ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year economic activity - Limited Company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rob7479
Newly Registered

5 year economic activity - Limited Company

Post by rob7479 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading these boards for a long time leading up to our ILR application. They are an extremely useful information source.

Quick into:
HSMP – Sep 2007 to Sep 2009 (Entry on 5 Oct 2007)
Tier 1 General – Sep 2009 to Sep 2012
My wife will be applying as a dependant and moved with me to the UK and has been living with me the whole time.

From October 2007 till March 2010, I was contracting under a limited company structure with payment as both salary and dividends. This was the basis of my earnings section for my Tier 1 General application.
My P60’s for that period do not include any of the information regarding the Dividends.

I requested the Employment History letter from HMRC as suggested on this board, hoping that it may include amounts declared as dividend income, however it does not and my income for these years is therefore very low on the letter.

The Tier 1 application was handled by an agency that communicated directly with my accountants. I have now looked over the original documents they used and I do have stamped and signed dividend certificates, but only for the 12 month period needed for the Tier 1 application.

I have no dividend vouchers for the other periods. I am planning to contact my accountants (it has been 2 years since the company was closed) and request them but I first wanted to check that dividend vouchers (+ p60) would be the best way to prove the Economic Activity for that period?

Is there a better method? I was wondering if HMRC would be able to send an amended letter showing Income from employment but also from Dividend Income. They must have this, as it would have been included on my tax return.

Thanks for any help.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:59 pm

sorry but if you have your P60s then why do you also want the dividen vouchers thats fine? all they really need is last 12 mths bank statements and salary slips.

You can just get a letter from your accountant for the missing information but to me it sounds like a lot of effort.

you have to show that you were economically active and even with a small salary one is considered to be economically active.