ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancelling Embassy Application in Case of Delay?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frency
Newly Registered

Cancelling Embassy Application in Case of Delay?

Post by frency » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:23 am

Dear members,

I have applied for an EEA Permit at an Embassy. It has been two weeks and no reply. Neighboring countries settle the same for 5 days.

In case I cancel this application, get back all documents and appear in person at the UK Border Agency in France, is there any chance of being refused an EEA Permit because of this cancellation?

My partner is already settled in UK. The problem is that I want to be there sooner than the Embassies standard procedures as I have some job interviews arranged.

Best regards,

Frency

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 pm

It's possible but don't expect to get the passport the next day you ask to withdraw the application. Might be quicker just to wait for a decision.

frency
Newly Registered

Thanks for reply!

Post by frency » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 pm

I think they mentioned that retrieving docs shouldnt be longer than 3 days.

I just worried that UKBA will send me back to Embassy. Is there any chance of this happening or are they obliged to make a decision there?

Best regards,

Frency

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 am

Are you married?

You should be able to enter the UK with similar evidence required for Family Permit if you present that at the border. There is no requirement to hold a Family Permit. They can't tell you to go to the embassy.

frency
Newly Registered

Thanks for reply!

Post by frency » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Yes I am already married with my partner and have presented all evidence at Embassy.

Now my partner is in UK working.

We are planning to live and work there together but this Embassy decision seems to be taking forever.

Best regards,

Frency

axismhr
Newly Registered

Re: Cancelling Embassy Application in Case of Delay?

Post by axismhr » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:40 pm

You are just waiting for 2 weeks and seemed tired. Its been 110 days nearly 4 months and this embassy is still holding my decision and not issuing visa or giving any decision.
Pissed of :cry: :cry: