ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-employed - Limited Company based in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myegin11

Self-employed - Limited Company based in the UK

Post by myegin11 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 am

Hi

I am an IT consultant and working through my own company and am the director of the company. For previous applications, i.e. Tier-1, ILR, I have proved my income as salary and dividends from my company.

For my prospective wife's visa application, however, I could not find anything related to dividend vouchers considering e.g.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/
or
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Obviously, Home Office now wants us to apply through "Self-employed - Limited Company based in the UK" route. The application form has the question (Appendix 2 - 3.54) to distinguish this route from the common definition of "self-employed" (as in HMRC, e.g. paying Class 2 NI).

It seems they have clarified the ambiguity for the people like me. Although for ILR I have supplied my payslips and dividend vouchers, it seems for my wife's visa application this will not be possible anymore. Or am I overlooking something?

Moreover, the required documents for the "Self-employed - Limited Company based in the UK" route are strictly defined. e.g.
- CT603 (Notice to file a company tax return). (Who keeps this?)
- Audited company accounts (My accountancy is a well-known one and has never provided an "audited" company accounts whereas they have been providing "unaudited" company accounts. It seems "audited" company accounts are not mandatory for small firms, but how to explain this to Home Office?

Can anyone shed light upon the above considerations?

Cheers...

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 am

Hi myegin11, I am in the same situation as you, and am equally confused about whether dividends qualify and about whether company accounts need to be audited. (I get the impression that these guidelines have been rushed through...)

bobobo

Re: Self-employed - Limited Company based in the UK

Post by bobobo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 am

Hi was in the same boat applied for FLR (M) for my wife , which was granted to her. I provided the following:
1. Management Accounts prepared by accountants (Signed and stamped)
2. Payslips and Dvd Vouchers prepared by accountants
3. Personal bank a/c showing the money going in,so HO can see that I meet requirements.
4. Company and VAT certificate
5. Proof of VAT Payment
6. Proof of Corporation tax payment
7. Proof of Self assesment payments

Note: if you call HMRC they will send you proof/statements highlighting you have paid the above (5,6,7).
"Audited" accounts are far fetched and I am sure HO did not know what they are taking about as this is expensive and not generally done for ltd companies
myegin11 wrote:Hi

I am an IT consultant and working through my own company and am the director of the company. For previous applications, i.e. Tier-1, ILR, I have proved my income as salary and dividends from my company.

For my prospective wife's visa application, however, I could not find anything related to dividend vouchers considering e.g.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/
or
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Obviously, Home Office now wants us to apply through "Self-employed - Limited Company based in the UK" route. The application form has the question (Appendix 2 - 3.54) to distinguish this route from the common definition of "self-employed" (as in HMRC, e.g. paying Class 2 NI).

It seems they have clarified the ambiguity for the people like me. Although for ILR I have supplied my payslips and dividend vouchers, it seems for my wife's visa application this will not be possible anymore. Or am I overlooking something?

Moreover, the required documents for the "Self-employed - Limited Company based in the UK" route are strictly defined. e.g.
- CT603 (Notice to file a company tax return). (Who keeps this?)
- Audited company accounts (My accountancy is a well-known one and has never provided an "audited" company accounts whereas they have been providing "unaudited" company accounts. It seems "audited" company accounts are not mandatory for small firms, but how to explain this to Home Office?

Can anyone shed light upon the above considerations?

Cheers...

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:14 am

Hi bobobo, That's useful to know. But presumably you applied before the rule change in July 2012?