ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending passport from Tijuana,Mexico to UK Embassy in Bogota

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soniac

Sending passport from Tijuana,Mexico to UK Embassy in Bogota

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience sending their passport from Mexico to the embassy in Bogota, Colombia?

My partner has been granted an EEA Family Permit, we received an email from the embassy in Bogota, Colombia for him to send his passport asap in order to receive the permit. They asked for him to send it via FedEx or DHL and to include a pre-paid envelope so they can return his passport using the same service. He has tried both companies where he resides in Tijuana,Mexico, however neither of them are allowing him to purchase an international pre-paid envelope to include in his package so he hasn't been able to send his passport yet.

I have called the embassy to inform them of this, but of course you can't speak to anyone in the Visa section. They told me to send them this information via fax, which I have done yesterday, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this aswell, and if so, do you have any suggestions on what we can do to get the passport to them as soon as possible? We received the notification on August 2nd to send his passport, and it's now the 16th and we still haven't been able to get the passport to them:( Not sure what the time period is that we have to get the passport to them....

Any advise would be so appreciated as I await the response from the embassy from my fax.

Thanks everyone!!!!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Odd. Somebody recently applied through Mexico city and did not have to send anything anywhere. Where did you apply? Why did you keep the passport?

Why are you applying for an EEA Family Permit in any case? I ask because Mexican citizens do not need a visa to enter the UK
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el patron
Member of Standing

Bogota blues!

Post by el patron » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:01 pm

As well as faxing you could try this email -

agencymailbox.bogota@fco.gov.uk (I'm told it has priority)

Is there no Domesa agency in Mexico? If not would it be possible to have the passport mailed from San Diego either by Domesa, Fedex or DHL?

Just some ideas for you!

soniac

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:49 pm

[quote="Directive/2004/38/EC"]Odd. Somebody recently applied through Mexico city and did not have to send anything anywhere. Where did you apply? Why did you keep the passport?

Why are you applying for an EEA Family Permit in any case? I ask because Mexican citizens do not need a visa to enter the UK[/quote]

Sorry, I should have specified...we applied for a Family Permit as Unmarried partners back in March, and he was refused, so we appealed it and the ECM has overturned their original decision and granted us the permit, so they have requested his passport be sent to the embassy.

We applied for the Family Permit because he had been denied entry once before after we were returning back from a trip to Paris, and so we did not want to take any chances.

soniac

Re: Bogota blues!

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:00 pm

[quote="el patron"]As well as faxing you could try this email -

agencymailbox.bogota@fco.gov.uk (I'm told it has priority)

Is there no Domesa agency in Mexico? If not would it be possible to have the passport mailed from San Diego either by Domesa, Fedex or DHL?

Just some ideas for you![/quote]

Thank you so much for that, I will send them an email aswell and see what they suggest for us to do!!!!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:17 am

soniac wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Odd. Somebody recently applied through Mexico city and did not have to send anything anywhere. Where did you apply? Why did you keep the passport?

Why are you applying for an EEA Family Permit in any case? I ask because Mexican citizens do not need a visa to enter the UK
Sorry, I should have specified...we applied for a Family Permit as Unmarried partners back in March, and he was refused, so we appealed it and the ECM has overturned their original decision and granted us the permit, so they have requested his passport be sent to the embassy.

We applied for the Family Permit because he had been denied entry once before after we were returning back from a trip to Paris, and so we did not want to take any chances.
That explains. Thank you!

Did you have to pay for the appeal?

soniac

Post by soniac » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:11 am

[quote="Directive/2004/38/EC"][quote="soniac"][quote="Directive/2004/38/EC"]Odd. Somebody recently applied through Mexico city and did not have to send anything anywhere. Where did you apply? Why did you keep the passport?

Why are you applying for an EEA Family Permit in any case? I ask because Mexican citizens do not need a visa to enter the UK[/quote]

We applied for the Family Permit because he had been denied entry once before after we were returning back from a trip to Paris, and so we did not want to take any chances.[/quote]
That explains. Thank you!

Did you have to pay for the appeal?[/quote]

We did pay for an appeal on paper which was £80

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:37 am

And one final question. Did you pay a fee for the visa?

soniac

Post by soniac » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:53 pm

[quote="Directive/2004/38/EC"]And one final question. Did you pay a fee for the visa?[/quote]

We haven't been asked to pay a fee for the visa, however trying to send his passport to Colombia has been a bit of a challenge as they have asked us to include a prepaid self addressed envelope so they can return the passport to him in Tijuana, only one problem, FedEx and DHL do not do prepaids for international deliveries. They have now said we can send it via the embassy in Mexico City who will forward it to Bogota for us....

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 pm

soniac wrote:They have now said we can send it via the embassy in Mexico City who will forward it to Bogota for us....
Seems to be a pretty pragmatic solution. Good.