ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover Letter Tier 1 Dependant In Country Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aragon

Cover Letter Tier 1 Dependant In Country Application

Post by aragon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for my dependants by post. Could you please help me answer the following queries please...

1) Do you need cover letter for dependant's application if its for in country tier 1 extension? If yes, can I make just 1 cover letter for 3 dependants. 1 wife 2 kids.

2) Can a debit card payment fail even if you have sufficient funds in your bank? I am using my debit card details to pay for their fees, just wondering whether that is the right decision. Wanted to pay by banker's draft but than found out that we cannot trace whether banker's draft is cleared or not so crossed that option out. Let me know if Debit card can cause any problem then will pay by draft.

3) If I decide to pay by draft, can I just make 1 draft for 3 dependants or will i need 3 seperate drafts. I am sending all the 3 applications in single envelope.

4) Please check if the below list if OK. Let me know if anything need included.

3 PBS dependants form
Recent photos
1 birth Certificate(Daughter was born here and its her first application)
My passport copy
My BRP copy
3 months bank statement for maintaince fund

Not sending the marriage certificate and my son's birth certificate again as they were provided in the first application. This is OK right?

Thanks for reading guys. You valuable inputs are much appricated.

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Cover Letter Tier 1 Dependant In Country Application

Post by longshift » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:20 pm

aragon

Re: Cover Letter Tier 1 Dependant In Country Application

Post by aragon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 pm

longshift wrote:..
??

Anyone please help.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 am

1..One cover letter is fine

2..Just tell your bank that you will be doing amount of sucj transaction and they shouldn't stop it

3.. One draft is fine

4.. Add your marriage certificate and letter form your wife consenting that child can become your dependant...

Add the birth certificate for all the child...

aragon

Post by aragon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:42 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:1..One cover letter is fine

2..Just tell your bank that you will be doing amount of sucj transaction and they shouldn't stop it

3.. One draft is fine

4.. Add your marriage certificate and letter form your wife consenting that child can become your dependant...

Add the birth certificate for all the child...
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your response. I called my bank-LLoyds TSB to authorise the payment but they said that they cannot guarantee payment. They do not take pre-notifications and anti fraud system can still decline the payment. Its automated and they cannot do anything about it. They said that after its declined, i can call them back and they will authorize it afterwards. Anyway, I am going with the draft option.

With regards to the marriage certificate and wife's concent. Is that really necessary? can someone else please shed some light on it.

aragon

Post by aragon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:23 am

Hi All,

I have 2 questions:

1) I have 3 dependants. Can I pay for all with a single Draft or will I have to get 3 seperate drafts for each application. Also, in question A7 - A9 which says (If paying by cheque or bankers draft enter the bank account number, sort code and cheque number), whose details should I put. Mine or banks if paying by draft.

2) I manage to get an appointment for PEO for my dependants. But I booked it under Tier 1 category and included 3 depedants in it. This is the only way I could have booked 1 appointment for all the 3 dependants. As when I was choosing Tier 1 PBS dependant as option, it would not give me option to select more people to join in the same appointment. And this way I will need 3 seperate appts which are very hard to find in first place. Also there is no way I could have booked 3 appointments for the same time in 1 night. I think its impossible. Hope this is OK. As I will not be making my application again as I have already got my visa. Its just for my dependants.

Please help to clarify this. Your help in this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks.

aragon

Post by aragon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Anyone? :(

aragon

Post by aragon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:54 pm

aragon wrote:Hi All,

I have 2 questions:

1) I have 3 dependants. Can I pay for all with a single Draft or will I have to get 3 seperate drafts for each application. Also, in question A7 - A9 which says (If paying by cheque or bankers draft enter the bank account number, sort code and cheque number), whose details should I put. Mine or banks if paying by draft.

2) I manage to get an appointment for PEO for my dependants. But I booked it under Tier 1 category and included 3 depedants in it. This is the only way I could have booked 1 appointment for all the 3 dependants. As when I was choosing Tier 1 PBS dependant as option, it would not give me option to select more people to join in the same appointment. And this way I will need 3 seperate appts which are very hard to find in first place. Also there is no way I could have booked 3 appointments for the same time in 1 night. I think its impossible. Hope this is OK. As I will not be making my application again as I have already got my visa. Its just for my dependants.

Please help to clarify this. Your help in this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Can anyone please answer this queries... It will be a big help.... I have my appointment on Friday.... Thanks.