ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to HSIP, confusing !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Z2004
Newly Registered

Switching to HSIP, confusing !

Post by Z2004 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:03 pm

Hi,

Leant from the latest announcement from home office that the new rules which restrict switching to HSIP will be launched on 1 oct 2004. My current immigration status is student however my visa will be expired in the end of Oct. And I plan to submit my application in aug and expect to receive the response in Nov. So could any expert let me know which is the best way.

1) Apply for another course and remain stay in UK as a student. The problem is the group which can switch should be graduated student. I've graduate this summer but if I applied for another course, I become a student again but not a GRADUATED STUDENT?

2) Apply visa extension as a visitor. The new law will take effective on 1 Oct. but my appliation was submitted on Aug. So is it still apply to my circustance? I mean can I switch from a visitor to HSIP program cause I applied before 1 Oct. 2004

3) Return to my home country before visa expired and apply for EC if my HSPM approved.

Thanks a lot

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:12 am

Well,

I wud say, stay there by applying for another course as student. Don't worry about the Graduate student status.

Also, dont ever think to go back and expect HSMP team will be answering you so quickly. If you apply now as an incountry applicant, you are not going to get a decision before 2-3 months. Trust me.
Regards,
Afzal

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:20 am

firstly it is HSMP not HSIP. Did you read neo_X recent post. He asked everyone to apply even if you got a faint hope of getting it. They said there will be changes in switching but did not come up with it clearly. You should renew your student visa, and simultaneously apply for HSMP (if you are eligible). There are people here who waited for 1 month even after getting their decision, so don't expect the visa in less than 2/3 months. Graduation will give you 15 points but there are more categories where you can score.

Z2004
Newly Registered

Funding for HSMP

Post by Z2004 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:32 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and advise on swithing thing. What's the report of neo_x ? It sounds UK goverment encourages people to apply as a profit stream.

The other two thing bother me is 1) funding 2) score point.

Firstly, how much do you think is sufficient as a evidence to show that I can financial support myself during the time stay in UK. I know the more, the better, but is there any average figure for successful applicaiton. Can I say I prepare for the first six month's living cost and I'm confident I can find a job during that time.

Secondly, I estimate my score of 65 based on below 28 plus 4 years working experience plus master degree. But I don't want to score the point from past earning? Is it OK?

Looking forward to your advise.Thousands of thanks.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:42 am

it is up to you , how you want to claim points. If you think you should not claim for the income, then leave it. There is no average figure for funds. You should show as much as posible. Just saying that you are prepaired to live for 6 months is not enough, it has to be backed by a proof of funds.