ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA application reference number and new employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sraikar
Newly Registered

UKBA application reference number and new employer

Post by sraikar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi,

Please help me in my doubt.

I have applied for Tier-1 visa extension during July 2012. I have already completed my biometrics and waiting for UKBA to come back.

Meanwhile, I have found a new position in a company. They will be issuing me an offer letter soon, but they are asking for my application reference number.

The company HR mentioned to me that they would be able to get some status update on my Visa, because, the company has access (may be they are registered with UKBA??)

My doubt is, is it safe to disclose the UKBA application reference number to public in general?

Can it be misused?
Can it jeopardize my visa application in anyway..

For me, the visa application is more important than anything else.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:40 pm

All the employer would ask or need to have your visa details to cross check it with UKBA, because they can only allow people to work only if they have valid work permit which is in accordance with home office rules and regulation.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

sraikar
Newly Registered

Post by sraikar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:49 pm

[quote="scorpio_besal"]All the employer would ask or need to have your visa details to cross check it with UKBA, because they can only allow people to work only if they have valid work permit which is in accordance with home office rules and regulation.[/quote]

Hi,

Does this mean that it is okay to disclose the UKBA reference number to the company to which I have applied for a post?

My Passport is with the UKBA since more than a month. It has got me all worried.

Any idea how long it takes to get the decision letter for main+dependent application done together?

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards!

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Buddy, You will get your passport once UKBA completes all the verification check on your application, the time frame isn't the same for all, in some cases people get it soon and in some it may take longer.

As far as UKBA reference number is concerned, I dont think there is any problem with it, but do let the company know that your passport is with UKBA for extension.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

sraikar
Newly Registered

Post by sraikar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:55 pm

[quote="scorpio_besal"]Buddy, You will get your passport once UKBA completes all the verification check on your application, the time frame isn't the same for all, in some cases people get it soon and in some it may take longer.

As far as UKBA reference number is concerned, I dont think there is any problem with it, but do let them know that your passport is with UKBA for extension.[/quote]

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the quick response. Really appreciate your time and help.

Best Regards.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:57 pm

You are welcome, good luck with your application :) my best wishes are with you.
Regards,
A Mutant Member