ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally got a premium booking, but...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inna

Finally got a premium booking, but...

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks to this forum I was able to get a premium booking online by using the trick of going on at midnight, but...

The only day available was the same day that my current Tier 1 (General) expires.

Does 'Valid until' on the permit mean you're still valid on that date? Would the Home Office have any issues with me applying on the final day?

leo_sangha

Re: Finally got a premium booking, but...

Post by leo_sangha » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:42 am

inna wrote:Thanks to this forum I was able to get a premium booking online by using the trick of going on at midnight, but...

The only day available was the same day that my current Tier 1 (General) expires.

Does 'Valid until' on the permit mean you're still valid on that date? Would the Home Office have any issues with me applying on the final day?

Very tricky, if i was you i would rather apply by post than waiting for premium service application on the same day your visa expires.

If their IT systems are down, they might send you back to book another day(sometimes it happens) or they might ask you to apply by post (that's happened to me) & if they ask you to apply by post you're gonner by then.

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 am

Unfortunately I can't apply by post as I can't be without my passport for 3-6 months.

If their IT systems were down, they can ask you to apply by post?!

It's crazy to think they would turn down the £500 extra from a premium service.

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:16 am

Its not about the money and they (UKBA) really don't care about the money and they have huge backlog and because of that everybody apply in PEO and its well beyond what that can mange and expect.

So as per recent incidents there is a high probability that their system crash or some IT glitch on that day when you will go ( read the many cases in this forum)

If it happens then you don't have time to make any changes and even if you apply by post they need to receive the application before your visa expires and if you take chances like that I Would say its a "high risk strategy"

Anyway Good luck !

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:58 am

If their IT systems crash, is it still counted as my fault? Would they never allow extra time to compensate for their own problem?

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:05 am

I've read a few posts saying that the bookings are always 42 days in advance... and I just realised that the only booking I could get was 42 days away.

Has anyone ever been able to get a booking earlier than that?

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:09 am

inna wrote:I've read a few posts saying that the bookings are always 42 days in advance... and I just realised that the only booking I could get was 42 days away.?
Does that mean your visa is about to expire in next 42 days?? so you have some time before you can go at PEO.

I can suggest 3 options here.. only iff you have some time from now..

1. keep looking every now and then for appointments just in case some one cancel their appointment..
2. If you have no problem in paying some big money.. but want to get job done, apply for "Super Premium service".. it will cost £6000+PEO application fee. Although there are some people who are already planning to apply using this service and are looking for partners.. check out those posts..
3. in worst case Contact a OISC lawyer, they have special appointment that are different from online booking service.. I can suggest you mine if you want.. cost of this is usually lesser than super premium service..

you may give it a thought....

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:10 am

how much an OISC lawyer charges for getting us an appointment ?

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:10 am

"If their IT systems crash, is it still counted as my fault? Would they never allow extra time to compensate for their own problem?"
well come to Great Britain , the worst public service dept IN THIS COUNTRY !!!!! that's the attitude they have towards minority immigrants !!!!!!! So unfortunately the answer to your question is a BIG "NO"

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:18 am

innocentdevil wrote:how much an OISC lawyer charges for getting us an appointment ?
well, it's not for a getting an appointment.. but I think they represent you as their customer.. so they become your legal representative... and they charge you for that representation... I guess getting an appointment is a part of representation service that they offer.. and it is not separately sold/charged.. I'm sorry if my wording were wrong in earlier post.. All I wanted to suggest that there is an option available there...

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 am

Yep, my visa expires in 42 days.

I'll keep checking the site... but I'm guessing I'll always need to do it at midnight? I'm not able to pay for the super premium service.

Do they ever have appointments available via phone?

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:26 am

inna wrote:Yep, my visa expires in 42 days.

I'll keep checking the site... but I'm guessing I'll always need to do it at midnight? I'm not able to pay for the super premium service.

Do they ever have appointments available via phone?
well, not just mid night... but all the time during throughout the day as well... sometime you may get it at 1PM just in case if someone cancels..

Worth trying appointments on phone too.. my personal exp is they take longer to come on phone.. but keep trying.. it may be 30-40 mins before you speak with someone... have patience..

good luck..

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:37 am

I would recommend from my personal experience keep trying online as I got two appointments when I applied for my ILR.

When you phone they can tell you when there is a free slot but since those are already taken its the same thing you can see online. So best thing is keep trying throughout the day and I can assure you you will succeed.

Best of luck !!!!

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks! I've never seen an appointment available (at any location, at any time)... except for at midnight.

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 am

There are . trust me I did book like that ( 2 appointments). people do cancel but at the same time people are waiting to take those . so it wont last even more than one minute.

by the way when is your visa expire ?

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:45 am

September 26. I thought I had a good amount of time, but now it's feeling like a very tight schedule!

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 am

well you have plenty of time now and sept 26 to book an appointment using any cancel appointments.

So keep trying. there are no shortcuts. 24/7 online until you get one !!!!!
I know its hard. but at the end its worth every minute you suffer.

say never give up !!!!!!!!!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:07 am

i need to start looking for one on 27th August but the moment its midnight the UKBA website won't even load on my computer. it just dies wtf

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:09 am

That happened to me last night for the first few midnights past midnight... it then started working about 12:05.

I'm not sure if it just can't cope with the traffic or it goes down whilst it updates the new appointments.

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 am

I guess no one post the application these days knowing how super-fast UKBA !!!!!!!

So its obvious UKBA website nor staff can manage the sheer volumes !!!!!!!!

I guess we do need more UKBA staff in back office not front office at airport entry clearance !!!!!! Unfortunately no one would bother to observe these issues

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 am

It amazes me that they wouldn't allow for more premium services. They're charging £1377 on a service that used to be free in 2003.

Surely it doesn't take any more time or labour than a standard application.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:17 am

their system is shite we know that.

so when it comes back up at 12:05 does it still list the appointments or are they all gone by then?

inna

Post by inna » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 am

When I finally got the website to load last night it gave me about 5-6 options: I think it was 08:00, 08:10, 08:20, 08:50, 09:20, 09:30.

All available were for Croydon, but I can't remember if I had only selected Croydon or 3 different locations.

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:22 am

inna wrote:It amazes me that they wouldn't allow for more premium services. They're charging £1377 on a service that used to be free in 2003.

Surely it doesn't take any more time or labour than a standard application.
as per UKBA PEO needs 30 mnts for single application and 45 mnts for family application to decide.
That's the effect of UKBA cost cutting!!!!!!!!! each Govt dept has their own targets to achieve.

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:24 am

inna wrote:When I finally got the website to load last night it gave me about 5-6 options: I think it was 08:00, 08:10, 08:20, 08:50, 09:20, 09:30.

All available were for Croydon, but I can't remember if I had only selected Croydon or 3 different locations.
always select at least 3 and if more appointments always select earliest as then it will allow for any mishaps which we might not expect