ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL December applicants POST here(Received on/after 5th Dec)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SO NERVOUS
Newly Registered

Post by SO NERVOUS » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:50 pm

good luck both of you. i got an email from my immigration consultant today saying:

'We have received today acknowledge receipt from the Home Office. That means your application is now under processing state. We will inform you when we receive any result from the Home Office'

mine was recieved on 18/12 so I don't know why mine has been slower than yours. I'm in country too. fingers crossed for me!

paramjit2k wrote:
hsmp.applicant2007 wrote:Hi all,

Update on my application....

Out-of-country application (India)
App. sent - 13 Dec
App. recieved - 15 Dec
Payment recieved - 19 Dec
Ref Number - 201xxx
Decision made & Documents dispatched- 3 Jan

Awaitig recipt of documents & decision details....Fingers crossed :)

Regards.
Mine is always same like u...I am also awaiting decision.

Document were sent 2nd Jan...:)

Let us know when u got the docs,,,decision too... :roll:

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Guys,

Just heard from HO that the decision has been made on my application but the documents are not yet sent back. Time lines are:

Sent on: 19th Dec
Reached HO: 20th Dec
Ref no received: 21st Dec
Case Workder assigned: 3rd Jan
Decision Made: 4th Jan.
Ref Number: 2022XX

In Country - Payment Mode Postal Order.

I pray that the decision would be positive....Will inform you guys once recieved the docs.

Regards

jenwaller

Finally

Post by jenwaller » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:11 pm

it took them less than 24hrs to decide on ur application waht documnets did u send? and did u send an application for urgent treatment?

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:17 pm

No, I did not go through any agent and also not sent urgent application form...may be its a straight forward application....Not sure if they have rejected for some reason....!!!

jenwaller

Finally

Post by jenwaller » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:22 pm

To be honest I think u've approved what documents did u send to claim points? Age Education Earnings or did u go thru the MBA provision?

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:24 pm

Guys..

Mostly apps r processed within a week...So dont need urgent treatment form now... :lol:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

jenwaller

Finally

Post by jenwaller » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:28 pm

i agree but if theres a backlog from the XMas and new year it could take longer. I wonder why it takes less time to process application Do u think there are less people applying?

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:40 pm

1) easier/quicker to fail people
2) probably lots of people leaving it to last minute while they gather appropriate documentation
3) might depend on priority (ie how soon current LTR expires), nationality or surname

Some nationalities i am sure they scrutinise more closely.

i say surname because the HSMP teams are/were based on groups of surnames. So if the 'S' team receive 10,000 applications for Mr/Mrs Smiths in one month - they might take a lot longer to process than other groups which only received 500. Could occur the other way around though.

my initial HSMP was sent in UK to Home Office and i had received Acceptance letter in mail in 3 days, others at the same time took a month.

jenwaller

Finally

Post by jenwaller » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:44 pm

I know the work permit application are based on first letters of the COmpany sponsoring the individual but i didnt know HSMp were based on surname Thanks for that useful piece of info cos mine is a popular surname so I guess I wont be expecting an answer soon unless i send an urgent request but then they may still take their time in accessing me

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:57 pm

i will try and find those numbers again...not coming up with a quick search

best ignore that comment about surnames until i can verify it :)

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi Shockboy,

Good to know that the teams are allotted the applications based on the surname. By the way, From where did you know that the teams are allotted based on surname?

This link lists about the HSMP business team's contact details:
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... dvice.html
Seems this business team is based on the applicant's surname, as you said.

Can you please, share more such similar information if you have?

Thanks,
NNJ10

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:09 pm

i saw that link too just now, but i think that is for Work Permits

this older link clarifies that they are WPermit + employer name grouped teams

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... with0.html

So sorry - im prob wrong on the HSMP surname business. Bad shockboy

SO NERVOUS
Newly Registered

Post by SO NERVOUS » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:23 pm

A few questions....

OK mine has been sent back to me but I haven't recieieved it and don't know if it's approved or not.

If they sent it by recorded delivery in-country today when can I expect to receive it? Does recorded delivery mail arrive over the weekend or do I have to wait until Monday?

Timeline by the way for those interested:
Sent Application: 15th Dec
Application received (special delivery): 18th Dec
Got Ref # 28th Dec (starts with 201xxx)
Rang today & was told it was sent by special delivery - they gave me the ref #

Also my FLR application arrived at the HO on Weds 3 Jan and I got a reference number yesterday but the money hasn't been taken out of my account. Is this a bad sign that my HSMP hasn't been approved?

Does anyone know if the FLR and HSMP teams are in contact?

Thanks for your help

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:30 pm

special delivery or recorded delivery ? you mention both - they are different things. Special is next day UK by 1pm, Recorded may be 2 days.
Both require signature.
If you supplied them with Special delivery envelope pre-paid, they will use that - otherwise it should be Recorded delivery.

Rejected or not, they will take your money. Thats prob the only thing we know for sure about this HSMP process :)

Sure its not just your credit card bank account being slow to update. I know mine sometimes takes 3+ days to show transactions.

What reference number did u get in December and what reference number did u get Jan3?
Is this for extension or initial HSMp ?
Its really hard to understand whats going on (which is why i put all my details in my 'signature' to stop people asking everytmie i post something)
Last edited by shockboy2000 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:32 pm

I would say, wait until monday.

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I am given the recorded delivery number just now. I was given only 11 digits of the recorded delivery number....

I think it starts with first two characters...Would anyone give me the first two characters of the recent delivery reference numbers so that I can give a try...

Thanks

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:23 pm

did you try calling royal mail (or that courier provider), they might give a hint as to what the first 2 characters might be, based on country, location or what ever ..

blues
Newly Registered

Post by blues » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:14 pm

Hi Guyz,

Finally I got the reference number starting with 203XXX. Is some one there with that starting number ??

Pls post the updates.

Cheers

HSMP5thDec

Post by HSMP5thDec » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:12 pm

mine was 2000xx. applied on 4th Dec.
blues wrote:Hi Guyz,

Finally I got the reference number starting with 203XXX. Is some one there with that starting number ??

Pls post the updates.

Cheers

HSMP5thDec

Post by HSMP5thDec » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:14 pm

i always use prepaid special delivery by 1pm second day. normally it is delivered by 9am. costs 4.5pounds.
i also enclosed an empty prepaid special delivery package inside, and they used it to post my documents and approval letter back. very quick and safe.
shockboy2000 wrote:special delivery or recorded delivery ? you mention both - they are different things. Special is next day UK by 1pm, Recorded may be 2 days.
Both require signature.
If you supplied them with Special delivery envelope pre-paid, they will use that - otherwise it should be Recorded delivery.

Rejected or not, they will take your money. Thats prob the only thing we know for sure about this HSMP process :)

Sure its not just your credit card bank account being slow to update. I know mine sometimes takes 3+ days to show transactions.

What reference number did u get in December and what reference number did u get Jan3?
Is this for extension or initial HSMp ?
Its really hard to understand whats going on (which is why i put all my details in my 'signature' to stop people asking everytmie i post something)

HSMP5thDec

Post by HSMP5thDec » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:16 pm

of course they do, they are in the same office place, sharing the same database. when you applied for FLR, you don't need to provide the original letter or anything, just a reference letter of what you got for HSMP approval.
SO NERVOUS wrote:A few questions....

OK mine has been sent back to me but I haven't recieieved it and don't know if it's approved or not.

If they sent it by recorded delivery in-country today when can I expect to receive it? Does recorded delivery mail arrive over the weekend or do I have to wait until Monday?

Timeline by the way for those interested:
Sent Application: 15th Dec
Application received (special delivery): 18th Dec
Got Ref # 28th Dec (starts with 201xxx)
Rang today & was told it was sent by special delivery - they gave me the ref #

Also my FLR application arrived at the HO on Weds 3 Jan and I got a reference number yesterday but the money hasn't been taken out of my account. Is this a bad sign that my HSMP hasn't been approved?

Does anyone know if the FLR and HSMP teams are in contact?

Thanks for your help

AussieDude

APPLICATION RECIVED AT HOME OFFICE 29 DEC 06

Post by AussieDude » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:11 am

HELLO EVERYBODY.

MY APPLICATION WAS SENT IN LATE DEC.
RECEIVED BY HO 29TH DEC (PAYMENT PEOPLE)
MONEY TAKEN OUT 29 DEC
CALLED TODAY, THEY GAVE ME A REFERENCE NUMBER - 2029xx
Yet to be assigned - HUGGEEEEEEEEEEE back log of applications. said it would take quite some time b/c Christmas New Year etc.

I did not state that I would have a courier pick up the documents in my cover letter - i told the dude on the phone that i would like a courier to pick them up - she said to email them that information.

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS?

They said to just keep calling every day and checking if its approved. Once the decision is made, they quickly send them out of their office. I just dont want to be a pest and ring them 200 x next week.

blueteam

Postal Order

Post by blueteam » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:22 am

Hi Guyz....

Anybody there who recvd the Reference number for the applications that are posted on 29th dec or after and paid by the UK Postal order....

nakvis

Need Help - App Rejected with "Original ITR Not Submitt

Post by nakvis » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:34 pm

Hi,

My application is rejected with reason "Not submitted original Income Tax Returns".

I have submitted SARAL Form with STAMP on it as original income tax returns. They have refused to accept it as proof.

Has anyone have any ideas on how to convince them that the SARAL is the original IT Returns for Indian Income. Should I resend them the SARAL along with request for review. (Request for review form says NO ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED).

Please help me in handling this case.

Thanks

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:40 pm

hi nakvis, you already raised a seperate thread with your concern. Please do not cross post. If you have only thread going on, you will have more information coming into it.