ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lostsoul77
Newly Registered

lost passport

Post by lostsoul77 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 pm

hi, i had submitted my passport alongwith my family's for british citizenship. UKBA has sent me a letter saying they didnt have my passport with the application form.they have sent back all the other passports and original papers. have charged me 1500 pounds and kept the forms.
I am sure i sent my passport. i've looked everywhere. they want it by 10th march. i'm really distressed. what do i do ?
i have photocopy of my passport front, back and ILR page. should i just send that ? will they look for the lost passport or just say it was my fault?
Last edited by lostsoul77 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:44 pm

When did you send your application originally?

Are you able to report passport lost and get a new one from your country embassy?

lostsoul77
Newly Registered

Post by lostsoul77 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 pm

I sent it on 3rd feb. they replied back on 17th saying they didnt find my passport with the application.
the thing is even if i get a new passport, it wouldnt have the ILR stamp on it :oops:

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Post by shubhoh » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:19 pm

lostsoul77 wrote:I sent it on 3rd feb. they replied back on 17th saying they didnt find my passport with the application.
the thing is even if i get a new passport, it wouldnt have the ILR stamp on it :oops:
So did you have to get a new passport+ILR or the HO was able to accept photocopies of the prev one?