ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon on 14th August-273 days outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

ILR Success at Croydon on 14th August-273 days outside UK

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Dear Friends,

I applied for ILR under 2 years hsmp, 3 years tier 1. I was employed + self employed.

I had 273 days of absence outside UK ( no 90 day stretch ). 112 business and 161 personal

Appt was at 8:10. I was told the golden words at 10:15. I approve your ILR.

No IT issues today at Croydon and I suggest you book your appointments early in the day so that you avoid delays at croydon peo. ( not many people around 8 am )

Timescale:

7:00 reached Lunar House
7:25 - started queuing at 7:15 and was let inside 7:25
7:30 - airport type security clearance
7:45 - payment
7:55- Biometrics ( no it issues today )
8:05- Biometrics done

waited at the waiting are until 9:00

my number was called at 9:05.

Case worker checked documents and said you have more than 180 days absence. I said yes and I mentioned they were business related.Caseworker asked for employer letter which I provided as proof of absence.

CW said she needs senior case worker approval for my absence. After 10 mins she was back saying your holidays are ok.

10:15 - She said everything is fine and handed me the letter and asked me to wait 7 days for biometric card

Guys - Please take copies of your documents. It makes case worker's very happy.

This forum is the best and have learned a lot on this forum personally.

Please ask me any queries

Thanks

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Congrats Mate.....
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Congratulations :D

I hope they wount have IT issues all week long :lol:

skano
Newly Registered

absence > 90 days

Post by skano » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Congrats ITGraduate,

Did you have any absence more than 90 days?

skano

sorry just noticed that you didn't have any

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:23 pm

skano - read the post properly :)

yallow

Post by yallow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Congrats,

what did you have in your employer's letters for absences?

Thanks

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

My Employer Letter for absences.

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Employer letter format:

To,
The UK Border Agency
United Kingdom
X August 2012

To Whom It May Concern,

This is to confirm that XXXXX born on XXXXX holding Passport number XXXXX works as an independent consultant for our company since XXXX. Mr. X permanently based in United Kingdom is registered as self employed in United Kingdom and provides us services as Business Development in UK and Middle East. It’s mandatory for Mr. X to travel solely and extensively to promote our software modules through conference presentations, and meetings with both UK and overseas institutions, and these are a part of his routine duties.
Mr. X is of international repute, and is a world-renowned expert in X software which is extensively used across Europe and Middle East. For these purposes, Mr. X travels to countries like Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Dubai – United Arab Emirates and Far East. While abroad on business travel, he was always paid in his UK bank account and he was paying his NI and tax in the United Kingdom. Results of these visits have lead to new business opportunities and contracts for X .Therefore I give a detailed list of his travels outside the UK, during the period he has been working for us from X to X date .I can confirm X will remain employed as an independent contractor for X in future while being self employed in the United Kingdom.

Serial Number Date of Travel Date of Return countries visited

X is submitting an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain to the UK Border Agency. In view of his excellent productivity as an independent consultant of X, and his anticipated continued employment with us, I strongly support his application. X has a busy schedule ahead and it is requested that his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain be processed expediently by the UK Border Agency.
For any further questions,

XX

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Congrats ITGraduate :)

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks Guru!!!