ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MILI
Newly Registered

Re: How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Post by MILI » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi,

I also have applied for Tier-1 (Entrepreneur) 50,000 route.( full fund is in uk)

Submitted application: 26th June

Biometric enrollment: 14th July

No update as yet :(

anyone who has done their Biometric enrollment after 14 july got their visa ??????

harun

Post by harun » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:29 pm

katka1311 wrote:my business will be hospitality related and job title is Business development Manager
What do you mean by 'will be'? is not it already under process?

katka1311

Post by katka1311 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:34 pm

well i ahve just opened a compnay and applied for the visa obviously i am not gonna start any business unless i dun get visa ...or do i have to start it before ...these ukba guys gav me this information that obviously you dont ahev visa so you just have to open a visa as a requirment fro visa and then once you get the visa you have to start business in 6 months !!!!

harun

Post by harun » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:39 pm

katka1311 wrote:well i ahve just opened a compnay and applied for the visa obviously i am not gonna start any business unless i dun get visa ...or do i have to start it before ...these ukba guys gav me this information that obviously you dont ahev visa so you just have to open a visa as a requirment fro visa and then once you get the visa you have to start business in 6 months !!!!
If you apply as a psw holder in 50000 category obviously u hav to start business activity (e.g. advertisements, contracts etc) before apply and have to provide it with ur app as evidence.
However u don't necessarily have to invest b4 u get the visa.

katka1311

Post by katka1311 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:44 pm

advertisment needs investment and that will be used from 50000 £ and contracts with who when I am not a business yet i am just a compnay which is waiting for visa to be soughted to start its operations ....

harun

Post by harun » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

katka1311 wrote:advertisment needs investment and that will be used from 50000 £ and contracts with who when I am not a business yet i am just a compnay which is waiting for visa to be soughted to start its operations ....
Thats one of the requirements for switching from psw to tier 1 ent.

MILI
Newly Registered

Post by MILI » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:56 pm

[quote="harun"][quote="katka1311"]advertisment needs investment and that will be used from 50000 £ and contracts with who when I am not a business yet i am just a compnay which is waiting for visa to be soughted to start its operations ....[/quote]

Thats one of the requirements for switching from psw to tier 1 ent.[/quote]

true....u need to have business contract to get ur visa.. pls read page policy guidance page 26(125)

could u pls tell me when u did ur bio???

katka1311

Post by katka1311 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 pm

it was 18th june

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 pm

MILI

I understand you applied in 50,000 category with full funds in UK.

Did you only attach your bank statement to claim all 75 points (i.e availability of funds 25, FSA regulated bank 25 and transferability of funds to UK 25).

OR

Did you also attach a letter from the bank?

Regards

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

Any one got visa in August

Post by crazy_ram » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi,
If any of the group members get the visa process done in the last two weeks please post the processing timings.

Date of Application:
Date of bio metrics:
Date of any info from case worker:
Date of approval letter:
Date of BRP Received:

Thanks,
RAM

MILI
Newly Registered

Post by MILI » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:27 pm

[quote="bluebird2011"]MILI

I understand you applied in 50,000 category with full funds in UK.

Did you only attach your bank statement to claim all 75 points (i.e availability of funds 25, FSA regulated bank 25 and transferability of funds to UK 25).

OR

Did you also attach a letter from the bank?

Regards[/quote]

i attached the bank statement...
i tried to get a letter from the bank as well.... but the bank was not willing to issue a letter which is requested by UKBA

fated87
Newly Registered

Post by fated87 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Date of application: 2/5/2012
Date of biometrics: 25/5/2012
any communication from HO: No
Date of approval letter: 4/6/2012
Funds shown in UK

fated87
Newly Registered

Post by fated87 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Well, I did showed all the documents needed and I was holding psw. It is just my the visa officer in my Uni told me that if it falls under section D, the visa will only last for 1 year. That's why I'm just wondering. Did the letter u received tells u which section and the length of staying. The 1 I got was 3 years.

sakib820
Newly Registered

Post by sakib820 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:38 pm

fated87 wrote:Well, I did showed all the documents needed and I was holding psw. It is just my the visa officer in my Uni told me that if it falls under section D, the visa will only last for 1 year. That's why I'm just wondering. Did the letter u received tells u which section and the length of staying. The 1 I got was 3 years.
Did you show any Business activity?
If u did what was the business type n job tile. plz share.

penny1012

Memorandum of association dates

Post by penny1012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi guys,

I am applying for Tier 1 soon switching from Psw, my memorandum of association from companies house shows the date of incoporation 4th of April 2012, I requested it on wednesday 15th August 2012. I haven't started trading yet, am still waiting for registration with the regulating body, will this be a problem if I send my visa application under
Section D iii. Registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self-employed; or registered as a
director
You must have been registered as self-employed or a director of a business within the last 3 months before submitting your application as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

I appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks.

dani2125
Newly Registered

Post by dani2125 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:19 am

Hi Guys ..

I applied for Enterprenuer Visa back in June and still its such somewhere in sheffield..... I did not go thorough solicitor obviously it was my mistake because after all these months I can say confidently that UKBA guys know nothing what they are doing and giving information to people ...same happened with me and it messed up my application. I was told by ukba people on 3 different occasions that I do not have to start any business activity as my visa is not granted yet and and I have just opened a new company. Now this case worker has sent me Email asking for any business contract plus a bank letter which bank doesnt give at all.....

I guess I need to make contract now with my potential clients ...Please can some one suggest that what kind of contract exactly can satisfy them My buiness is consulatncy service for restaurants, hotels and Take away chains. We train the staff, design menues, Design service plans and train current managers for making such strategies which help their current customers to come back more often.

Please any help would be appreciated as I have to send this documnet by monday.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:00 pm

dani2125 wrote:Hi Guys ..

I applied for Enterprenuer Visa back in June and still its such somewhere in sheffield..... I did not go thorough solicitor obviously it was my mistake because after all these months I can say confidently that UKBA guys know nothing what they are doing and giving information to people ...same happened with me and it messed up my application. I was told by ukba people on 3 different occasions that I do not have to start any business activity as my visa is not granted yet and and I have just opened a new company. Now this case worker has sent me Email asking for any business contract plus a bank letter which bank doesnt give at all.....

I guess I need to make contract now with my potential clients ...Please can some one suggest that what kind of contract exactly can satisfy them My buiness is consulatncy service for restaurants, hotels and Take away chains. We train the staff, design menues, Design service plans and train current managers for making such strategies which help their current customers to come back more often.

Please any help would be appreciated as I have to send this documnet by monday.

DANI,

Contract contains information about you, your client and terms and conditions of business.

i can help you to make one, if u required.

Also take my advise. RATHER ASKING UKBA ASK A LAY MAN OR ASK UKBA TO GIVE YOU IN WRITTEN.
Shaukat

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Entrepreneur

Post by smehmood » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:03 pm

DANI

WHEN DID U APPLY FOR YOUR VISA IN JUNE,
DATE OF APPLICATION
BIOMATRIC

PLEASE PROVIDE DATES. THANKS
Shaukat

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

current processing times

Post by crazy_ram » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi,
Any one have Idea on processing times these days? According to the posts in the blog applicants in May got their visas with in 4-5 weeks. But the applicants of June have not yet got their processes done even after 8-10 weeks.
Please update if any one have got visas in August.

Date of application:
Date of Biometrics:
Visa approval letter:
Date of BRP Received:

Thanks alot...

bhaku

Re: current processing times

Post by bhaku » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:11 am

crazy_ram wrote:Hi,
Any one have Idea on processing times these days? According to the posts in the blog applicants in May got their visas with in 4-5 weeks. But the applicants of June have not yet got their processes done even after 8-10 weeks.
Please update if any one have got visas in August.

Date of application:
Date of Biometrics:
Visa approval letter:
Date of BRP Received:

Thanks alot...

No update yet. I gave my biometric on 23rd July.

I showed my fund in UK.

:(

I would like to contact UKBA about the process but dont know how to contact them.

please update me if anyone got the UKBA contact no.

thanks,

Bhaku

Parthaab

Is Tier I ( entrepreneur ) the best route?

Post by Parthaab » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Dear friends,
I am on Tier I ( gen ) visa, but I need 65000 pounds to extend it in three months. Will I be eligible to change to Tier I if I have saved only 50000? Is this advisable by the experts?

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

Re: Is Tier I ( entrepreneur ) the best route?

Post by crazy_ram » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Parthaab wrote:Dear friends,
I am on Tier I ( gen ) visa, but I need 65000 pounds to extend it in three months. Will I be eligible to change to Tier I if I have saved only 50000? Is this advisable by the experts?
Hi parthaab,
50k route is only for those who r in tier 1 (psw) now.

Parthaab

Re: Is Tier I ( entrepreneur ) the best route?

Post by Parthaab » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:23 pm

crazy_ram wrote:
Parthaab wrote:Dear friends,
Hi parthaab,
50k route is only for those who r in tier 1 (psw) now.
Thank you for your advice. I am dissappointed though, because I was depending on this for extending my visa :(

Avinine86
Newly Registered

Advice please @ Tier 1 - Entrepreneur

Post by Avinine86 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:27 pm

1) My wife would be applying for Tier 1 - Entrepreneur visa and I would apply as her dependent. The requirement says she has to show 50000 pounds in a bank at the time of applying. We are planning to name it as some IT - consulting services company and show her current job contract as her business.

When she gets the visa - can she take the money out of the bank account immediately ?

When my wife applies for extension, can she invest that 50k into a new restaurant business which I want to set up ? and show that she invested her funds into a UK business ?

I wanted to get the Tier 1 - Entrepreneur visa but opening a restaurant doesn't fall under the list of occupations at the National Qualifications Framework level 4 and above, as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

Please try and answer my questions ! Thank you very much indeed !

Avinash.P.B

tier1enterpreneur

Hello

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Hello everyone who are scratching their heads like me with the complications of applying for Entrepreneur visa. For all those who have been successful big congratulations to them. For whom are in the process lets make this a more informative forum.
Right to begin with only if the ukba website was concise rather than extra informative and contrasting would have been helpful.
I am almost done with all the requirements. Registered today as self employed but waiting for a response from their end to send me documentation. any clue if anyone has done this with the time frames?

Next is contracts, advertisements and engaged in business activity can someone please highlight this for me as I would like to get more information about this.

Also its so confusing as on the website it says for initial applications they need only limited documents like evidence to investment funds, passports pics, third party funds, english score. For extension i see the requirements of requirement of evidences of engaged in business activity, investment of funds, self employment proof.

So if the later is required for extension how is it that we are meant to send it for initial applications with people mentioning they got a letter asking to provide contracts also solicitors recommending to provide the same.

DAMMMMM its so confusing.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur