ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobo5
Newly Registered

Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by bobo5 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 am

Hello everyone,

My company recently applied to a restricted CoS for this month's allocation. It says on the UKBA's website that the meeting took place on August 13 however my company still has no news about the decision. Do they take a few days to notify your employer?

There is something bothering me. I've read online that CoS applications must be made no more than 6 months after the job was first advertised. At the same time, I've also read that a CoS cannot be granted if the application is made more than 3 months before the job's start date.

The problem is my employer advertised the job on their website around October 2011 and the start date of the job is September 2012. We could not have applied in April 2012 (6 month limit after the job was first advertised) because it would have been more than 3 months before my start date (September 2012). The earliest to apply, it seems, would have been June (3 months before start date).

My employer applied this month, will this jeopardize my chances of having a Certificate of Sponsorship granted??? I am scared that this might affect the application.

Many thanks for your replies!!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 pm

If an RLMT has to be carried out the sponsor has to confirm that they have done so, and give details such as dates, reference numbers, etc., when assigning the CoS. This is mandatory.

bobo5
Newly Registered

Post by bobo5 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks for your reply manci. I do believe that all restricted COS applications must go wtih an RLMT. Have you heard about the six month rule though? If so, how strict is it???

One last question. If my company submitted the application before the 5th, the ukba asked for complimentary documents and they will give the documents in the next couple of days (after the August monthly allocation meeting which took place on monday), will my company's CoS application still be considered this month (within the next days) or do we have to wait for another month (decision to be made with the rest of September CoS applications) ??

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:56 am

See the detailed requirements for the RLMT in the T2 Sponsor Guidance, para 289 onwards and especially para 293:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Re. your second question, the employer could try to find out by contacting the UKBA employer helpline 0300 123 4699.

bharatuppala
Newly Registered

Re: Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by bharatuppala » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:31 am

bobo5 wrote:Hello everyone,

My company recently applied to a restricted CoS for this month's allocation. It says on the UKBA's website that the meeting took place on August 13 however my company still has no news about the decision. Do they take a few days to notify your employer?

There is something bothering me. I've read online that CoS applications must be made no more than 6 months after the job was first advertised. At the same time, I've also read that a CoS cannot be granted if the application is made more than 3 months before the job's start date.

The problem is my employer advertised the job on their website around October 2011 and the start date of the job is September 2012. We could not have applied in April 2012 (6 month limit after the job was first advertised) because it would have been more than 3 months before my start date (September 2012). The earliest to apply, it seems, would have been June (3 months before start date).

My employer applied this month, will this jeopardize my chances of having a Certificate of Sponsorship granted??? I am scared that this might affect the application.

Many thanks for your replies!!
Hi bobo5,

I am also waiting for restricted COS, my employer is too busy to log into SMS.

grakesh18
Newly Registered

13 August 2012 Restricted CoS outcome

Post by grakesh18 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Hello All,

My employer had applied for a CoS for me and outcome was scheduled to come after 13 August 2012 meeting. I have been waiting till now. Anyone, who got the CoS outcome for 13 August meeting, please let me know.

How much time, it takes to get the CoS outcome?

Thanks in advance
Rakesh

bharatuppala
Newly Registered

Re: 13 August 2012 Restricted CoS outcome

Post by bharatuppala » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:07 pm

grakesh18 wrote:Hello All,

My employer had applied for a CoS for me and outcome was scheduled to come after 13 August 2012 meeting. I have been waiting till now. Anyone, who got the CoS outcome for 13 August meeting, please let me know.

How much time, it takes to get the CoS outcome?

Thanks in advance
Rakesh
Hi I am also waiting !! Will post here when it's done.

bharatuppala
Newly Registered

Post by bharatuppala » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:21 pm

status still says under review. bit worried now.

Guys any one got their allocation in August meeting?
Please post here!!

grakesh18
Newly Registered

Restricted CoS for August

Post by grakesh18 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:07 pm

No buddy. Still awaiting status. Don't know, what happened this time? Really strange.

grakesh18
Newly Registered

Restricted Tier 2 COS for 13 August 2012 meeting

Post by grakesh18 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Guys any information for 13 August 2012 meeting?? Why there is so much delay in CoS this time. Pretty unusual.

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 am

Gravity of the delays is really getting worse now... Can't we do anything about it !! What options we are going to be left with !!? If we breach over stay even for one day, we break the law and should be punished, how you think we should consider these delays for months from UKBA without giving us any certain reply or special arrangements. Applicants whose visas are getting expired while waiting for lingering delays, would they be granted with any special arrangements !! RLMT Test expires in 6 months, SL and CoS are taking more than 6 months all together !!? and if Applicant's current visa expires while waiting for CoS which is not his fault, from 1st Oct any one who has overstayed their application shall be refused straightaway, this all seems a plan of UKBA!!... Please Please put some light or take some action !!

bharatuppala
Newly Registered

Re: Restricted Tier 2 COS for 13 August 2012 meeting

Post by bharatuppala » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:53 pm

grakesh18 wrote:Guys any information for 13 August 2012 meeting?? Why there is so much delay in CoS this time. Pretty unusual.
No! I am also waiting

bharatuppala
Newly Registered

Post by bharatuppala » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello Guys any news!!

Shamino

Post by Shamino » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Just curious

Haven't seen any updates of the Restricted CoS allocation for the month August

Has anyone been allocated a restricted CoS in August?

or know if there are any current delays?

Cheers

Shamino

Post by Shamino » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:57 am

Anyone???

matlondon
Newly Registered

Post by matlondon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:29 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has any information about how strict is the RLMT expiration deadline?
We first posted the ad on 23 April 2015. So the RLMT is completed and interviews done and dusted. But due to several delays and document verifications etc, my company has everything in place only now and applying for their sponsor license by the end of August.
Which means they need to get their Sponsor license approved (min 6 weeks or more? ), and their COS by Oct 23 2015 (within 6 months of ad posting on jobcenter)
If this is delayed by a few days or couple of weeks does the whole process of RLMT and fresh interviews have to be repeated??? :shock:

matlondon
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by matlondon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:31 am

manci wrote:If an RLMT has to be carried out the sponsor has to confirm that they have done so, and give details such as dates, reference numbers, etc., when assigning the CoS. This is mandatory.
Hi Manci, would you how how strict is the 6 month RMLT expiration deadline? What if the company applies for COS a few days/ weeks later than that?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:33 pm

matlondon wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has any information about how strict is the RLMT expiration deadline?
We first posted the ad on 23 April 2015. So the RLMT is completed and interviews done and dusted. But due to several delays and document verifications etc, my company has everything in place only now and applying for their sponsor license by the end of August.
Which means they need to get their Sponsor license approved (min 6 weeks or more? ), and their COS by Oct 23 2015 (within 6 months of ad posting on jobcenter)
If this is delayed by a few days or couple of weeks does the whole process of RLMT and fresh interviews have to be repeated??? :shock:
see 29.2-29.4
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v_1_1.pdf
the company is far from "having everything in place" - they need get a sponsor licence first and once they have it they have to apply for an rCoS and only once they get that can they assign a CoS to you.
It would be adviseable to launch another RLMT in due course.