ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sal2007

ILR Success @ Solihull

Post by Sal2007 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi all,

A big thanks to the forum and particularly those people who advised me in different stages of my ILR application process.

My experience with Solihull PEO today:

A brief history:

3 yrs Tier 1 + 2 yrs Work Permit (two different employers)
26 days short to reach 5years continuous stay

Appointment was booked before 29 days of qualifying period..(My biggest worry till today)

221 days out of UK, no single trip more than 90 days.

No dependent for ILR.

Appointment: 11:30 am @ Solihull peo

arrived at peo: 10:45am

Reception: Asked for application form and passport + appointment reference

allowed in by security after traditional security checks. Security guy said that he will try to give a slot before the booked one.

Issued a token and was asked to wait for call.

waited for 10 minutes.

Called to go to counter 4.

Caseworker: A lady, greeted us. (my wife was accompanying me)

Asked for application form and passport. A glance on application form and the out of uk detail page of application form.

Then she carried out few checks in her computer and mark the relevant boxes in a paper (I think it was check list).

She went behind the counter to have a word with someone.

after couple of mins. she came back and asked for salary slips and bank statements. x checked.

Asked for LIUK test. (score 100%):)
Asked for photographs.

After few mins, the breaking news I was waiting for:
We are issuing ILR,:):D and now u need to pay at counter 6. Told us details about biomatric card and its process.

Within 15 mins decision was taken.

The big request now for my wife's FLR(M)

There was not any appointment booked for my wife's application.
I requested the caseworker whether is it possible for her to consider my wife's application as well. She smiled and said she will ask someone at the back, she went back and came back with a smile :) and asked if the form and all relevant docs, are in hand then she will give it a go.

She asked for application form and passport:

A big shock - She said that FLR(M) is not the relevant form. She gave me FLR(O). I raised my eyebrow, she consoled me by saying ''trust me its right form you need to fill even you got ILR now''.javascript:emoticon(':)')
:)
I started filling the new application form very quickly even missing few segments.:P

Handed over it to her.
She asked for marriage certificate. Provided.

Went behind the counter for few mins, came back and informed us that my wife will get her FLR :). She gave a new token for my wife as well and asked to go to counter 6 for payment.

''u r very very lucky' she commented.

Moved to counter 6. Two direct debit and three credits cards were ready in case any mishap. Payment gone through with debit cards :).

Came back to waiting room. My no. was already called for bio-metric. Biometric done within 15mins.

Asked to come back after one and half hr to collect letters.

Went to Solihull town centre for a chill and collected letters afterward:).

AGAIN, A BIG THANKS TO FORUM AND ALL MEMBERS FOR YOUR LOVELY SUGGESTIONS AND ADVISES!!! :):):)

yallow

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull

Post by yallow » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Sal2007 wrote:
Congrats! Did you have any letters explaining your absences (>180 days)?

sanjana

Congrats.

Post by sanjana » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Congrats Sal. It seems its your lucky day toay
. Good luck for the future.

Raj

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 pm

yallow wrote:
Sal2007 wrote:
Congrats! Did you have any letters explaining your absences (>180 days)?

No, I have not included any letter.

Sal2007

Re: Congrats.

Post by Sal2007 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 pm

sanjana wrote:Congrats Sal. It seems its your lucky day toay
. Good luck for the future.

Raj

Thanks Raj.

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 pm

man u r lucky.

may be they are not that busy today.

coming to ur FLR - O., i think she said that is form as it is the case for Tier 2 dependent. she didnt consider u as ILR, i am pretty sure for ILR dependents, to extend their stay it is FLR-M.

i am seeing the FLR-O form here, and it says it is for ' Dependant of a person who has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system' . I am seeing u were on Tier 1 for 3 yrs in the start and 2 yrs on work permit later? i mean when u applied ILR, ur last 2 yrs were tier 2?

anyways i hope this doesnt confuse other people who r applying extension for their dependants when they get ILR.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Many Congrats Sal :)

wenner

Post by wenner » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 am

Congratulations.you are indeed very lucky.I am about to send my Tier 2 extension for leave to remain today, but after reading your post, I am beginning to have doubts as i am only 18 days short of qualifying residency.My work permit was issued on 31st Oct 2007 and my leave to remain expires 13 Oct 2012.That leaves me with a short fall of 18 days.Then again, you might have just been lucky, and i could be unlucky.If I apply on 3rd oct 2012, that is within 28 days, and before my leave to remain expires.I dont know whether I should take the chance,it is a gamble.I will phone UKBA one more time today.
Thanx for letting us know.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 am

Sal2007 wrote: Appointment was booked before 29 days of qualifying period..(My biggest worry till today)
Hey Sal2007, I have been waiting to hear from you.. Congrats buddy!! I have seen your posts for worry about 29 days & swapping appointments if available..

Heartly congrats!!

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Again SAL...

On FLR (O), which sections did you have to fill?

did u fill 8L ? and what docs apart from marriage certificate were relevant ?

thanks,

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:35 pm

rajasekhar_you wrote:man u r lucky.

may be they are not that busy today.
I think so.
coming to ur FLR - O., i think she said that is form as it is the case for Tier 2 dependent. she didnt consider u as ILR, i am pretty sure for ILR dependents, to extend their stay it is FLR-M.
Thats what I asked her as well. She said you got ILR and will be be considered as ILR but still need to fill FLR(O).
i am seeing the FLR-O form here, and it says it is for ' Dependant of a person who has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system' . I am seeing u were on Tier 1 for 3 yrs in the start and 2 yrs on work permit later? i mean when u applied ILR, ur last 2 yrs were tier 2?

I know FLR(O) form reads what u said and I showed her that the form details for peace of mind but still she said that I got to fill FLR(O). In section 3 'Which Category' she asked me to put that I have got ILR now and she gave me a reference no. from her computer regarding my ILR.

I was on work permit on first 2 yrs and last 3 yrs in Tier 1.
anyways i hope this doesnt confuse other people who r applying extension for their dependants when they get ILR.
I read somewhere in the forum someone else got the same issue at a peo. I can not remember exactly. However I would suggest if u r going to attend a peo better to have both forms in hand.

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:44 pm

p2kin wrote:
Sal2007 wrote: Appointment was booked before 29 days of qualifying period..(My biggest worry till today)
Hey Sal2007, I have been waiting to hear from you.. Congrats buddy!! I have seen your posts for worry about 29 days & swapping appointments if available..

Heartly congrats!!
Thanks

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:50 pm

BACK_TO_GB wrote:Hi Again SAL...

On FLR (O), which sections did you have to fill?
You need to fill almost all sections. Section 3 'Which Category' she advised me to select the last option 'other puroses/reasons...' and asked to give reason in the box below.
did u fill 8L ? and what docs apart from marriage certificate were relevant ?
I did not fill it. I hardly fill the whole form. She asked for marriage certificate only. Apart from marriage certificate we have showed anything.

Thanks

thanks,

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:57 pm

p2kin wrote:

Heartly congrats!!
Thanks. yup u are right. Unfortunately u can not swap your appointment. I rang UKBA few times regarding swapping the appointment they just replied you can not swap.

Bear in mind u can not book any appointment online for next 48 hrs. So even if anybody cancels his/her appointment nobody can book it for the next 48hrs. I asked this question to peo staff they could not give any solid answer.

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:10 pm

wenner wrote:Congratulations.you are indeed very lucky.I am about to send my Tier 2 extension for leave to remain today, but after reading your post, I am beginning to have doubts as i am only 18 days short of qualifying residency.My work permit was issued on 31st Oct 2007 and my leave to remain expires 13 Oct 2012.That leaves me with a short fall of 18 days.Then again, you might have just been lucky, and i could be unlucky.If I apply on 3rd oct 2012, that is within 28 days, and before my leave to remain expires.I dont know whether I should take the chance,it is a gamble.I will phone UKBA one more time today.
Thanx for letting us know.
Thanks.

You can apply for ILR, 28 days before the 5yrs continuous period. U can apply 28 days before 31/10/2012. I had even short fall of 25days.
I have confirmed it from a solicitor and my employer confirmed it from UKBA also. I would recommend u to take the chance particularly go to Solihull, they do not take fees first. They check docs first, give u result whether they gonna issue ILR or not then they take fees at the end.

I hope this will help.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Do you have any unpaid leave in your 221 days? What documents did you provide to this?

[quote="Sal2007"]
3 yrs Tier 1 + 2 yrs Work Permit (two different employers)

Appointment was booked before 29 days of qualifying period..(My biggest worry till today)

No dependent for ILR.
[/quote]

chagan

Post by chagan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 pm

mythbust wrote:Do you have any unpaid leave in your 221 days? What documents did you provide to this?
Sal2007 wrote: 3 yrs Tier 1 + 2 yrs Work Permit (two different employers)

No dependent for ILR.

On FLR(O) how many months visa your wige got?

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 pm

mythbust wrote:Do you have any unpaid leave in your 221 days? What documents did you provide to this?

No dependent for ILR.
I did not have any unpaid leave. They did not even ask about paid/unpaid leaves. However I took payslips and p60 and bank statements with me.

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:35 pm

chagan wrote:

No dependent for ILR.

Almost 20 months. They advised that once my wife finished her 2 yrs stay in uk as a dependent she can apply for ilr.

chagan

Post by chagan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 am

Sal2007 wrote:
chagan wrote:

No dependent for ILR.

Almost 20 months. They advised that once my wife finished her 2 yrs stay in uk as a dependent she can apply for ilr.

Thanks for the reply.
So that means your wife has been in uk for 4 months and now she has got 20 months visa to cover 2 years probation period.

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 pm

chagan wrote:
Sal2007 wrote:
chagan wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
So that means your wife has been in uk for 4 months and now she has got 20 months visa to cover 2 years probation period.
Yes