ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some General Question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houman_uk
Newly Registered

Some General Question

Post by houman_uk » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Dear All,

I have some questions regarding Tier 1 Ent:

1-For maintenance the joint account can be used? I did not find anything in this regard in the UKBA website or guidance. For Tier 4 visa it is allowed clearly but for Tier 1 Ent it is not clear.

2-I have two accounts in a bank. In one of them I have more than £200K and in the other I have about £40K. Then, I want to use the first account for investment and the next account for maintenance. But I am worry that if I use the accounts from same bank, the ECO may refuse because s/he thinks I am using the investment fund for my maintenance. In addition, guidance asks for a letter from bank which shows my fund with the bank. Actually, my second account is in this bank as well but I do not want to include them in investment fund.

Regards

houman_uk
Newly Registered

Post by houman_uk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 pm

I found the answer for my first question that is Yes according to the immigration rules. But in Appendix C of the immigration rules regarding the maintenance there was a point which I could not understand:

Where the applicant is applying as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant or a Tier 5 Migrant, the funds must have been under his own control on the date of the application and for the period specified in (b) above

What does it mean?

And any comment regarding the second question?

Regards

challengerdeeprises
Newly Registered

Company Audit

Post by challengerdeeprises » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi, I want to switch my immigration status from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 1 Entrepreneur and want to clarify a doubt about the Entrepreneur visa.

I was informed that once the Entrepreneur visa is granted, the UKBA will do company audits every quarter of a year regarding where the funds are being invested. Is it true?

The policy guidance does not provide any information about the same and I would really appreciate if you could clarify my doubt as it will help me to make a decision.

P.S: I apologise if I have entered the question in the wrong topic

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: Company Audit

Post by tuliprose » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

challengerdeeprises wrote:Hi, I want to switch my immigration status from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 1 Entrepreneur and want to clarify a doubt about the Entrepreneur visa.

I was informed that once the Entrepreneur visa is granted, the UKBA will do company audits every quarter of a year regarding where the funds are being invested. Is it true?

The policy guidance does not provide any information about the same and I would really appreciate if you could clarify my doubt as it will help me to make a decision.

P.S: I apologise if I have entered the question in the wrong topic
Whoever informed you of this information, please ask him more details. As Nobody have any kind of information regarding UKBA have started doing audits of businesses.