you to collect the passport.

Looking at the timeline spreadsheet we can all guess when we think they'll get in touch or status be changed but to be honest no one knows.

Here is my wife's timeline.

Submitted passport LHR: 18/05/2012
At Islamabad BHC: 31/05/2012
Visa given and collected: 15/08/2012

I didn't expect it till the 2nd week of Sept at the earliest - guestimating from the timeline spreadsheet.

I prepared all my documents reading posts and peoples experiances from this site so thank you!
Hey brother you have been very lucky! Is this the first May applicant to be granted their visa??? And your case only took 2.5 months, your application evidence must ahve been amazing??
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Just to make this clear:

SPOUSE/SETTLEMENT VISA APPLICATIONS ARE DEALT IN ISLAMABAD NOT ABU DHABI.

All NON-SETTLEMENT visa applications are dealt in Abu Dhabi.

before the settlement applications used to go to Dubai and then Islamabad then RFC... that was several months ago. people used to get an update saying application forwarded to embassy(which means dubai) then 2nd update would be application under process at British High Commissions(which means Islamabad).
then after these 2 updates it would change to RFC. now no one gets application forwarded to embassy. it goes straight to BHC and then RFC.
like i said that was some time before march 2012.

sorry i had to get this clear as King2b98 kept telling everyone some batches are sent to dubai and some to islamabad. i do agree that it could be set back in a batch but our docs are not in dubai.

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Scottishraja wrote:Hey brother you have been very lucky! Is this the first May applicant to be granted their visa??? And your case only took 2.5 months, your application evidence must ahve been amazing??
Looking back at TCup's first post to see what he submitted, it's almost exactly what I submitted (except I submitted mortgage statement as I'm co-owner of the property).

I was advised by a relative (who prepares cases for people all the time) that I should submit only the bare minimum of evidence. The more paperwork you send their way the longer it will take for them to plough through it. It also takes longer if the sponsor him/herself is an immigrant and has jumped from one visa category to another. Of course this is all academic as the rules have now changed and new conventions will soon set in.

I think in the case of March applicants there is an anomaly. You clearly shouldn't still be waiting. They've probably lost the paperwork or given it to some ECOs who are overworked or new to the job.

Just hang in there. Get on with your life and the RFC will come out of the blue. Don't let their incompetence get you down.