ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 am

I don't think the parliament or the media will support immigrants, in this highly anti immigrant society we live in today. Let's face it , the majority in this country hate immigrants, especially after the credit crunch.

anushil123
Newly Registered

Post by anushil123 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 am

Hi all, i am in the same boat as well. Applied on the 10th March 2012 and havent heard anything since. I contacted my MP and my MP's caseworker came back to me saying the case has been reviewed but no decision has been taken yet!!!! What??? Why???

I also sent them couple of faxes last month to let me know if they require anyfurther information from me so that I can provide them whatever they want. Since I have heard fro my MP that they havent taken a decision i am not able to sleep. I was out of the country for total of 179 days (out of which 55 days were in India) as my mother passed away in December 2009. but for that i was fully paid by my employer for those months and have submitted employers letter stating they granted me full paid compesanote holidays / pay slips. Full five years payslips are also provided to show continuity of my employment. Also for eveidence i have kept all my mum's hospital documents along with ther death certificate as suggested by my solicitor.

I don't know but they might be checking my absence of 179 days but it is still less than 180 days and haver provided everything genuinely. My solicitor had counted days of my absence and provided necessary covering letter and all that!!!!

I do not have any single absence of mor than 3 months. I know I am quite near to the limit but circumstance were such that i had to be with my father and younger brother. My employer fully supported me in these toug times.

I am really worried after hearing that they have reviewd but havent taken a decision, is a senior caseworker looking at my case now???....my life is on hold and my employer is asking for my documents every other day!!!!!

Don;t know what to do???? feel like banging my head on the wall....

I think there is no specific temeplate to write to MP....i just emiled him wth my concerns.

youoz
Newly Registered

Post by youoz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 am

Morning folks, thought I'd share with you all where things are at with my ILR SET(O) app. I'm 1 week shy of an agonising 6months wait, so I feel all of your pain ... trust me. I called up my MP's office this morning and they offered to call UKBA and enquire where in the process my application is. Just received a call from the MP's office saying that the caseworker made their decision on my case yesterday (!) .... now the agonising wonder of what that decision is begins :cry:

UKBA said that the next stage is for the decision to be passed to the despatch team who will review the caseworker's decision (MP's exact words) and after that they will send it out to me. What does that mean, despatch team reviewing the caseworker's decision? Does that mean it was a negative decision? arghhhh who knows!!! I've been out of the UK for a lot more than 180 days due to holidays and lots and lots and lots of weekend trips (no trip more than 90 days) ...

I will update you all when I do receive my documents back - MP couldn't get out of UKBA when that may be, just that it won't be 'months'. In the meantime if anyone knows whether I should read anything into the MP's wordings of the despatch team reviewing the caseworker's decision then please let me know!

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:13 am

Hi youoz, did you apply by post or at PEO and when?

Bash

mattd0rg
Newly Registered

Post by mattd0rg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 am

mine might take a while, as I had exactly 180 days of absence split across 2 passports with many faded stamps
that and not all trips had return stamps as I'd get entry stamp to Ireland but not return entry stamp when returning back to London.

also I had no P45s or P90s so I sent 5 years worth of bank statements from my 4 different bank accounts (I have a company)

its a lot of crap for them to go through

Apaiva
Newly Registered

Post by Apaiva » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 am

I want to kill myself, this has ruined my life..

mattd0rg
Newly Registered

Post by mattd0rg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:33 am

Apaiva life can't be that bad, no1 is forcing you to become a citizen, or if they are because you're escaping some bad company then surely it has to be worse than simply waiting for a passport :)

VASEY

ILR SET M

Post by VASEY » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:42 am

24 WEEKS TOMOROW AND STILL WAITING

MARCH APPLICATIONS ARE DEFINETELY SLOWER. APPLIED 01/03/12

DON'T KNOW WAHT TO DO

:( :(

02augILR
Newly Registered

Post by 02augILR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:43 am

Current visa: TIER 1 GENERAL
Application form ILR: SET (O) with 2 dependants
Application posted: 02-08-2012 (Special Delivery)
Date application received at UKBA: 3-08-2012
payment debited: Not yet
Payment mode : Cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: Not yet

bond123

Post by bond123 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:50 am

Guys,

Finally long wait is over, got ILT SET(O) yesterday :D , so happy, please see detail timeline which might be helpful for some of the frastated members like me. it took 5.5 months.

I would like to share my timeline on SET (O) application
1. Current visa: TIER 1 GENERAL
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 29-06-2014
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
5. Date application posted: 03-03-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 05-03-2012
7. Date payment debited: 08-03-2012
8. Payment mode: Credit Card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 11-03 -2012
10. Realised that there is a mistake on form, hence completely missed section 10: 15-03- 2012 (missing section sent on same day with letter)
11. Form came back to fill out missing part: 03-04-2012
12. Form resent by special delivery: 07-04-12

I had to move my house as my landlord didn’t pay mortgage (what an a**h**) so property repossessed by bank – 2 month notice

13. House move completed: 05-05-2012
14. Address change letter sent:05-05-2012 (Royal mail redirection also active for 6 months)

No Biometric letter received until 14 June 2012, so somehow manage to speak to helpline and they advised that they will raise a request for me.

15. Phoned UKBA helpline and confirmed if the letters sent: 18-06- 2012
16. UKBA helpline advised letter sent: 15-06-2012
17. Biometric letter received: 26-06-2012 (dated 15-06-2012)
18. biometrics done: 30 -06-2012 (Eastleigh Post office)

Dependent Biometric letter was sent to old address but due to Royal Mail redirection came to correct address, I phoned UKBA helpline and raised the issue but they advised that incorrect address won’t stop attending biometrics. They also advised me to send MCC form with correct address.

19. MCC form sent: 02-07-2012
20. Another Biometric letter for Dependent on correct address: 19-07-2012 (dated 12-07-2012)

The second letter states that no biometric attended , how we have 17 days, I think they have but as the previous letter was on old address, they want us to do it again as they mentioned that we don’t get change for the service but then they cross off the line, we had to pay £19.20
21. Biometric redone for dependent: 21-07-2012

I have sent letter to UKBA with all biometric receipts to advise we are all done now stop giving us nightmare

22. Date of approval: 10 Aug 2012
23. Date of return of passport and other documents: 15 Aug 2012
24. Date BRP ILR Received: 14 Aug 2012 valid until 03/03/2022

Thanks to forum members who helped me during this jeorney
Last edited by bond123 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anushil123
Newly Registered

Post by anushil123 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:58 am

Excellent news!!!! Finally your wait is over......

02augILR
Newly Registered

Post by 02augILR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 pm

That’s quite an info bond123. Thanks for the details. I applied recently by post and then just to check in general for processing time was surfing net, landed on this forum. Now I know what horror I have to go through. Regret my decision of applying by post. But its extra £800 and anyway there wasn’t any appointment available soon…..Now the wait game begins…………….. :shock:

Lost-in-transition
Newly Registered

Received my Passport with ILR stamp

Post by Lost-in-transition » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi everyone in the forum. Thanks for providing a platform for the difficult wait to hear from UKBA.
I applied as a sole applicant on 20th Feb, the last day of my Tier-1 general visa. My application was complicated by a long absence from the country, but i must say the UKBA is quite considerate and take everything into account before making a decision if you have given them evidences and explained your situation.

I waited patiently. I also had an address change in between and I was afraid of losing my documents. I also changed the address with their system, but I was not given information about the whereabouts of my documents until I rang the withdrawal line and the lady was nice and reassured me that my documents were still with them. I did not contact my MP as I did not want to jump the queue. They have stamped my passport on 31/07/2012 for ILR and I got most of my documents back but some have not come. I have requested them, and it will take 20days from date of request. I got my docs back in my prepaid envelope. All in all it is indeed a very difficult period of wait but we have to remember they also had to handle the Olympics for >200 countries and also deal with our applications. I would probably say it is better not to stress yourself and go about doing your own work, as you are expecting to settle here and UKBA is giving you the time to do that.

I hope this helps people who are waiting. Best of luck. :)
Last edited by Lost-in-transition on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

youoz
Newly Registered

Post by youoz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Bash1oo wrote:Hi youoz, did you apply by post or at PEO and when?

Bash
My timeline is in the main list but briefly here, I applied by post on 22 Feb 2012 (so before BRP came into play). I did go to Solihull PEO for my appointment on 22 Feb but they refused to review my application and said I needed to apply by post ...

mattd0rg
Newly Registered

Post by mattd0rg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:13 pm

I did not contact my MP as I did not want to jump the queue.
well said, you sound British already :D

SouthLondon
Newly Registered

Effort

Post by SouthLondon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 pm

I know that neither the public, nor politicians are keen to listen to us, but I don't think that should stop us from trying to push. I don't think this is possible as individuals, but if we make it a joint effort we could maybe achieve something.

What about we start a coordinated effort- create standard letters which everybody can forward to their MPs; maybe we can contact a journalist and get those who are most affected (like people who have not seen their relatives for a while, or can't go to World Ironman Champs because of travel controls) to share their stories. I am sure there would be more ideas.

I would be happy to be the coordinator if there is enough support for this.

cagedkiwi
Newly Registered

Re: Effort

Post by cagedkiwi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 pm

SouthLondon wrote:I know that neither the public, nor politicians are keen to listen to us, but I don't think that should stop us from trying to push. I don't think this is possible as individuals, but if we make it a joint effort we could maybe achieve something.

What about we start a coordinated effort- create standard letters which everybody can forward to their MPs; maybe we can contact a journalist and get those who are most affected (like people who have not seen their relatives for a while, or can't go to World Ironman Champs because of travel controls) to share their stories. I am sure there would be more ideas.

Hi SouthLondon, that is a great idea. It frustrates me to think that the general public and politicians don't care about us - yet we pay taxes, contribute to society like everyone else, don't take benefits and due to the Knowledge in UK test, know more about the UK than the average Brit. I am not much of a writer, but my brother and his wife have both been involved in politics previously so I will get them to help put something together. They also may have some contacts and know how to go about making an impact and getting our voice heard.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:17 pm

@SouthLondon and @cagedkiwi: any effort to shame UKBA, I will go on a Gandhian hunger strike for that cause. Had enough for the last 11 years. Too much to drink perhaps, just had to rant.

SouthLondon
Newly Registered

Re: Effort

Post by SouthLondon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Thats great news.

Anybody who wish to contribute (even if it's just to add your name anonymously to the list) - please send a pm message.

There was a group of students who started a similar campaign a few weeks ago, maybe we can contact them too. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18888210)

There must me many things we can do, maybe a collective complaint to the ombudsman and coordinated requests on the "Freedom of information" site.

cagedkiwi wrote:
SouthLondon wrote:I know that neither the public, nor politicians are keen to listen to us, but I don't think that should stop us from trying to push. I don't think this is possible as individuals, but if we make it a joint effort we could maybe achieve something.

Hi SouthLondon, that is a great idea. It frustrates me to think that the general public and politicians don't care about us - yet we pay taxes, contribute to society like everyone else, don't take benefits and due to the Knowledge in UK test, know more about the UK than the average Brit. I am not much of a writer, but my brother and his wife have both been involved in politics previously so I will get them to help put something together. They also may have some contacts and know how to go about making an impact and getting our voice heard.

snair
Newly Registered

Still waiting - 156 days and counting

Post by snair » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 am

Applied for ILR SET(O) JR
Document sent 13th March 2012
CC Payment taken on 15th March 2012
Ack letter received 17th March 2012
Bio-metrics letter received 23rd March 2012
Bio-metrics enrolled 26th March 2012
Date of approval: AWAITING
Date of return of passport and other documents: AWAITING
Date BRP ILR Received:AWAITING

156 days i think and counting... nightmare !!!

tiamaria89
Newly Registered

ILR Set M

Post by tiamaria89 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 am

Hello all,

I would like to share my ILR SET(M) TIMELINE:

Previous visa: Spouse Visa
Application form used for ILR: SET (M)
Number of dependents applying: One (1)
Date application posted: 03-04-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 04-04-2012
Date payment debited: 16-04-2012
Payment mode: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter received: 19-04-2012
Biometric letter received for main applicant: 12-06-2012 ( biometric letter for dependent not included )
Date of Biometrics Enrollment (main applicant): 13-06-2012
Biometric letter received for dependent: 02-08-2012*
* phoned the 0870 enquiry office twice to inform about not receiving my dependent’s biometric letter. I was informed that it was sent together with mine but it was sent to our old address. Was assured that a new biometric letter will be issued for my son urgently. After 7 weeks of waiting I decided to email AppointmentExceptions and received a very quick reply to my request the next day. 2 days later I finally received my child’s biometric letter.
Date of Biometrics Enrollment (dependent): 06-08-2012
Date of Approval: 10-08-2012
Date of return of passport and other documents: 13-08-2012
Method of return: Royal Mail Special Delivery
Date of arrival of BRP card: 14-08-2012
Method of delivery: DX Mail

Thanks everyone for your valuable support in this journey. You have all been a source of inspiration and strength. You have all been very helpful to me. More power to this great site. I endeavor to support this site the best I can by sharing my experience so that others will learn from it. Thank you again everyone and Thank you to God Almighty ! See you all in the next thread – British Citizenship !!

Apaiva
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set M

Post by Apaiva » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:33 am

tiamaria89 wrote:Hello all,

Biometric letter received for main applicant: 12-06-2012 ( biometric letter for dependent not included )
* phoned the 0870 enquiry office twice to inform about not receiving my dependent’s biometric letter. I was informed that it was sent together with mine but it was sent to our old address. Was assured that a new biometric letter will be issued for my son urgently. After 7 weeks of waiting I decided to email AppointmentExceptions and received a very quick reply to my request the next day. 2 days later I finally received my child’s biometric letter.

Thanks everyone for your valuable support in this journey. You have all been a source of inspiration and strength. You have all been very helpful to me. More power to this great site. I endeavor to support this site the best I can by sharing my experience so that others will learn from it. Thank you again everyone and Thank you to God Almighty ! See you all in the next thread – British Citizenship !!
Thats amazing news. Congratulations!
I have applied before you and still waiting, so upset.

Very happy for you. Hope to get mine very soon.

dadageer
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set M

Post by dadageer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 am

tiamaria89 wrote:Hello all,

Congrats tiamaria89!!

Can you please share the email address you mentioned? AppointmentExceptions?
Not all those who wander are lost...

tiamaria89
Newly Registered

Post by tiamaria89 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Thank you Apaiva and Dadageer for sharing in my happiness. Very much appreciated. Don’t worry apaiva, yours will come soon. Just remain positive and patient.

Dadageer, the email is AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk Hope that helps.

Thanks again !
:D

panda143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Process time

Post by panda143 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Eyescoco wrote:ILR by post, processing time 15 weeks.

Hi, I'm a new member and I wanted to share my experience with anyone who is in the process of applying for ILR or for those waiting for an answer. Before I put in my application, I have regularly visited this board and it has greatly assisted me, so thank you so much.

I have been working for the same employer since March 2006 on a work permit. The first work permit was granted for 2 years and thereafter renewed for 5 years.

First week of May 2012: I applied for ILR - work permit category, I used the postal route.
10 days later: received the acknowledgment letter.
12 days later: the payment fee was taken from my credit card.
First week of July 2012, letter received regarding biometric test and within 2 days biometric test completed.
12.8.2012: ILR granted
15.8.2012: ILR card in the post

Documents in support (3 copies of each document submitted together with originals):

3 months bank statement (last 3 months from date of application)
3 months payslips
Letter from employer confirming employment and including the code
Photocopy of each page of passport which had a stamp
Confirmation letter of 'Life in the UK' test
Marriage certificate (original work permit was granted on maiden name)
Current passport and previous passport

Hope my experience helps and good luck to you all.

Thanks

eyescoco :wink:

Lucky Mate!!! Many congratulations