ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not received biometric enrolment letter for dependants

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blinky
Newly Registered

Not received biometric enrolment letter for dependants

Post by Blinky » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please provide some guidance/help on below.

I applied in the first week of April 2012 for my Tier 1 general visa extension along with my husband's application (as dependent).

I received the acknowledgement and now the letter for biometrics (June 2012). However, I have not received one for my husband. I had to request for a new biometrics, as they quote the wrong title for myself and managed to call them and obtain a new letter. But yet, they have not sent anything for the dependent.

Does this mean there is an issue with my husband's application?

If you know anything, please inform.

Thanks.

tiamaria89
Newly Registered

status

Post by tiamaria89 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello Blinky, I have the same experience too. I applied with one dependent and only received biometric letter for myself last week but none for dependent. Let me know if you have already received the letter for your husband / dependent. I have tried calling them but it is a long wait so I am trying to be patient and just wait this time.

tibuh
Newly Registered

Post by tibuh » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello ppl,

I also am having the same problem. I applied jointly for myself and wife (as dependent) however biometrics came only for me. Request you all to reply if you got to know the reason.

Warm Regards,
Tibuh

cracker
Newly Registered

Post by cracker » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:40 am

After much frustration of being told to call the advice line and spending so long on hold, I found out that you can also email UKBA to let them know if a letter is missing. AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Seems as though forgetting to send a letter for the Dependants is not such an uncommon problem....

By the way, it still took another week for the missing letter to arrive after they said one had been sent, but I did get an apology, that was a first.

tiamaria89
Newly Registered

Post by tiamaria89 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello, When I received my biometric letter, I had mine done the next day at our nearest post office. I waited for about 3 weeks for my son’s letter to arrive and when there was nothing still, I decided to phone the 0870 immigration bureau. There I was told that they sent the letter for my dependent ( son) on the same day they sent mine however it was sent to our old home address. In fact, 2 letters were already sent to my son, a month apart but it was sent to our old address. After another 3 weeks, I still have not received my son’s biometric letter so I phoned the 0870 immigration bureau again and was assured that an urgent request was made to issue a new biometric letter for my son at our correct address. But after 2 weeks of not receiving the letter still, I decided to email them through the AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as recommended by cracker and you know what?? They responded !! I was amazed with how fast and efficient it all went. I sent my email enquiry at about 10 pm Wednesday night and they replied to my email no later than noon the very next day, Thursday. They also apologized for what happened which I thought was very nice of them. I received the new biometric letter for my son the very next day, Friday. That was amazing and very impressed ! So I would recommend sending an email to Appointment Exceptions because it looks like it is the best means that works efficiently. So I thought of sharing my story to be of help to those who experienced the same situation and I also feel I owe it to share this because this forum has been of great help to me. Thank you also cracker for your suggestion, you had been very helpful !
:) :)

cracker
Newly Registered

Post by cracker » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:31 pm

That's what these forums are all about, helping each other through the challenges and difficulties that often arise when making visa applications. It often becomes more stressful and frustrating when you waste time and money phoning over-stressed, busy call centres, when you cannot find the required guidance on the UKBA website because they had not thought of providing information on what should be done when things go wrong and its not your fault.....
I am happy to hear that I was able to help someone Tiamaria89

Graham

tiamaria89
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone !!

Post by tiamaria89 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:30 am

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your help. I have received our approved ILR and biometric cards for myself and my son last Monday, 13 August !! . I will now post our timeline in ILR Processing timelines. See you all in the next thread. Thanks again for your valuable help and assistance especially to you Graham (cracker). Your suggestion was a tremendous help for me. Good luck to everyone and regards !! :D