ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO APPOINTMENT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brij4134

PEO APPOINTMENT

Post by brij4134 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Dear senior member
I am trying to get PEO appointment for ILR in early November 2012. But always it shows no any date available. This is happening since more than 10 days. Can you guide me if anything else I can do to solve this.
Is it possible for November appointments are even fully booked.
If any one can help and guide me please.
Thanks
Brij

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 pm

you cannot book an appointment for november yet. when does you visa run out?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm

The appointments become available 42 days (6 weeks) in advance. As innocentdevil suggested it's too early to book a Nov appointment at this time.

You can use date calculator to workout exact 42 days.

For example today is 08th Aug 2012, and if you add 42 days into it, you will get Wednesday, September 26, 2012.

Also make sure you try and book the slot at midnight as they are booked as soon as they become available.

brij4134

Post by brij4134 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:08 pm

innocentdevil wrote:you cannot book an appointment for november yet. when does you visa run out?
It will run out on 29/11/2012 but I heard it is very difficult to get appointment. When earliest I am able to book appointment for 10th November 2012.
Thanks for your help
Brij

brij4134

Post by brij4134 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:11 pm

linkers wrote:The appointments become available 42 days (6 weeks) in advance. As innocentdevil suggested it's too early to book a Nov appointment at this time.

You can use date calculator to workout exact 42 days.

For example today is 08th Aug 2012, and if you add 42 days into it, you will get Wednesday, September 26, 2012.

Also make sure you try and book the slot at midnight as they are booked as soon as they become available.
Thanks linkers for your reply. I got it now and will try before 42 days. I will post update later in this forum as well. I appreciate help here from all GURU's. Brij

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:47 pm

brij4134: it's not that difficult if you book it 42 days in advance.

To book an appointment for November 12, 2012 (as 10th & 11th is weekend), you need to do it on Monday, October 1, 2012 which is exactly 42 days in advance.

But the tricky bit in this is technically you need to do it at midnight of 30th Sep when the date changes to 1st Oct 2012.

brij4134

Post by brij4134 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm

linkers wrote:brij4134: it's not that difficult if you book it 42 days in advance.

To book an appointment for November 12, 2012 (as 10th & 11th is weekend), you need to do it on Monday, October 1, 2012 which is exactly 42 days in advance.

But the tricky bit in this is technically you need to do it at midnight of 30th Sep when the date changes to 1st Oct 2012.
linkers - I want to get appointment on 14/11/2012 and as I understand I will apply on home office website on 3rd October 2012 (i.e. midnight on 2nd October 2012). Am I counting right? Brij

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:10 pm

brij4134: your calculation is correct. To book an appointment for Wednesday, November 14, 2012, you need to do it on UKBA's site on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 (midnight of 2nd October when the date changes).

Make sure you register yourself on UKBA's site before 3rd of Oct as you won't have to spend time in reregistration at the time of booking the appointment.

You can even register today.

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I am also looking to book an appointment in 2nd week of October and have register myself on UKBA website. I want to ask what additional details we have to enter to book an appointment and how long will it take to fill the form for appointment? Will it lock the slot while entering the details? Do we need to enter passport numbers and details of each dependent going with us? Please reply. Thanks.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:23 pm

coolbuddy: You don't need to give passport number and it doesn't take long to book a slot.

Basically these are the steps:
1). First you log on the UKBA site.

2). On the next screen, you press 'Book Appointment' button.

3). After that it asks you for 'Which service are you applying for?' and you choose SET(O) for ILR based on employment based categories.

4). On the next page, you choose 'Yes' in 'Are you applying using the premium service?' option. And put the number of any dependents (if any).

5). Then on the next page, you need to choose a range of dates from and to and you also need to choose upto 3 PEOs of your choice (you can also choose just 1 PEO). When you press 'next', it shows you the available slots in each PEO and you can press select the slot which suits you and confirm it.

6). That is it. You will get an email with confirmation of your booking. You can also log back on to the site to see your active booking.

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks a lot Linkers, a perfect answer.

I tried yesterday exactly mid-night and kept trying till 1:00am :( without any luck. Really booking an appointment at Croydon is so hard. I am employed and self-employed both. I searched the forum and found that Croydon will be the best option if you are showing your income from employed and self-employed sources. Please suggest, which other PEO, we should consider to book an appointment if unsuccessful to book a slot at Croydon PEO (for employed and self-employed).

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:31 am

What dates you were trying last night (i.e. after mid night this morning) ?

Other PEOs are sometimes not very comfortable with self employed applicants (especially Liverpool and Cardiff) but Solihull should be fine as I have myself seen number of cases (like you) getting approved at Solihull.

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:59 am

Hi Linkers, thanks for the reply. Last night i included 4th Oct in my search and after few attempts I included 5th Oct too (both dates fall under 28 days criteria). I have seen some appointments for 5th but these were for Glasgow which I don't want.

Tonight I searched from 3rd Oct to 8th Oct (as 6th & 7th Weekends) and still no luck. Am I doing correctly?

t2ictilr
Newly Registered

Post by t2ictilr » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:06 pm

linkers wrote:coolbuddy: You don't need to give passport number and it doesn't take long to book a slot.

Basically these are the steps:
1). First you log on the UKBA site.

2). On the next screen, you press 'Book Appointment' button.

3). After that it asks you for 'Which service are you applying for?' and you choose SET(O) for ILR based on employment based categories.

4). On the next page, you choose 'Yes' in 'Are you applying using the premium service?' option. And put the number of any dependents (if any).

5). Then on the next page, you need to choose a range of dates from and to and you also need to choose upto 3 PEOs of your choice (you can also choose just 1 PEO). When you press 'next', it shows you the available slots in each PEO and you can press select the slot which suits you and confirm it.

6). That is it. You will get an email with confirmation of your booking. You can also log back on to the site to see your active booking.
Hi,
Dont we need to provide any Case ID details, dependent details? etc while booking the PEO appointment.

While booking, If i apply for 3 dependents, but later while submitting the application, if i dont include my wife during the PEO appoinemnt ( as she is on a different T2 - ICT and has not completed 5 yrs), will that be OK?

Regards